• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Twilight Corps RPG

Started by Sword, January 31, 2007, 07:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sword

I'm still looking for players to give Twilight Corps a whirl. I'll be the Storyteller for this game, I need at least three people to join the game.

The link! Please download the Word file and join the fun.

Interested:
Uncle Yuan
kkhohoho
carravaggio
Lord Elcorion
Dweomer Knight

If you've downloaded the rules, you can use this to roll up the draws. Just go to the bottom option and set it to 14 on the left and 5 on the right.

Uncle Yuan

I'm tentivtively interested, but the only comp I have access to until the weekend is blocking the link.  I'll give a look-see this weekend and get back in touch.

kkhohoho

Apparently, the word file is unavailible...

Sword

Drat. PM me your emails and I'll send it to you.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on January 31, 2007, 08:00:33 PM
Drat. PM me your emails and I'll send it to you.

Don't bother. It works now.  I'm reading the file right now, and what I've seen so far is pretty interesting.  As long as the game doesn't require shipping and is free, sign me up. :thumbup:

Sword

This is definitely free as of now... This is playtesting beta period. I've edited and revised the rules seven times now, and won't be completely satisfied until I hit fifteen edits and there's only negligible flaws left.

Captain Pluto

good story and mutations :thumbup:

Carravaggio

yeah, i'm keen to give this a go, put my name down.

Lord Elcorion

i'm up for giving it a whirl.

Sword

Those who are interested, you can create the characters for yourselves. The only thing I'm doing pregame is accepting or rejecting character sheets.

Dweomer Knight

I'm interested but I work and take night classes.  What kind of time commitment are we looking at here?

DK

Sword

If we can get one post per person per day, that'll be good.

Lord Elcorion

i'll have mine ready by monday night.

Dweomer Knight

It took me awhile to get the Word document to open; it kept coming up as goobledy-gunk.  I finally got it but it wasn't perfect so I'm still cleaning up the format a bit.

A few of questions:

When picking powers, are you required to take one power from each pool(card) drawn or can you take multiple from the same category?

For powers that give extra draws, like Umbrasynthetic, how often are you allowed to take those draws?  And how are they applied?  Do you pick the best card that you drew?  Do you get those extra draws on things like Hit Location?

What happens if you draw a Joker on the Hit Location?

How often do you reshuffle cards back into your hand; after every action result?

Do we PM the characters to you or is there an alternate location?

Thanks.

DK

Sword

in the order recieved:
1)When picking powers,you get one from each pool you draw. Thus Ace-2-3-4 could give any combination of powers, one from each. In order to gain more powers you need to draw more than one of the same card.Thus a draw of 3-3-3-7 would grant three powers from that pool, and one from the last.
2)Powers like Umbrasynthetic work that the GM(yours truly)has you keep the players informed of the time of day. Powers like Negative work any time. These are automatic, meaning when they're in play, you always get that bonus. You get to add however many successes you get from the bonus cards to your pool. Extra cards do not apply to hit location.
3)Though a juvenile part inside me demands that a hit location joker be a crotch shot, I'll instead say that a Joker on Hit Location prompts a redraw.
4) After every action, the cards need to be reshuffled. Though if you're using a random hand generator, or the dice roller set as previously mentioned, shuffling is not a concern.
5) PM me your character sheets.

trickshot

I think i would be interested to join i already got a char set up (and no not my trickshot guy but i do think he is going to be played by the GM later on)

Sword

Thus far, Dweomer Knight has presented Umbral and kkhohoho has given us Heat.

Lord Elcorion

been having network troubles at home, so i haven't been able to work on my charecter. i should be able to get him ready either tonight or tommorow.

Carravaggio

well, i pm'ed my character to sword this arvo, and i gotta say the random power generation led to a very fun half an hour of character creation. the joy is trying to fit the powers in with your character's archetype, for lack of a better word.
for example my first card saddled me with animal mutation (i hate anthromorphic characters) and my second card gave me magic! (BTW i hate magic in superhero comics!)
regardless i was able to come up with a fun character that i am thoroughly looking forward to playing, pending my cgaracter sheet getting approval.
Anyway i was so jazzed about this character that i decided to draw him!

The pull is that his webs are generated by his concepts of good and evil, essentially they only work against those he sees as evil in nature. Additionally, SOULSPIDER can drain the powers and knowledge from those trapped in his webs. Add to that his phenomenal reflexes, speed and strength, and he is a formidable, if somewhat green, hero!

Uncle Yuan

I've submitted my character!

Sword

Still waiting on Elcorion. But thus far the accepted character roster is
Heat from kkhohoho
Umbral from Dweomer Knight
SoulSpider from Carravaggio
and Green Man from Uncle Yuan.

Jokes in Sunset City are much different as a result.
"A walking Battleship, A darkforcer, and a spider walk into a bar and ask "Anybody seen our Ent?"
kidding.

Lord Elcorion

sorry for being so slow to get done.. but rest assured that i am working on my charecter as i write this post

Edit: done, and awaiting aproval

Sword

Approved. All Players thus far are approved.
It is currently 7:12 AM Eastern Time. By 8:30. I plan to have the basic adventure ready.

Sword

GAME ON!

Heat:
Sunset City has certainly changed in the days since the experiment. Well not everything. According to your sources, the heroes left the ruins of Omega Labs as one of two monuments to the whole mess. The other is a granite slab in Saint's Lake Cemetery with the names of the hundred victims who didn't make it back through the other side. You're here reading down the names for the one person who was your cell mate. It's right there under Francis Hammer. Robert Hooper, Aged 16. The day he walked through the gate, you were present, watching from the observation room facing the gate. It looked as if he might survive and then...the scream. It still haunts you to this day. It wasn't an animal scream like most of the victims, but rather a single word "MOM!" before his body was vaporised.
A part of you wonders why you even came back to this place. It's the cause of 100 families torn apart, and nightmares for whoever survived the gate. But, you do have Omega abilities and this city has the highest concentration of them. Who better to teach you to use your abilities?
As you get up to back in the city, your hair stands on end. White looks like a glowing suit of armor is walking towards the monument, holding a dozen white roses. He sets it at the base of the monument, and takes to the sky.
Something catches your eye in the dusk fall. Light glinting off a metallic object somewhere else inthe cemetery. Aren't most burials done during the day?

Green Man:
Nature is out of whack in this city. You're still getting the nutrients you need in the middle of Dusk Forest Park, but the connection is tenuous.This is because of the Omega Project. The effects of the experiment still echo back and forth across this city. How long will it be before all of nature finds itself affected by the Omega. There's no way this is the only lab location.
A man walks by with a radio earphone plugged in. He stops to look at you,shrugs and moves on. With all the omegas in Sunset City,you're just another face in the crowd.
A new sensation calls out to you. It's a negative emotion. Fire. Somewhere in the woods, someone is being reckless with fire. Possibly with fire-based powers. The little pond in the middle of the park is not responding. It seems to complain to you that the fire is not a normal one.
A voice "Don't try to resist Jess. Pendragon will have your powers today!" Followed by a heavy thud of flesh against flesh, and flesh against wood. The impact reverberates back to you, giving you a general idea where its happening. Due North of you, about seventy-five yards.

Shadow Demon:
Skyshine Towers gives you a wonderful view of the city. Your cat, Shadow is back at your apartment, waiting for your return. A radio broadcast starts nearby. "This is WTWI, broadcasting your update on the eights..." The radio is being played by an older man whose medical scrubs are glowing green. "Tonight seems to be a mostly peaceful night, no major brawls in progress. Our Eye in the sky has just reported that the Icthyosaur is acting up again in the river, scaring the bejabbers out of the prisoners on the island. King Nemo and Atlantis are on it. Also, there seems to be some issue on Champions Way. Dr Wyvern is busy throwing down with what looks like a giant zombie."
The update ends, leaving you to think about the situation. Can anyone really accept a demon as a hero? You've heard rumors that there are two angelic Omegas in the city. How will they respond to seeing you? Every hero has these doubts, but not every hero is a representative of the fourth circle.
Another message on the radio. "This is a paid message by Jennifer Libman." the voice changes to a rather beautiful one. "Last night, I was assaulted by a normal, non-powered crook. My phone was dead and I just screamed. Someone did come to my rescue. He was wearing a white trench coat, and moved with a cane, like he was blind. He grabbed my attacker by the throat and starting to disintegrate him. Five seconds in, with the goon begging for mercy, he threw him across the street. Just before leaving, he gave me his trench coat, saying it would be a cold night. By the time I got over the shock, he was gone. SAINT has told me his designation is Midas. If anyone has any information that will lead to me finding Midas, please call at..." Her phone number is mentioned twice. "I am offering a five hundred dollar reward for information leading to Midas."

Soulspider: Life is strange. No-one cares about your spidery side. They just want to know what you can do. Those webs within you are reaching out, trying to find the evil you know is around you. It's kind of hard to find evil in a bowling alley however.
There's a presence that just walked through the door. He's wearing what looks like SWAT gear, with a silver shield logo on the left breast. He spots you. "Hey, how would you like to help me out? There's a gang war going on in Dawn City and I was just looking for some backup. Name's Protector." He offers his hand. He seems sincere enough but something is tickling at the back of your mind. That infamous danger sense. He could be trying to trap you.

Umbral:
The sun has finally set. Soon your body will begin to absorb the darkness around you. You're just in the street, walking past a store called Sweet Tooth Station when a woman about 5'4 pokes her head out the door. "Hey, are you an Omega? I've got something you might want to try out. I improved my Jawbreaker grenade recipe and the first box is free." She opens the door, expecting you to walk in.

Dweomer Knight

It takes a few moments for Umbral to realise he's being addressed as he was thinking about Dawnstrider.  He ignores her question but will enter the shop without saying anything.

DK

kkhohoho

Heat decides that a shiny metal object mystiriously being in a cementary at night could lead to something not good, so, to be prepared in case something "unexpected" happens, he turns both his hands into handguns, (no pun intended.) before running in the direction the metal object is.

Uncle Yuan

I stick out my tongue at the man's back, before whirling towards the north and loping off through the trees.  As I do so I clear a path through the underbrush to both hasten my way and reduce the noise of my passage.  Simultaneously I start grabbing any small pebbles that I can find on the way - within  a relatively few strides I should be surrounded by a thick cloud of whirling stones (TK).

I should be able to get a good read on what's going on as I draw a little closer.  I adjust my pace to allow a few extra steps to analyze what's going on without having to slow down or even stop.

Lord Elcorion

Shadow demon thought for a moment.. that was quite a reward.. and the homeless shelter near his apartment could use that money to buy clothes and food for it's residents. mabe if he proved his good intentions via indirect actions, the other heros and residents of the city might accept him. but where to start? perhaps his enhanced sences would come in handy. but first,  his little kitten needed her food. he hefted the bag of cat food that he had managed to obtain through the help of an old blind friend and her son, and flew back to his apartment. then, after making sure that shadow-cat had her food and fresh water, he took off to go and try to find any leads he could to the where-abouts of midas, useing his enhanced sight and hearing to scan the city, all the while cloaked in a shroud of shadow summoned by his umbrakinetic power.

Sword

Heat: As you draw closer, you can see a demon of sorts desecrating a grave.He has several normal looking people around him, wearing gasmasks to block out the stench of death. He is blathering on about some great coming evolution. Judging by his shape, he is talking about revisiting the omega Procedure. Just wonderful.
"Keep digging, my children. One of these graves contains the power source we need to..." He spots you coming. "It seems the prohpesied interloper has arrived. Dispatch him, belvoed."
It's then you notice that most of them are armed with shovels and tasers.

Umbral: The woman takes you to the back of the candy store, into a room where a crashtest dummy is set up. "Ok, so my name's faith and I'm an omega like you. But I just make weapons grade candy." She's got a bubbly personality, kind of off-putting so you look around quickly. Six foot tall gummy bears march around the back of the store, rotating stock. Off in another corner, another gummy bear giant is testing what looks like a fruit rollup. stretched between two walls. Amazingly, it's holding up a fifty pound barbell.

She draws your attention back to the crash dummy. "OK, give these a try." She hands you the biggest jawbreaker you've  ever seen in your life. "Give it a lick and throw at the dummy."

Green man:
What you see is an armored centauress, whose body is glowing green from some kind of phosphorus fire. She is fighting a twelve year old girl with bronze and silver bangles on her wrist. She rushes at the girl, extending a twelve foot lance. The little girl catches the lance in her bare hand and judo throws the centauress, armor and all, into another tree.
"You can tell Pendragon to shove it. He created the Omegas. There's no way I'll ever work for him."

Shadow: You can hear many people talking about the woman's offer. It seems she is an heiress to one of the normal (read: non-super- creating) biotech firms in the city. but what puzzles you is the sound of someone saying "You failed. You had your chance to attack her, and you've failed." The voice is coming from an office just west of you.

kkhohoho

Prophisized?  This guy must be a loon. Heat thinks that to himself.  Then again, the appearence of the metal object did seem to be something that happened because it did.  Then again, the Omega Project also seemed to be something that happened because it did.  "Shovels?  Tasers?  Arn't you boy's packin' any heat?"  With that said, Heat attempts to duplicate himself.

Duplicate 3
Successes: 2

|