News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Out of memory error

Started by DimLab, April 09, 2024, 07:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DimLab

Hello everyone, can anyone help with a memory-related problem? I'm using the ffx mod and when my list of custom characters reached 175, the game started throwing an Out of memory error and I do not know how to solve it.

BentonGrey

I haven't encountered that, but I have a vague memory (no pun intended), of there being a limit to how many custom characters you could have at one time before running into issues.  What I'd suggest is to try putting, like, 20 or 40 characters in another folder and testing to see if it runs properly.  If so, you may just have to have a couple folders you shift between.  I seem to remember that being the solution.  Maybe Cyber Burn talked about it back in the day?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

DimLab

I found the reason for this error, it turned out to be one herofile, and as I deleted it, I had 174 files, but even when I deleted all the herofiles and left this one, the game still crashed with an error

oktokels

Quote from: DimLab on April 10, 2024, 06:06:37 AMI found the reason for this error, it turned out to be one herofile, and as I deleted it, I had 174 files, but even when I deleted all the herofiles and left this one, the game still crashed with an error
Were you able to find the error in the hero file? Just curious  :ph34r: