News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

SA Requests

Started by SickAlice, February 23, 2020, 11:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Lost my old thread somewhere. Seemed to have lost many of my essential files. I think it happened during a system restore. For example I was about to ask for a copy of horse. I found it however but the various files were scattered and renamed in oddball places all over my hard drive as a system restore would do. Of course otherwise the whole search is a loss considering searching ones drive for "character.nif" well, you all get the idea lol.

Toad by TJ.  completed

OrWolvie1

I've got it. Where would you like it sent?

SickAlice

Awesome and thanks. Msg'd you an email addy.

SickAlice

Probably an oddball but something that's holding me up, anyone have a Nifconvert that works with modern Windows updates or know how to patch it?

daglob

Last time I tried my Ntfconvert worked with WX, but that is no telling how many updates ago. To get round the security "features", I created a folder on the desktop that I do the conversion in, and have nifconvert set up to run as an administrator. I may have made sure that I was the owner of the folder, too. I haven't tried it on the laptop, and it may not work, since it won't let me save a file out of Photoshop (although I found a work-around). If none of this works, I'll send you mine, with the understanding that WX seems to be disabling programs with every update.

But you remind me; I need to be sure I copy nifconvert to the backup.

SickAlice

I'll try all that out, the making a folder for output sounds familiar, I think I had to do that with Game Maker. And yeah it seems a lot of things get bugged especially third party stuff. No idea why exactly either or which exact update, just started noticing over time. I assume it was a security update that done it as the common issue seems to be programs can no loner manipulate files even if the file is it's own and/or in it's own directories.

Edit: Tried all that, no effect. Not surprised, a lot of things have been getting worse with every update. In fact if I try and install the new update in waiting the laptop just freezes and I end up having to do a hard reset. Something tells me a new "most stable ever" version of Windows is coming out soon...

daglob

SickAlice

Looking for anything that flies and flaps it's wings. Dragon_small/tiny, Lockheed, there was an eagle or bird of some kind I thought? Whatever works for making a flying bat. Thanks in advance anyone.

SickAlice

Thanks. Though his Inbox is full yet so can't send him a message. I'd probably like to see that anyways for use later though I think I figured out something else that would match a bat better.

I also figured out the previous issue. Well, not figured out how but made it work. Off a hunch I moved the folders to the nifconverts folder then tried to convert them and it worked.

SickAlice

Looking for Cannonball by Tommy.

Cyber Burn

I'll try to get them to you tonight or tomorrow.

SickAlice

Thanks friend. Hope you're holding up well during these times.

SickAlice

Anyone have Tommys winged_horse_norse_valkyrie_t? Thanks in advance.

daglob

I think I sent it to your e-mail address.

SickAlice

Ty. You're the dude!  :thumbup:

SickAlice

Looking for Taskmistress, the female variant of Taskmaster if anyone has it. Ty.

SickAlice

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Now if I can just fix She-ra's vanishing limb issue I'll be ready to release some stuff.

SickAlice

Looking for Gren's Lilandra if anyone has her. Link on site redirects to 404 Land. Thanks in advance.

SickAlice

SickAlice

Bit of a different type of request just to help me out to put it together in the long run as well I don't trust my own memory these days. Looking to compile a list of needed tutorials to put together and on my site. Linking ones here that there would permission to use will help. I need them to have screenshots of the steps to make a webpage of them or at least to be able to do that myself in addition to the typed words. Need to be accurate of course and not just what if type statements. Here's what I got so far.

- Mirroring Pieces by Tomato, two methods and fortunately he screenshotted all that so I just have to copy it over.
- Basic Texture Settings in Nifskope : Common questions regarding one thing or the other here, just going to run down what they all are and the proper way to set them up.
- Animated Textures: Might combine it with the above, I figure this one gets buried and comes up everynow and then and there was no visual guide for it.
- Tricks in Blender: I got a few in mind here. I have Randomdays tutorial on my site so these would go under it and presume a person already read and understands that. I'm looking at Designing Clothing which basically walks a person through how to work in Edit mode, thinking it will be a make a skirt tutorial since that's the most basic thing to do and covers all the different functions. Likewise combining and duplicating model pieces could be another.
- New Limbs: The process of making new limbs in Nifskope, basically like extra sets of arms and what not. I'm not exactly great at this this so any help would be appreciated. I get renaming bones and saving it in a separate Nif but I'm limited to that one.

So what else? Straight away I notice I have no texturing type stuff, probably essential. Obvs. no map making or mod making things there, I suck at all that myself, tried to make exactly one Rumble Room stage and I didn't get much further than placing a cauldron in it. Anything anyone has with programs outside the ones I limit myself to would be awesome, that's Nifskope, Blender, Milkshape and Photoshop for me.

Cyber Burn

Send me a pm to remind me, and I'l send you everything I had on my Resources Group.

SickAlice

Looking for some X-Men maps converted for  :ffvstr: if they exist namely the Danger Room from the mod for  :ff: and there was an X-Mansion map somewhere ago that had a full sized mansion on it with grounds that itself could be walked inside of.

SickAlice

Add to the above looking for Gren's Taskmaster FX for  :ffvstr: and/or for the original game and a primer to covert them.

BentonGrey

Howdy SA, you can find the X-Mansion in the FF2 Map Pack and in my Marvel Adventures mod.
http://gpwarehouse.freedomforceforever.com/

I don't know about the Taskmaster FX. 

As for converting them, I think for most simple FX, especially those that are just 3d objects, you can probably just copy them directly over.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

Ty. I found a the X-Mansion before at cmdrkoenig67's mediafire group however the objects like the mansion itself seems to be missing. It's needed of course so I can covert it since I know it doesn't work with  :ffvstr: (pink box shows up in place) and add it in the editor. I need it more for an example to look at work from for MOTU playsets.

Likewise TM FX as most of my male MOTU are based in that mesh and I want to make their FX line-up correctly. I have the TM shield which comes with the FX pack at Alex's but am missing the grenade, arrow and billyclub. And you're probably right with that as well I know textures for FX for  :ffvstr: need to be .dds.

BentonGrey

Yeah, the MA and mappack ones are converted.  They have files pointing to the right locations and such.  You'll have to go through and add some necessary objects into your art/area_specific folders, though.

I started but never finished a mapping tutorial.  I need to finish that.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

SickAlice

Speaking of FFX and while I got you here, I have a new laptop and just tried to install it. Did you ever figure out how to change the directory path settings for Control Centre and Steam? My  :ffvstr: is in Gog Games now and it isn't syncing.

BentonGrey

Urg, no, I'm afraid I don't know how to do that.  If you've got tons of HDD space, you could just copy everything to a fake Steam directory to run CC.
God Bless