• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Twilight Corps RPG

Started by Sword, January 31, 2007, 07:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 16, 2007, 06:55:42 AM
Heat: As you leave, you notice a bank of computers with a sign overhead "Omega Database Console." You might be able to learn more about Morgoth there.

Heat decides that there's nothing else to do but check the computers.  He goes to the bank and types in "Morgoth" on the keyboard.  "What do we have here.."

Dweomer Knight

(Caught in a feud between a candy maker and a necromancer...*sigh*...It's going to be one of those nights.)

Hopefully the sun has set enough for me to draw on the power of darkness.

I'll back up to stand in the doorway to limit the number of zombies that can reach me (or am I completely surrounded?) Either way, I'll strike at the nearest zombie. 

Are you drawing the cards for us?

DK

Lord Elcorion

Quote from: Sword on February 16, 2007, 06:55:42 AM
Shadow:
Mist is trying to poison you. Since he is living cyanide, it might be easy.
3        3
Queen 2
8       Jack
Queen Ace
King    Ace-- Three successes to one. He has poisoned you. Lose one point from your torso grid per turn

gack! coughing a bit, i try to sculpt mist into a solid form and then punch him clear into next week with a negative charged fist.

Sword

Green:
Knightfire tries to burn through the vines again. Draw 7 to Queen. "What the smeg is in this vines? Titanium?" For now anyway, you're safe. Hold out for four turns and SAINT will be on the way.
Shadow:
You draw---> Mist Draws
5   11
14   6
2   2
10   3
1 success to -1 success. 2 points of damage to the now solid Mist's torso. And you punch him into the river.
(10 points:Saving Lives)
This leaves Blood Scarab, who is at the moment caught between Garrison and Bayonet. It looks like they've got things under control. You might want to fly to the Medical Center and have the poison purged.
Heat:
This is the information the computer brings up. "Morgoth: Real Name Virgil Devon. Believes self to be messiah, harbinger of coming evolution. Serves as minister for the selfnamed church at 65 Dusk Path. Do you wish to view more information?"

Umbral:
(Zombies only have a bind power and one defense grid. If you can knock three points of damage out of a zombie, it crumbles. Obviously, a baby grand piano can do more than three points of damage. Declare your action and I'll draw for it.)
The zombie mumbles at you "inevitablllle." That's a reasonably smart zombie.

Lord Elcorion

((just so i know, will sulfur still be confined once i leave, at least long enough for the 'caps to deal with him?)) seeing the situation under control, i'll make for the nearest med center to get treatment for the cyanide poisoning.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 16, 2007, 04:50:09 PM
This is the information the computer brings up. "Morgoth: Real Name Virgil Devon. Believes self to be messiah, harbinger of coming evolution. Serves as minister for the selfnamed church at 65 Dusk Path. Do you wish to view more information?"

"Yes please."  Heat clicks on "Yes."

Sword

Shadow: Sulfur is still contained. He's going to be angry when he gets out.
Heat: Here's the extra information the computer draws up
"The five tenets of the Church of Morgoth:
#1 Appearances are deceiving.
#2 Lord Morgoth wishes for all to cast aside the illusion of humanity for the greater evolution
#3 All who believe in Morgoth with thier whole hearts shall survive to see the next level.
#4 When the time is right, the gate shall open into a new life.
#5 May those who walk through the gate be forever blessed by Morgoth."

Lord Elcorion

here's hoping that garrison and bayonet can come up with a more permanent way of trapping sulfer then before my power ends, or that i can return to the scene before then, though the latter is unlikely at best. for now, i just concentrate on getting to the med center.

Sword

It's much easier to get to the med center than you think. Within minutes, Doctor Atomic is purging the poison from your bloodstream. The radio report comes in "Garrison and Bayonet have dealt with their opponents, who have been packed up for transit to the Island."

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 17, 2007, 03:28:29 AM
Shadow: Sulfur is still contained. He's going to be angry when he gets out.
Heat: Here's the extra information the computer draws up
"The five tenets of the Church of Morgoth:
#1 Appearances are deceiving.
#2 Lord Morgoth wishes for all to cast aside the illusion of humanity for the greater evolution
#3 All who believe in Morgoth with thier whole hearts shall survive to see the next level.
#4 When the time is right, the gate shall open into a new life.
#5 May those who walk through the gate be forever blessed by Morgoth."

Gate...could the gate the computer be refrencing to be the gate used in the Omega Project?  It was then and there that Heat betted that Morgoth's plan was to rebuild the gate.  But do what with it?  Morgoth could be planning to send them into that...other place.  But the results...they'd be the same as before, wouldn't they?  It'd result in a number of even more superhumans.  And a good number of them would be mutated...Even though Heat had no physical mutations, he couldn't just let that slide.  He decided to find out just where the Church of Morgoth was, go there, and get the information he needed, unless Morgoth was there.  If he was there, there'd be no hesitating.  Demon or not, he'd be going straight to hell.

Sword

Heat: The church is at 65 Dusk Path. Take a left on Champions, then a right on Hope Drive and you'll be there.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 17, 2007, 08:49:24 AM
Heat: The church is at 65 Dusk Path. Take a left on Champions, then a right on Hope Drive and you'll be there.

"Thanks."  That old man had just given him the information he was looking for.  Some minutes later, Heat arrived at the church.  It looked like the common church on the outside.  But appearences can be deceiving. He went inside.  The size of the church was big, however, there was nobody inside.  "Morgoth?!  Come out, come out, wherever you are!  Or how about you just send out one of your grunts?!  I'll take good care of him!"

Dweomer Knight

I'll go into my stance and strike at the nearest zombie.  Hopefully that's the one that talked.  Undead shouldn't be so uppity.

DK

Sword

Heat: There's nobody here. The church is empty. As you turn to leave, a broadcast comes over the Hero band radio. "This is to report a break-in by some kind of demon thing at New Horizons Inc. He jsut left, with some kind of DNA Scanner."

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 17, 2007, 10:34:19 AM
Heat: There's nobody here. The church is empty. As you turn to leave, a broadcast comes over the Hero band radio. "This is to report a break-in by some kind of demon thing at New Horizons Inc. He just left, with some kind of DNA Scanner."

Morgoth.  Heat departed for New Horizens Inc., hoping that he'd meet Morgoth on the way there.  If he never did, he could possibly ask one of the people who was there the direction Morgoth took off in.

Sword

Umbral: You draw Ace 9 4 4 to the zombie's 6. Three points. Zombie One is axed. The rest of the zombies look at you, and shout "Get him!" Five Zombies remain.

Heat: When you get there, the carnage is evident. There's a huge hole in the wall and several security guards are lying on the ground. One of them shouts "He's gone!"

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 17, 2007, 11:06:15 AM
Heat: When you get there, the carnage is evident. There's a huge hole in the wall and several security guards are lying on the ground. One of them shouts "He's gone!"

Heat notices the guard who shouted, and quickly runs over to him.  "Who's gone, and where did he go?"

Lord Elcorion

Quote from: Sword on February 17, 2007, 05:28:33 AM
It's much easier to get to the med center than you think. Within minutes, Doctor Atomic is purging the poison from your bloodstream. The radio report comes in "Garrison and Bayonet have dealt with their opponents, who have been packed up for transit to the Island."
hearing the report, i nod with a bit of satisfaction. thanking dr. atomic for his help, i decide to make for home to rest for a bit, keeping an eye out for further trouble as i go, however.

Sword

Heat: the guard shakes his head. "The demon guy. He  said he was going to Genzano Dam."
Shadow: Nothing much happens, until you see a small army marching towards Genzano Dam led by one who looks like you. What might be going on?
(GM NOTE: What better way for PCs to meet than a "all a big misunderstanding" brawl)

Lord Elcorion

i'll alter course and investigate, looking to see if i can make out any Omegas in the army other than the demon leader. i know my powers are quite potent, but being swamped can get even the toughest omegas seriously hurt or even killed, and invulnerability was not amoung the powers i had been cursed with.

Dweomer Knight

I will continue to strike at the zombies.

How did you come up with 4 draws for my attack?  I assume 3 were from my skill but the fourth...is it not dark enough for me to use Umbra at full level?  Just wondering.

DK

Sword

Umbral:(I was factoring in three for incomplete darkness and one for the straight punch)
This time you draw 5 7 9 Queen to the now lead zombie's 4 King 3 7. Two successes, not enough. The zombie attempts to bind you. He draws 11 and 2, harming himslef in the backfire. Another Zombie rides the bus.
Shadow:
The procession is moving quick. A snap headcount suggest 250. moving under the cover of darkness. They are gone fairly soon, however, with only a few eyes looking in your direction.

Lord Elcorion

i'll follow them, trying to keep from attracting more attention while i formulate a course of action.. these guys can't mean well, and i intend to stop them if i can.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 17, 2007, 02:31:18 PM
Heat: the guard shakes his head. "The demon guy. He  said he was going to Genzano Dam."
(GM NOTE: What better way for PCs to meet than a "all a big misunderstanding" brawl)

Heat then found out where the place was from the guard, and quickly ran in that direction.  On the way there, a word popped into his mind.  Da**.  There was a small army, of roughly 250.  He notices a demon, near the army.  He looks similar to Morgoth, but not exactly like him.  Then again, who says that Morgoth couldn't have disguised his appearence?  Heat would just blast the livin bejeezus out of him, but that would alert the army.  Not even at full clone power coud he take on that many.  So, he stayed in the back, and followed the army, but not before turning his hands into magnums, just in case.

Dweomer Knight

(Crap.  I'm getting zombie goo all over my hands.  Michael Jackson just had to make that video and now every wannabe necro has to have zombies.)

I'll use Snake style and continue the attack.

DK

Sword

Umbral: After having forced two zombies to shuffle off the mortal coil again, the rest bolt.
(10 points for saving Faith's life)
As  you clean the goo off your hands, a rather large parade, led by a demon, passes you. There's another demon at the side of the march, and a guy with some heavy firepower in the back.

Uncle Yuan

I'm a little nervous that this Knightfire may burn herself loose, her recent lack of success to the contrary.  Or worse, she may start to take pot shots at me.  With a scowl I line the cloud of stones up and begin firing them, machine gun like, at her helmeted head.  The biggest ones are no larger than a finger tip, and I'm not moving them much faster than one might shoot them from a sling shot, but net effect of dozens of these missiles drumming her in the head should be plenty to knock her out, or at least stun her.

Dweomer Knight

(Zombies and demons within minutes of each other.  *sigh*  Daydreaming about Dawnstrider was so much more pleasant.)

Can I tell if the "parade" is heading in the direction of anything of importance?

In any case, I'll attempt to camoflage myself and follow from behind.

DK

Sword

Green:
2   5
2   7
12   14
(-3 to 2. Telekinetic Backlash to you. Five points to the head.-1 to all draws until combat ends. 3 turns remain until SAINT arrives.)
Every pebble you toss at her seems to be absorbed into her flames and melts away. Something around must be interfering with your ability. There's another one here somewhere. And what ever he's doing, it's harming you.
Once again, Knightfire tries to burn the vines. Once again the vines resist.  Though for how much longer is anyone's guess.

Umbral: The parade is headed towards the hydroelectric dam. You blend in and follow. The demon on the side of the pack noticed you stepping though.

Lord Elcorion

seeing the new guy slip in, i'll groan inwardly to myself, since i know we saw each other, and just hope he's on my side. this damn parade is gonna attract even more attention, and likely none of it good.. allright, that's it.. as soon as we're in a relativly clear area, i'm going to let loose a negative blast at the demon leader, since i thought i heard the name "morgoth" from a couple of the folks in the parade, and i know morgoth's demonic curse has truly consumed him, making him everything i wish not to be.

|