News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Height Comparison

Started by oktokels, March 02, 2022, 02:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oktokels

I have noticed that some meshes have the wrong height. I have a wonder woman who is taller than superman and a batman who is very short. I've been trying to regulate this problem, but it's very troublesome because every time I change the height in nifskope, I have to go into the game to check if it's the correct height. Is there a way to get the measurements of the game to try to convert feets into pixels or something like that? maybe obtain the measurements of an object and then use that to compare all the others? Any idea will be helpful.  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Hmm, interesting question, OK.  There isn't a way as far as I know, but I've certainly wrestled with this myself.  If anyone figures out a shortcut, I'll certainly be interested.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

What I do is I made a stripped down male_basic_boots and got rid of everything but the mesh itself - no armature, bounding boxes, etc. I renamed him 'doorman" for no good reason really.

When I import a mesh from another system - a character, building, or whatever, in Blender, I bring in doorman and use him for sizing. Once everything looks correct I delete him and go back to working on the import.

I went through some examples on my "meshing and skinning part 2" thread with some pics.

I'm thinking you could do the same in nifskope - bring in a stripped down mesh, size up your mesh to match - usually best to use the root or the armature instead of the mesh of course, and then delete your "doorman" mesh.

cranlox

I match up the size in nifskope by eye stopping each character in the game in rumbleroom everyone in relation to the size of Superman_Ren.
I never knew any other way luckily many creators are so careful that they work with a very correct scale.

oktokels

Thanks for the help guys, i'll try your suggestions.  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Epimethee

Many older meshes have this issue, as they were done by hex editing the source file (with sometimes mind-boggling cool results, given how hard and limited that is), without the benefit of Nifskope. So changing the apparent height wasn't always done in the kosher way.

Since there's no built-in way to get height, I did a script (with Dr. Mike, Kuertee and Stumpy) to detect it. Your FFX3/Mission/scripts folder probably contains a file named heightcheckdata.py. If you open it in Notepad, you'll get the heights of built-in characters and objects. You can run the script yourself to add your various characters; cf. the FFX manual, under Mod-Making > Other Modules > HeightCheck.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

oktokels

Quote from: Epimethee on March 06, 2022, 10:56:12 PMSince there's no built-in way to get height, I did a script (with Dr. Mike, Kuertee and Stumpy) to detect it. Your FFX3/Mission/scripts folder probably contains a file named heightcheckdata.py. If you open it in Notepad, you'll get the heights of built-in characters and objects. You can run the script yourself to add your various characters; cf. the FFX manual, under Mod-Making > Other Modules > HeightCheck.

Wonderful !! Great info as always, Epi  :thumbup:

oktokels

Just found this beautiful scale made by Panoramac.