News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Need Help With Marvel Adventures Mod

Started by SpecterFan, December 16, 2022, 04:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpecterFan

Hi people,

I'm trying to get my laptop up to snuff where both FF and FFv3R mods are concerned. I bought a new laptop specifically so I would be able to run Win 10.

Right now I'm trying to get Marvel Adventures to launch. I downloaded version 2.4 from the ModDB; it's installed at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\MA". My problem is - every time I try to launch MA, I receive an error message - "No CD-ROM drive found." This laptop has no CD-ROM drive. I had to buy an external CD-ROM drive and plug it in. This results in - "No disc inserted."

Anybody have any suggestions?

WyldFyre

I'm not sure about this. Are you running the Steam or GoG version?

It may be looking for the original FF disk (although it shouldn't). I have most mods installed (for the museum) so I'll see what happens when I try to run it and get back to you.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

SpecterFan

I tried the Steam and GOG versions but had NO luck. I downloaded the "off-line installers" for both FF and FFv3R ; FF is installed under/at C:\GOG Games\Freedom Force. FFv3R is under/at          C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich. Both will launch and run from these locations. Mods for FF are located in the FF folder and SEEM TO RUN - SO FAR.

I DO have the disc for FFv3R but I could not install or run from it. MA is installed under/at C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ma.

I just wanted to update my post:

I'm finding that I can't get ANY mods for FFv3R to work at all. I seem to be having some sort of problem getting my short-cuts to work correctly. It bothers me most with the Marvel Adventures mod because I've been looking forward to it the most. I'm feeling so frustrated that out of desperation I uninstalled FFv3R from its current location and re-installed it in in the GOG folder - didn't do any good. I am seriously running out of steam.

HELP.....

WyldFyre

Okay, so you mean Benton's Mod. That's where I was confused. I haven't had any issues running it so far.

If you are using a shortcut, is it pointed to the right directory and does it have the " -game MA -log" at the end? If so, you can look at the log file for any errors.

I can start it fine and I have the GoG version in the same directory structure for ffvttr as you do.

It looks like you have it installed correctly, so I might try a re-install just to see if something changed.
For Freedom!

SpecterFan

I have "-game MA -log" at the end of the short-cut. I modified my previous post before I saw your post. Check that. I'm in the dark where this log file is concerned.

WyldFyre

Okay. One more thing I can think of right now. Do you have FFX3 installed? Most of the modders used FFX and if it isn't installed, they may not run correctly or at all.

After that, if MA is in the FFvtTR directory, check that the shortcut is pointing to the .exe correctly.

I'll try to take some screenshots of my directory structure and post them just in case.

I know that when I try to start the MA mod using Benton's exe files, I have to run them from the MA directory. If I try to move the exe files they won't work.

I think the log file is in the FFvtTR directory called script.log. It opens with any txt file editor.
For Freedom!

Epimethee

Quote from: WyldFyre on December 18, 2022, 12:07:24 AM
Okay. One more thing I can think of right now. Do you have FFX3 installed? Most of the modders used FFX and if it isn't installed, they may not run correctly or at all.
IIRC, that's true for FF, but for FFvsTTR, if the mod uses FFX, it's going to be included in the mod itself.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

SpecterFan

Good News (for me, anyway)!     
I can get MA to launch now  :thumbup: but none of the shortcuts for any of the campaigns have appeared.  :blink: I end up trying to launch them via Windows Explorer. I have the distinct feeling this is wrong.     However, the Fantastic Four and Iron Man campaigns will not launch - instead I get the following error message:
Created with Unlicensed Compiler
This program was made with an Unlicensed Compiler.
Please buy the PRO version to distribute your EXE.
What now?  :doh:

WyldFyre

I got this message when I tried to launch them outside the MA folder. If I open file explorer and click them from within the MA folder, they seem to work fine. I haven't tried creating a shortcut to them to see if that works.

edit: Okay I created shortcut to the .exe files and moved them to a different folder. You can start them from anywhere using a shortcut.
For Freedom!