Can a mesh be reverse converted from FFvTR back to FF?

Started by captchaossega, September 28, 2023, 08:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captchaossega

Hey there all.

Just curious if it's possible to reverse convert a mesh from FFvTTR back to the first Freedom Force. Was given a cool mesh but it only works properly in FFvTTR and would like to get it working in the first FF. I think EZ Hero only does from FF1 to FFvTTR.

Capt C.

Randomdays

Hi!

Just dropping in for a moment here.

About the only way I know it can be done would in in Blender where you would export the mesh out as a FF1 Mesh. A problem that might happen after though id that the mesh might no longer work if its kf file is for FF2 only. If so, the mesh would have to be re-rigged to a FF1 kf also, instead of just simply exporting it out.

bearded

Yes. I can do it, but it's been a while. And it can only use  :ff: keyframes.

SickAlice

If it's any of mine especially after a certain year there is good chance it can't be converted. I mean you can convert it but it won't work with  :ff: . The reason is  :ff: has some incomplete features which I chose to use  :ffvstr:. Namely the Alpha channels and Stencil functions are disabled in  :ff: . No idea why that was never patched but you end up with "white blobs". Aside keyframe manipulation being a bit more friendly in  :ffvstr: for people using Nifskope and other free programs. But because of my Alpha Settings which I use often a lot of them won't display properly  :ff: even if you convert them because they aren't made for that engine.

I don't know if this actually works since I don't have  :ff: but when you convert  :ffvstr: nifs and keyframes with Alex's Hero Tool usually it will spit out new nifs and keyframes labelled  :ff: