• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Twilight Corps RPG

Started by Sword, January 31, 2007, 07:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 22, 2007, 06:29:57 PM
Shadow:your strategy needs no changing. You, like the supernaturals, are fully capable of rational thought and the Morgothics are not.

(And...cutscene)

You all wake up the next morning tired and somewhat dizzy. The battle had gone on until midnight, when the major telepathic players joined forces for one shot at taking the morgothics out. They unleashed a psionic pulse that swept over the city, giving everyone a round trip ticket to slumberland. The pulse was carefully timed so that any morgothics in flight would descend slowly before passing out.

Heat, you wake up in a room at Skyshine towers. There's a whiteboard nearby with the number seven on it. Trickshot is looking down at you. "Morning sunshine. When you're feeling well enough, they want to see us at City Hall." Your gaze falls on the whiteboard. "That's right. you took out seven before the pulse."
(35 points for you)

Seven?  City Hall?  Ohhhh, my head...Okay, I think I've got it now.  Last night was a real doozy for Heat, and he imagined that it was the same for almost everyone.  Before going to City Hall, he decided to go back his his place.

It was a worn down abanoned apartment building that was passed by as the civilains went to their daily tasks, and the superbeings to theirs.  It was also Heat's current living quarters.  Having arrived only recently in Sunset City, he needed a place to stay for free, so when it was night the day he arrived and no one was around that area, he blew a hole in the back, big enough for him to get through, and Heat made his way in.  He was happy to find that no one messed with his stuff.  Time to go to City Hall, for whatever reason.  With that, Heat went over there.

Uncle Yuan

I dimly remember sagging to the ground in exhaustion as the fight ended.  One of my tree soldiers must have picked me up before the animation wore off.  I get the tree to set me on the ground, and muscles aching I stand.  I give a wave and a nod to my combat buddies  before striding over to the lake in the middle of the park.  Yes there's all sorts of crap in it, from dropped litter to lawn fertilizer run off, but I've been working steadily on cleaning it and it's tons better than before.  They've even been talking about reopening the swimming beach.  Without breaking stride I hit the lake and keep going until I'm floating, letting the water wash away the grime and aches.

At noon approaches I take a deep breath and head into the city, taking greenways and boulevards as much as possible.

Sword

(You can use points to purchase skills. However, they will not come so cheap as at character creation. New skills in game cost 30 times the level of the skill.)

There is a large gathering at City Hall. Morgothics and Omegas are mingling, finally getting a chance to apologize for last night. Mayor Patrick Gallagher calls for everyone's attention.
"Until last night, we believed no one would stupid enough to set off the Omega device again. We were wrong. It's an unfortunate thing, but as a result of his callous disregard for human life, the Omega known as Morgoth has been given 40 years with no chance of parole.
Those of you who now share his mutation, we welcome you to the city. You were part of this town before, and you still are. However, for the next five days, SAINT is requiring all Morgothics to register. There are two hundred omegas, and two hundred fifty Morgothics. In order to regain any standing in the city, those of you mutated by Morgoth need to have an officially registered Omega handler for the next five days.
We're sorry, but it must be this way. Since SAINT headquarters is too small currently to hold all of you, SAINT agents will be doing on-site registration at Fairground Fields. Thank you for your time."

Dweomer Knight

If this was during the work week I call in sick.  Mild case of food poisoning.

DK

Uncle Yuan

With a perplexed look I turn and begin walking back to the park.  Well that was . . . odd.  I'm not sure why they asked me to come half way across town to hear that.  I also wonder if he honestly believes all every single one of these guys are going to stick to the straight and narrow.  I rather think not many of them actually will.

Sword

Before either of you can leave, a morgothic walks up to you, apologizing.
"Sorry about that whole mess last night. Listen, your name and mine came up in a random draw lottery. I'm supposed to stick with you until five days is up. Kind of a probation officer thing."

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 25, 2007, 04:40:08 AM
"Sorry about that whole mess last night. Listen, your name and mine came up in a random draw lottery. I'm supposed to stick with you until five days is up. Kind of a probation officer thing."

OOC: Do we each get a Morgothic for 5 days?

Uncle Yuan

What the fa--?!!  I didn't sign up to be their baby sitter!!  I didn't sign up to be their anything!! My anger at their presumption wars briefly with my apathy and the apathy wins.  Sort of.  I take a long, silent look at the demon.  I have no idea how old he is, but sounds even younger than me.  And the last few weeks seemed to have aged me.  But this whole set-up pisses me off royally.

"All right, kid.  It hurts for me to talk, so this is going to be my one and only speach.  I didn't sign up to do this, and I don't particularly want to do this.  In fact, I think it's a bad idea.  I have no idea what the mayor is up to, but if I were in charge I'd lock every last one of you idiots in a metal box deep underground and let the telepaths rip at your brain until you couldn't even step on an ant without puking.  The way I see it some demon looking like every kind of evil from every story ever told rolled up to you and said, 'Hey, Scooter!  I'm going to create Hell on Earth, and I want you to be a captain in my army!' and you said, 'Sign me up, chief.'  So I don't buy the 'gee-whiz-sorry-routine' for a second.  You're still the same effed up idiot you were yesterday when you stepped into that booth.  So follow me around if you like, but understand this:  If you so much as put one toe out of line I will bring you down so fast, and so hard, you will think that metal box underground sounds like a good idea."

Without waiting around for a reply I stomp over to the nearest SAINT representative.  "Look sister, I don't know where you and you're precious mayor get off saddling me with some junior world conquerer without even so much as even a please and thank you.  But if you do it, or anything like it, without asking me again, I'm gonna send your puppy back to you in a *very* small wooden box!"

And without waiting for a reply from her either, I walk briskly back to the park.  If Scooter decides to follow me, fine.

Sword

(you all get a morgothic.)

Green: "Scooter" walks up to you and spins you around to face him. "Thanks for being so blunt. Now listen to me. Were you one of the lucky ones who DIDN'T suffer because of the Original Omega Gate? If so I'll ask to be reassigned. But tell me that you didn't hear those screams, that your heart didn't drop to your knees every time some poor soul failed to make it through and I'll scream for you. Those were your acquaintances and friends who got atomized. And now, we've been through the same thing. Except for you, it was a 1 in 3 shot. For me and my brothers and sisters here, it was a one in ten! I helped take the headcount last night. I'm the one who saw 2500 walk into the dam and only 250 come out. I'm going to have to live with their screams for the rest of my life because it happened all at once, Not one a day, as it was for you."
He turns his back to you. "I understand your aggression. I was lied to and I was fool for believing it.
I want nothing more than to see Morgoth suffer. All of us do. But first, we want to be treated with respect. That is gonna take time."
He takes a deep breath. "Those of us on the five day plan are lucky. We have a chance to earn the respect. But there are those of us who were still into Morgoth's lies by dawn and were violent as a result. 15 years in a supers prison is no way to live."
Another breath, and assuming you haven't left. "I don't want to be treated like a pet or a parolee either. But for now, that's what I gotta do, to get back in good graces."
He turns back towards you and offers his hand. "Last night, things started bad and got worse. My name's Caleb Marcell, and I want to openly apologize for the things I did. If you can't accept this, I'll go get reassigned. But you will too."

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Sword on February 25, 2007, 10:03:14 AM
(you all get a morgothic.)

Green: "Scooter" walks up to you and spins you around to face him. "Thanks for being so blunt. Now listen to me. Were you one of the lucky ones who DIDN'T suffer because of the Original Omega Gate? If so I'll ask to be reassigned. But tell me that you didn't hear those screams, that your heart didn't drop to your knees every time some poor soul failed to make it through and I'll scream for you. Those were your acquaintances and friends who got atomized. And now, we've been through the same thing. Except for you, it was a 1 in 3 shot. For me and my brothers and sisters here, it was a one in ten! I helped take the headcount last night. I'm the one who saw 2500 walk into the dam and only 250 come out. I'm going to have to live with their screams for the rest of my life because it happened all at once, Not one a day, as it was for you."
He turns his back to you. "I understand your aggression. I was lied to and I was fool for believing it.
I want nothing more than to see Morgoth suffer. All of us do. But first, we want to be treated with respect. That is gonna take time."
He takes a deep breath. "Those of us on the five day plan are lucky. We have a chance to earn the respect. But there are those of us who were still into Morgoth's lies by dawn and were violent as a result. 15 years in a supers prison is no way to live."
Another breath, and assuming you haven't left. "I don't want to be treated like a pet or a parolee either. But for now, that's what I gotta do, to get back in good graces."
He turns back towards you and offers his hand. "Last night, things started bad and got worse. My name's Caleb Marcell, and I want to openly apologize for the things I did. If you can't accept this, I'll go get reassigned. But you will too."

I scowl at him and his out stretched hand for a moment.  Without taking it, I shrug and say in a somewhat softer voice, "Talk is cheap.  But c'mon if you're gonna.  Although Gaia knows what I'm supposed to do with you."  I turn and head back to the park, although with a somewhat more relaxed gait.

Sword

Caleb answers "You're a hero. the government wants to show that heroes care about people. Aside from that, no clue."
(GM needs time to come up with something. Whatever it is, It has Pen at the beginning, Gon at the end, and Dra somewhere in the middle)

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 25, 2007, 04:40:08 AM

"...You're serious?".  Heats say the question as though it were a sentence.  "Yeah.",  Says the Morgothic.  "......You can follow me, but make no mistake.  I beat 7 of you last night, and I can take you down just the same.  Stirke 1, and you're out.  Now before you think I'm some cruel, heartless bas****who doesn't give a da** about people who experinced the Omega Project, listen to this story.  Back during the project, my only freind was turned into a freak of nature.  Quite literally, actually.  Vines and blobs of swamp goo were coming right out him, and after it was finished, all that was left was a skeleton.  Me, all I got was powers.  That, and the guilt of not being able to do anything to stop my freind from dying.  I'm only being hard on you because I'm not sure if you're still crazed or if you're sane.  Anyways, I'm going over to my place.  If you want to follow, then come along.   Just don't tell anyone where my place is, and make sure no one sees you go in."

Lord Elcorion

shadow looks upon his assignment as a way to help redeem not only his own evil ((in his eyes)) but also to help another lost soul escape Hell's clutches. he'll take his charge, ((hope ya don't mind if we pick a name)) Vicky Danson, and enter into a sensei/student type relationship, ala Karate Kid, remembering his martial arts training and the dojo he had once dreamed of opening.

Sword

Heat, your assignment is Gabriel Mark. He's kind of desperate to show off his powers, but he waves you off.
"I still own a house here. Why don't you stop by? I'll get a guest room ready?" The look from a SAINT Agent tell you they haven't forgotten either.

Gabriel doesn't seem bothered by your threats.It's as if he knows something you don't.

Shadow: Vicky is looking you up and down, and making some obvious visual comparisons. But as she looks into your eyes, some kind of link is made. She's a telepath, looking past your outer appearance to the soul underneath. And in making this gesture, she hopes you'll do the same for her. She breaks contact and mouths the word "hope"

Green: Caleb does follow you into the park, where he takes up residence on a park bench. For the moment, he's still getting used to this.

Elsewhere though:
A man in a funky purple cloak stands before a centaur, a giant scarab beetle and a shadow. "It seems someone else has followed in my footsteps. Get the group together and bring me as many as you can. They will be mine."

Lord Elcorion

Quote from: Sword on February 25, 2007, 05:43:45 PM
Shadow: Vicky is looking you up and down, and making some obvious visual comparisons. But as she looks into your eyes, some kind of link is made. She's a telepath, looking past your outer appearance to the soul underneath. And in making this gesture, she hopes you'll do the same for her. She breaks contact and mouths the word "hope"

shadow nods softly, and offers his hand "we'll get through this together. come, we'll go by my apartment first, and then work on a plan for what to do for the next five days." with that, i will lead vicky to my apartment, introduce her to the cat, and show her around the rather plain, spartan living space.

Sword

SoulSpider: Much like anyone else, you've been assigned to keep watch of a Morgothic. Despite the fact that they look demons, most of them have good hearts.
When you see the charge you've been given, your heart breaks. He's only eleven years old. What could have happened to this kid?

Carravaggio

"Oh man, i'm so not ready for this! I mean...i barely have my own life under control. How the heck am I expected to help anyone deal with this?" Soulspider scratches his head through his mask and sighs. The kid is looking straight at him, like he is, well, a bug.
"This little guy has been given a rougher deal than me, at least i look normal with my mask off. The last thing he needs is to be shoved into my crazy world. He needs some normalcy..."
Soulspider hesitates, then pulls his mask up, showing the kid a big harmless grin. "Hey buddy, whats your name? I'm Wesley, call me Wes...y'know if you want."
The demonic looking child continues to stare wide-eyed. Wesley looks about uncomfortably before crouching down to eye level with the youth.
"Hey, check it out, you're not the only one who is different." Wesley exercises unique muscles in his upper gums, extruding his fang-like canines. His grin takes a fearsome turn, but it seems to calm the child rather than frighten him.
"Pretty cool, huh?" Wesley says lamely. "i'm like you, only you got even more cool stuff on you than I do, you sure are lucky!"
The kid looks at him sardonically.
"Uh, so...you like bowling, champ? I work at this great bowling alley, and me and my friends can play for are free. Since we are going to be hanging out for the next few days, we might as well be friends. Don't worry i'll supply the shoes." The fearsome looking child grins and nods. Soulspider starts off down the street, the youth in tow.
"Hey, you never told me your name kid. i told you mine. Who are you anyway?"

Dweomer Knight

(Five days?!?!?  I can't take this guy to work with me!)

To my Morgothic: "Uh, hi.  Well, er...despite being an Omega I prefer to fly "under the radar" as it were and I don't like drawing attention to myself.  No offense, but you're going to make that really tough."

I'm going to see if Faith needs any helpers in her Candy Store.

DK

Sword

Shadow: Vicky is ok with your living space. In fact, she lives  two floors underneath you, so she's familiar.
Spider: The kid looks at you, and says "Benny. Please don't call anyone. I ran away from home and when I saw the parade..."
Umbral: Faith is looking for extra help always, and gladly takes in your Morgothic. Before leaving, she makes you promise to come back in three days.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 25, 2007, 05:43:45 PM
Heat, your assignment is Gabriel Mark. He's kind of desperate to show off his powers, but he waves you off.
"I still own a house here. Why don't you stop by? I'll get a guest room ready?" The look from a SAINT Agent tell you they haven't forgotten either.

Gabriel doesn't seem bothered by your threats.It's as if he knows something you don't.

What is he hiding?  "...Fine.  I'll come over to your place.  I don't have anything better to do.", says Heat, who wants to know for sure if something's going on.

Uncle Yuan

After the last couple of days there's a lot of work that needs to be done at the park.  I can handle a lot of the re-landscaping and putting the trees back to right, finding something for Caleb to do is a little trickier.  I'll start him on clearing debris, picking up trash and running off the teenagers who congregate in the dark corners to do drugs and harrass joggers.  It's the getting him to understand this without talking that's the trick.  Man, anymore these days I prefer it when I'm alone . . .

Sword

Green Caleb starts swirling the trash on the ground into nearby bins with telekinesis. Where you tell him to go, he goes and pretty soon a sizable portion of the park is trash-free. Caleb's ok with it but everything grinds to a halt when he walks up.
6'2. Lizardlike. A blue fin on his back that goes up and down with every breath. He's also wearing a priest's collar, not that it matters. When he see Caleb, he starts railing against him. "You are a spawn of hell, and shall return to your home. Foul Spirit I cast thee out!"

Though it seems just a superwhacko, the guy tries to grapple Caleb causing Caleb's flesh to flay off. With a simple telekinetic shove, Caleb gets the whackjobs hand's off.
He gives you a look that says "Please let me maim him?"

Heat: Gabe is a pretty well kept guy when you arrive at his place. Nice living area, with a pool out back a billiards table and widescreen tv in the living room(at opposite sides) and his house seems feng shui.

He's over by the fridge, getting some drinks. "I got Jolt, Jagermeister, Tequila and Sake. I'm gonna try not to get drunk, because the last time I did, I joined Morgoth's parade last night."

Well that's a weird admission. How many others were like this?

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 26, 2007, 06:40:18 PM
Heat: Gabe is a pretty well kept guy when you arrive at his place. Nice living area, with a pool out back a billiards table and widescreen tv in the living room(at opposite sides) and his house seems feng shui.

He's over by the fridge, getting some drinks. "I got Jolt, Jagermeister, Tequila and Sake. I'm gonna try not to get drunk, because the last time I did, I joined Morgoth's parade last night."

Well that's a weird admission. How many others were like this?

This guy seems like a hippie.  But there's something else about him.  Hey, Gabe.  Before you got turned into a Morgothic, did we meet each other someplace else before?  I'm asking because you're being quite freindly to me."

Sword

Gabe stops for a moment and looks up.
"Well assuming you're Quincy Harker, then yes. If you are him, I was the Fed called into deal with your wife's case. Operative phrase "was." I was out there looking for anything I could do to prove someone else did it, but all the evidence piled against me. And then another case came across my desk. A whole family reunion gunned down and only one old man and a bunch of kids were left. yet by the time we arrived, the whole area had been cleaned up."

"Man, you must think I'm a strange guy. There's a whole bunch of other feds who want to see you punished. But after that gate thing... I think you've suffered enough."

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 26, 2007, 08:53:14 PM
Gabe stops for a moment and looks up.
"Well assuming you're Quincy Harker, then yes. If you are him, I was the Fed called into deal with your wife's case. Operative phrase "was." I was out there looking for anything I could do to prove someone else did it, but all the evidence piled against me. And then another case came across my desk. A whole family reunion gunned down and only one old man and a bunch of kids were left. yet by the time we arrived, the whole area had been cleaned up."

"Man, you must think I'm a strange guy. There's a whole bunch of other feds who want to see you punished. But after that gate thing... I think you've suffered enough."

"...Quincy Harker...That's a name I haven't used in a long time...My dad was into comic books.  There was this one series he read as a kid called "Tomb of Dracula" published by "Mega Comics."  A character in that book was called Quincy Harker.  Coincendently, my last name is Harker.  So, he named me Quincy."  Heat decided it's time to stop the small talk, and get to buisness.  "...I'm glad you arn't turning me in.  But you know, you must have a good eye. I didn't grow my hair long, and buy a pair of sunglasses and this brown trenchcoat for nothin'."  "Well," says the Morgothic, "I wouldn't have suggested you were Quincy unless I was able to make you out.  It was vague, but I was able to tell that you were likely Quincy."  "Good job." says Heat, sarcasticly of course.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Sword on February 26, 2007, 06:40:18 PM
Green Caleb starts swirling the trash on the ground into nearby bins with telekinesis. Where you tell him to go, he goes and pretty soon a sizable portion of the park is trash-free. Caleb's ok with it but everything grinds to a halt when he walks up.
6'2. Lizardlike. A blue fin on his back that goes up and down with every breath. He's also wearing a priest's collar, not that it matters. When he see Caleb, he starts railing against him. "You are a spawn of hell, and shall return to your home. Foul Spirit I cast thee out!"

Though it seems just a superwhacko, the guy tries to grapple Caleb causing Caleb's flesh to flay off. With a simple telekinetic shove, Caleb gets the whackjobs hand's off.
He gives you a look that says "Please let me maim him?"

::Sigh:  If he doesn't go for Caleb, I imagine he won't go for me either.  Best end this as painlessly as I can.  The last thing Caleb needs right now is a black mark.  He's shown admirable restraint thus far . . .  I give Caleb a small shake of my head.  I summon a dense wall of tree roots around the priest, and use them to grab him and pull him away from Caleb.  Once they're separated I will create a "conveyor belt" of such roots to walk the priest crowd surfing stylle to the edge of the park.  Once I have him there I will set him gently on the ground.  I'll keep an "eye" on him and if he attempts to reenter the park I will block him with a wall of vegitation.

Sword

(OK Fair enough. Terrain Stunt Succeeds. 30 points.)
You can hear him shouting at you as he leaves. But whatever he has to say is not important anyway. You and Caleb spend the rest of the day beautifying the park. safe from that threat.

Heat: Gabe offers you a drink. "Forget it man."

Both of you: You hear a canned laugh track. Neither of you has a television nearby. Whatever confusion you might have had fades as you see a man before you in a garish suit.

"I am Smiling Jack and you four are the latest contestants on 'You Bet the World'. The only way to win, is to save the day!"

You are teleported into what looks like a funhouse. "Ready or not, it doesn't matter. The game is afoot!"

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 27, 2007, 05:26:47 PM
(OK Fair enough. Terrain Stunt Succeeds. 30 points.)
You can hear him shouting at you as he leaves. But whatever he has to say is not important anyway. You and Caleb spend the rest of the day beautifying the park. safe from that threat.

Heat: Gabe offers you a drink. "Forget it man."

Both of you: You hear a canned laugh track. Neither of you has a television nearby. Whatever confusion you might have had fades as you see a man before you in a garish suit.

"I am Smiling Jack and you four are the latest contestants on 'You Bet the World'. The only way to win, is to save the day!"

You are teleported into what looks like a funhouse. "Ready or not, it doesn't matter. The game is afoot!"

The area looked like something out of his dad's old comicbooks.  If he remembered correctly, what it looked like was "Murderworld", or something like that.  "Hey, Gabe."  "Yeah man."  "I think what the guy who just kidnapped us meant was 'Survive a bunch of traps disguised as amusement park rides.' "  "Really?"  "I'm not entirely sure, but it's my best bet right now.  Just remember to use your new powers, or you might not make it out alive."  "Gabe then sports a look of uncertainty.  A faint noise then comes from the left.  Whatever it is, thinks Heat, it's probally not good.

Sword

Smiling Jack appears on a elevated platform before you. "Amusement Park? You wound me!  This is a gameshow of epic proportions. Here are the rules.
Up ahead you will find rooms laden with traps and citizens in danger. Whichever team of two rescues five citizens first, wins. However, the only prize for the winners is to reappear on the next show against a different bunch. So to win is to lose and to lose is to win. But those who lose, also lose the chance to save the citizens.If no winner is decided within two hours, then you can choose to go all or nothing against me in a fight. But not before."

A box appears before you, bouncing down from the ceiling. "Confer with your teammates... You get to choose one key out of ten to start. This key will take you into the first one of any of these rooms." Behind him a curtain is raised and you see ten doors of differing size and color appear. "Since you are just starting, there is no trickery here. The key you choose will automatically fly towards the door it is meant to unlock. Once you complete a challenge, you will be given another key. At that point, more rules shall be explained. And remember, all of sunset city is watching you. Say hi to the fans at home."

Three large screens appear and you can see people looking up at you from all of them. As if prodded, they start chanting for you to pick different keys.

Spider,Umbral and Shadow: You and your morgothics are watching the show wherever you are. You hope those guys can make this work out.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Sword on February 27, 2007, 07:25:59 PM
Smiling Jack appears on a elevated platform before you. "Amusement Park? You wound me!  This is a gameshow of epic proportions. Here are the rules.
Up ahead you will find rooms laden with traps and citizens in danger. Whichever team of two rescues five citizens first, wins. However, the only prize for the winners is to reappear on the next show against a different bunch. So to win is to lose and to lose is to win. But those who lose, also lose the chance to save the citizens.If no winner is decided within two hours, then you can choose to go all or nothing against me in a fight. But not before."

A box appears before you, bouncing down from the ceiling. "Confer with your teammates... You get to choose one key out of ten to start. This key will take you into the first one of any of these rooms." Behind him a curtain is raised and you see ten doors of differing size and color appear. "Since you are just starting, there is no trickery here. The key you choose will automatically fly towards the door it is meant to unlock. Once you complete a challenge, you will be given another key. At that point, more rules shall be explained. And remember, all of sunset city is watching you. Say hi to the fans at home."

Three large screens appear and you can see people looking up at you from all of them. As if prodded, they start chanting for you to pick different keys.

Spider,Umbral and Shadow: You and your morgothics are watching the show wherever you are. You hope those guys can make this work out.

"Gabe."  Heat whispers to his apparent teammate.  "Yeah?"  "Let's pretend to play.  We'll stop the other teams from winning, so we can fight this guy in a fair fight, not a fight controlled by him, and put a stop to this whole thing.  He's endangering both ordinary people and Omegas."  "Agreed".  With that said, Heat picks a key at random.

|