News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Prestige Levels

Started by BentonGrey, May 08, 2020, 10:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, does anyone happen to have the various levels of prestige from FF written down anywhere?  Like, the written descriptions that accompany prestige levels, whether you're famous, beloved, etc?  I want to adopt the mechanic for my superhero RPG I'm running, but I don't remember them all that well and dont' know quite where to look it up.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Panther_Gunn

I would have thought that would have been in a file somewhere, the most likely place would have been strings.txt, but it's not there, or any of the others in the Lang folder (at least, not my backed up files).

If I get some time after the minion has finally gone into recharge-mode, I'll see if I can fire up my FF computer & look through some more, maybe even digging into save files if I have to (but I expect them to be all full of End of Time saves).
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Panther_Gunn

Well, I could have saved myself a bit of time if I had done a search with a term that was useful.  It is indeed in the strings.txt, but the word "prestige" is not attached to the level titles at all.  So, here's the titles & levels:

CAMPAIGN_RATING_9_01, savior of the universe
CAMPAIGN_RATING_8_01, champion of earth
CAMPAIGN_RATING_7_01, hero of patriot city
CAMPAIGN_RATING_6_01, symbol of hope
CAMPAIGN_RATING_5_01, paragon of justice
CAMPAIGN_RATING_4_01, guardian
CAMPAIGN_RATING_3_01, defender
CAMPAIGN_RATING_2_01, peacekeeper
CAMPAIGN_RATING_1_01, vigilante
CAMPAIGN_RATING_0_01, do-gooder
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

BentonGrey

PG, you're awesome!  Thanks so much for chasing this down for me.  I had several of the same ideas you did, but I didn't come up with a useful search term.  Nicely done!  Thanks, this will be great for my game!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/