I'm back, with more mesh/skin questions

Started by jackhart1967, April 11, 2022, 08:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackhart1967

Hi folks, I inserted Courtnall6's Falcon_Modern mesh (it's a hexed nif file) & the silhouette shows in the character screen, but at least half of the skin itself is black & white, while the rest of the skin is visible. I've had trouble with hexed nif's before & I can't figure out how to fix this one. Suggestions? 

oktokels

Not 100% sure about it, but it sounds like a problem with the lightmap texture. I was once able to fix the black/white issue by copying a lightmap texture from another mesh and pasting it into the skin folder of the mesh that was giving me trouble.

jackhart1967

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead & tried that & they (there are three of them) are all still not working. I'll keep messing with them. I'd love to get them working from what I can see (that's not whited out) they look awesome. On another note, I tried to download some stuff off of your mega site today & I got files that I can't open. Suggestions? 

detourne_me

Quote from: oktokels on April 13, 2022, 12:13:46 AM
What file(s)? A .rar?
it's a compressed file like .zip
Try downloading 7zip, it's probably the best program for zipping/unzipping and it can open so many formats.

jackhart1967

Yeah, this is an older computer which is why I started playtin FFvt3R again anyway. Had zip7 on the one I had been using, guess I just didn't notice I didn't have it on this one. Now I do. Thanks guys.

oktokels

Oh, i use Winrar to compress/decompress files. Hope it works now, any problem just message me.  :thumbup: