Can you overpower attacks in FFv3R?

Started by Lt. Vulture, March 01, 2020, 01:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lt. Vulture

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find an answer via a search.  Can you no longer "power-up" or "overpower" your attacks in FFv3R?  You used to be able to right click on a power and goose the level up, or even max it out, and that seems to no longer be an option in FFv3R?

Again, sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm just getting back into all this after 10 years.....

BentonGrey

Howdy Lt. Vulture, and no worries!  Ten years is a long time to remember the vagaries of a game's controls.  :)  Yes, you CAN still overpower attacks, but not quite the same way you could in  :ff:.  Man, I miss the energy system and controls from that game.

You just hit CTRL, and you'll find your cursor will go red to show that you are overpowering.  It costs one energy extra (if you're using FFX, it will be subdivided a bit), and it can stun your character, as in the first game.  However, you no longer have the option to hit "C" for continuous power usage.  The only powers that will auto-fire are no-cost powers.

I hope that helps!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Lt. Vulture

Oh, ok thanks for the info!  I appreciate it!