Mutants & Masterminds - The Hunt for the Progenitor

Started by Reepicheep, February 02, 2018, 08:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Spoiler
I was going to say something but nevermind.....not important...

And I'll probably avoid mind speaking per say to keep from confusing folks with itallics (mine are inner thoughts, to myself)...will be saying stuff out loud if it has to do with Queen Ant.
Spoiler
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

UnkoMan

Bill's message calms the queen somewhat. She eases the stress the rest of the colony is currently feeling, and sends a reply of calm to Bill. She picks up a vague notion about these people being good. Taking care of people. It is at odds with her own experiences.
Regardless, she feels like she can trust the brightly coloured colony. She will have to learn more about it in the future.

She will stay for now, but she still doesn't trust the white coat. She asks of both Bill and the other, What do you want from the white coat? Communication seems easier for her now. Less abstract. More like a language, though still with a strange mixture of words/feelings/emotions. She hopes her message gets across.

Reepicheep

There's silence for a moment behind the barricade. The man in the labcoat shuffles, crushing glass beneath him. He tries to shift his legs, but his motions are clumsy and infantile. Even as he makes a weak effort to stand, he remains hunched over. His arms are folded ahead of him. He's clutching something.

Wild Card
Awareness 0 + (d20 = 2) vs Persuasion 8 + (d20 = 1)
Wild Card: Critical failure

"You can't help!" he snarls brutally, "You ... Who sent you? Oracle? Grim? The military? Who?" He still hasn't turned to face you. By his posture, he's intent on hiding something. "You can't.... take it. You won't! You'll ruin . . . everything!"

It looks like reasoning with him is off the table.

DC15 vs Perception 14 + (d20 = 6)
Queen Ant: Success to two degrees
DC15 vs Perception 7 + (d20 = 1)
Wild Card: Critical Failure ((Oh, man. Sorry.))
DC15 vs Perception 11 + (d20 = 8)
Bill Morgan: Success to one degree.

Bill Morgan & Queen Ant

You spot something especially strange about the scientist. Though obscured by the barricade and hiding beneath a labcoat, you spot that the shape of his legs are very peculiar. Instead of the usual trunk-like legs, they seem to bend backwards at the calf. It's like there is an extra, reversed knee on the back of them, protruding out.

With the barricade still in the doorway, you're simply not in the right place to investigate further.

Wild Card

A grouping of tiles drop from the ceiling just above the barricade. It kicks dust up into the air and into your face, entirely obscuring your already letterbox view into the room for a moment.

Queen Ant

Will 1 + (d20 = 8) vs Insight 12 + (d20 = 4)

What you can tell of the man is that he is in a state of chaos. It's something more than mere panic or fear. It's more like he's wrestling with his very nature, his concentration not only slipping but being . . . overridden.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Bill walks as close to the man as he can.

"I don't really know this other fellow, but we only came here because we saw the explosion and wanted to help.  Bill Morgan does not work for any of those people.  Bill can help you.  What do you need?"

Spoiler
We can assume that for the rest of conversation, Bill will be translating everything that is said by all parties as best he can so that Queen Ant can get some idea of what is going on.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Reepicheep

Spoiler
If you take a look at the map, you all are currently in the western room. Jasper is within the coffee stain. The barricade is made at the door between you and his room. You're already as close as you can get.

Deaths Jester

Wild Card staggers backward, coughing from the dust kicked up by the falling panels. He mutters something in Russian, his tone letting you know whatever he said was definetly not PG rated. What is Grim, he wonders.

Spoiler
Might WC know what Grim is via his expertises?

Finally able to catch his breath, he realizes there isn't a way to reason with Josef. Sighing, he turns his attention to the computer. "You, umm, two keep talking and watching him. Maybe play him some music, organ grinder," he says to Bill and Queen Ant. "I'm going to try and figure out something. See if I can find this...container...or a way to contain whatever he has if the container doesn't exist."

Not waiting for their reply, he heads to the computer. Slowly he shifts the debris away so he has a safe place to stand and starts typing on the computer.

Spoiler
Good old tech skill please give me a good roll...

Note: WC is stepping aside from the talking because he would like to learn a few things and feels that he can get those answers easier elsewhere. That and he's looking for more info on his own little...personal "quest" and realizes that Josef's emotional response to his perssuation makes it hard to impossible to learn the info he needs from Josed at the moment. He'll return to Josef in a few - once he has calmed and/or WC finds the container/info. Don't worry, folks.

UnkoMan

The queen watches the white coat stagger. He is distorted. Different from a human. Perhaps he is a different creature wearing one of their coverings, much like her colony does. In any case there is something very wrong with him. Bill relays comforting words and the other creature turns away his attention, but nothing much is being done.
The queen realizes she doesn't have much choice. She commands her colony to slip through the cracks of the barricade and get closer to the white coat, readying herself in case things turn sour.
She will try to get around him, see what it is he holds, see what kind of thing he is.
She sends him a message, What are you? What have they done to you?

Spoiler
If the cracks are too tight it's possible her coat and hat will be removed by slipping through, at which point she would reveal her standard "humanized" form of this:

Though her head may be in a less ant-like form right now. A smoother shape more similar to a human.

Deaths Jester

Wild Card franticly types on the computer keyboard and waves the mouse around.  I wonder if it evens works after the explosion, he ponders.  The fact the screen survived and is still casting light might mean I have a chance to access things.  If not, I best see what was in that other room because those two came back here way too fast.  Something in there must be wrong for that to happen. If that's the case, there might be something that will provide me some more info about this whole thing. Seems the esteemed Dr Marko has been up to something, but what?

Spoiler
Little if/then set up there within the thoughts for ya, Reep, to help out.   :thumbup:

catwhowalksbyhimself

Bill and Confidence will wait until the have get through the barricade, then will attempt to Shatter it and follow.

Reepicheep

Wild Card

DC15 vs Technology 7 + (d20 = 9)
Wild Card: Success to one degree

The computer is on its side when you approach it. It's an old style monitor, with the computer itself contained within the monitor unit. It's amazing it's still working and managed to remain plugged in, despite being dropped off its desk in the brunt of the explosion. It's easy to wipe off the dust to clear up the screen and place the monitor upright. The rear of it has taken a bit of a dent, clearly dislodging something important. You can tell by glitchy flickering of the graphics on screen. You also would have no problem finding a nearby keyboard and plugging it in. It's one of those older keyboards with the circular sockets; you know the one.

It's quickly clear that trying to push the computer too hard would do some damage, and if it shuts down you probably won't be able to start it up again.

Already on screen is a log, with buttons to navigate between entries. Behind the space of the monitor that the log occupies is the desktop. The image there is a circle with a line through it, like the negative space of a stop sign. You recognise it from an ID card you recently pocketed.

Spoiler

The entry is two days old and reads as follows:

Prog 24. Subject material grown by approx 2000% after serum application, seven weeks incubation period. Growth seems to have stopped within parameters. Rapidly learns and alters Rat DNA when exposed for 24 hrs. Like Progs 19-23, developed neural networks (exact nature not yet validated. May not be neurons). Zero fatalities at present. Like Progs 16-23, developed protective organic film (slime?), mass exponentially increased per Prog 24's growth. Personal note: bioluminescence is unexpected effect, not seen in Progs 16-23. Seems harmless. Next specimen to look into preventing too much slime mass growth, restrict growth to proportionally match Prog's growth. Must be manually purged daily to prevent critical mass. PM to eliminate subject due to limited containment of incubator no. O-I-188. Unfortunate, since observations with exposure to animals are incomplete, but necessary.

The following is speculation: Rats show increased intelligence after exposure to Prog 24. Test sample inadequate for validation, but observed cases of rapid problem solving. If true, then does this say something about the Progs' own intelligence? A symbiotic exchange?

Extrapolating progress, BS & I agree completion of Project Progenitor by specimens 30-35... PM believes sooner.

Queen Ant

You find enough of a gap, about 30 centimetres wide, to crawl through. That's plenty to bring your coat with you, with a big of a squeeze. Using the hole, you obscure the vision for Bill Morgan.

Reassembling yourself on the other side, you see the man is gone.

DC10 vs Expertise: Science 6 + (d20 = 8)
Queen Ant: Success to one degree

The space you are in is clearly the heart of the laboratory. It's very dark in the room, illuminated only by the fluctuating glow of the slime. Opposite the doorway you entered through is another entrance. It too is barricaded in much the same way as the one you used. Most of the furniture that would have been scattered around the room by the explosion has been used for this purpose.

Against the northern wall are three large cylindrical containers. You recognise them to be incubators. The more involved of the experiments from around the time of your own development into increased awareness were contained within some. This isn't the same laboratory - you know that much - but it has far too many similarities. The incubators are smashed, clearly responsible for the glass shattered around the place. It's also evident that one of the incubators was the centre of the explosion.

Perception 14 + (d20 = 18) vs Stealth 10 + (d20 = 17)
Win initiative

It doesn't take long to spot him. He is given away by the object he is holding - it glows in a soft, breathing rhythm the same way as the slime, but more frequently. It seems that in the very short time it took you to navigate through the barricade, the man had made it into the shadows across the room. He seemed spooked by you, but not in the same way you might expect of a frightened human. He's obscured in the darkness, you can can tell that whatever he is, he is no longer completely human in neither form nor mind.

Cornered, he opts to fight. The space between you and the creature narrows as he scurries, preparing to pounce towards you, but you have plenty of time to react.

Action!

Spoiler
From here on, each action you make can only take the span of a few seconds. You will have time to make an action and move (though not necessarily in that order). Refer to the OP of table talk for more information of what you might be able to do, and if you want to try some more obscure manoeuvres, feel free to consult me for clarity over in table talk. The corebook has a whole load of different manoeuvres for reference that I simply won't be able to post anywhere without overloading the forums.

Queen Ant: Be aware that you still receive a -2 circumstance penalty with the slime.

Bill Morgan

Perception 11 + (d20 = 12) vs Stealth 10 + (d20 = 8)
Bill Morgan: Success to two degrees

Before attempting to break down the barricade, you become aware that the man had vanished. Through the apertures in the barricade, you too spot him appearing from the eerie green shadows when he makes a lunge for Queen Ant.

You grind the organ and the soundwaves harness in front of you like in a beam of vibrations. The barricade wobbles with the vibrations before its structure becomes flimsy. When the shelf used as a buttress collapses and smashes into fragments, the table, chairs and sheet metal that make the bulk of the barricade topple backwards, into the laboratory.

Spoiler
I finally got an answer to attacking objects. Objects don't make resistance checks, they just take the damage based on the difference between Bill's weaken effect and the Toughness of the object. That means that Bill's shatter effect will always destroy anything equal to one inch of stone (which a clumsily made barricade I imagine to be less) during action, but may routinely destroy sturdier things outside of action (My discretion will be involved). Otherwise, he will lower the toughness of the object down to the difference of his weaken effect.

Quote from: Page 188Objects do not get resistance checks; the effect works on the targeted object at its maximum degree of success. At the GM's discretion, someone holding, carrying, or wear- ing an object can make a Dodge resistance check against the effect, representing pulling the object out of the way at the last moment.

Deaths Jester

"Protective slime," Wild Card asks aloud as he slowly turns away from the computer. "Proj 24? Intelligent rats? Increased changes? What have you been up to, Jos..."

The combination of the sound of Bill's organ's music, the sight of the barricade collapsing, and the lack of Queen Ant not being around cuts Wild Card's questions short. "What the [explative]," he screams. "I told you to keep talking to him and watch him, not decide to run ahead into an unknown and most likely dangerous situation like lemmings!"

He follows that with a string of strong Russian words intersped with English phrases "rookies", "action happy Americans", and "this day just keeps get better". He dips his left hand into his vest's pocket and pulls out a deck of cards. Best to have the rest of the deck ready with how my luck is going, he thinks.

Sighing he consigns his self to follow after the bumbling "compatriots" or are they interlopes. At this point all he knows is they will probably need saving. "After you, organ grinder," he growls.

UnkoMan

The queen sees the strange creature. It must have once been a human, but something altered it. Perhaps they experiment on each other, the way they experimented on her?
She doesn't have much time to think about it, as the creature lunges in her direction. She reacts on instinct, commanding her colony to confront him head on and try to restrain his bestial body.

Spoiler
So, stretch to cover the distance if I can, and use a grab action. Is this what my actions should look like in this round?

Reepicheep

Queen Ant

The swarm lunges forwards, making to envelop the attacking scientist.

Attack Check:
Parry Defence 15 vs Colony 7 + Grab 4 + (d20 = 6)
Queen Ant: Success to Hit
Grab DC11 vs Dodge 9 + (d20 = 11)
Lab Rat: Successful escape

Seeing the thick cloud of insects elongate towards him, the transformed man scurries to the side to get out of the way. For a moment, it completely enshrouds him, but you can feel him wriggle and writhe in your grip. Finding a footing on the ground, he kicks himself into the air and leaps free of the ants. He's moving on three of his limbs, his last hand - now more of a claw - holding the glowing object firmly.

Lab Rat

The scientist leaps into the air towards the main bulk of ants, making to strike.

Parry defence 12 vs Claws 7 + (d20 = 19)
Lab Rat: Successful Hit
Toxic Claws DC20 vs Toughness 7 + (d20 = 12)
Queen Ant: Failure to one degree. Immunity to Toxic.

His claw swipes through Queen Ant's colony, scattering ants across the room.

Spoiler
Lab Rat happens to have a decent level of dodge, which makes him able to slip out of a grab.

His successful attack means that, should he attempt to attack you again, you will be subject to a -1 modifier to your resistance versus damage. At one degree of success, there is no other side effect.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Organ King sees the scientist attack the insect creature.  He sends a blast of organ music at it.

Organ King uses Sonic Blast on Lab Rat.

He yells toward Wild Card, "Hey, a little help, here?"

Spoiler
I assumed I was into the room enough for the door to be clear, but if not, he'll step a bit into the room while he does this.

Deaths Jester

Hearing the din of combat ahead, Wild Card shuffles his deck of cards impatiently and with a tad bit of anger - espcially after just telling the organ grinder to get in there only to have him call for help. "If only you two had listened," he mutters under his breath. "But oh no, you just had to poke the angry, slime-covered scientist and destroy the barricade the help protect us in case he went nuts."

He sighes again before slipping into the shadows and sneaksing into the room ahead, making sure to stick close to the wall. If I'm going to save some type of info, I best get in there and end the fight now before everyone else ends up tearing the place up.

Spoiler
Am going in in stealth.

UnkoMan

The queen feels as a portion of her colony is ripped from her, sent scattering. If only she had left as soon as she recognized this place!
She staggers and sees Bill rush in, sending strong vibrations towards the creature who struck her. With this distraction she commands her colony to spread out, leaving her garments where they lay. The other ants move to protect their queen.

Spoiler
So, if I'm correct I get a move and a standard action? I'm looking to use "hide in plain sight" but would that qualify during combat? First thought was she would make a dash to the other barricade, trying to get it between her and the fighting, but I feel bad about her cutting out on the others so easily. Could she use hide in plain sight and also go on the defensive, or are those two separate actions? Or would I even need to use defend if I am hiding?

Deaths Jester

Spoiler
Actually, right now no actions can be taken until Reep rolls the initiative on the new combatants and see where in the turn they fall. It may come out that one or both of us gets to act ahead of you or Lab Rat. That depends on the roll. We just need to be patient.

UnkoMan

Spoiler
Oops! Sorry, I didn't even think about everybody's initiative. Okay, we'll see what happens.

Reepicheep

Stealth 10 + (d20 = 10) vs Perception 11 + (d20 = 8)
Bill Morgan: Failure to one degree
Perception 5 + (d20 = 8) vs Stealth 9 + (d20 =  17)
Wild Card: Success to three degrees. Make two moves: One that will occur prior to initiative rolls and another that will take its place in the initiative order.

Wild Card rolls Initiative 5 + (d20 = 17) = 22
Lab Rat rolls Initiative 6 + (d20 = 12) = 18
Queen Ant rolls Initiative 3 + (d20 = 14) = 17
Bill Morgan rolls Initiative -2 + (d20 = 8) = 6

Spoiler
Bill didn't manage to get his attack in during the surprise round, though he has entered the room. The sonic blast will happen in his place in the next round.

Queen Ant and Bill Morgan both rolled their perception against Lab Rat's stealth to see if they get their attacks in during the surprise round. Queen Ant succeeded, but Bill failed - his move will wait until the main round. Since Wild Card specified he was entering the action in stealth, I rolled Lab Rat's perception against his Stealth. I should have waited for this, as it would have made Lab Rat unable to attack Queen Ant during the surprise round. To reward this win and to balance out my oversight, a successful hit will incur a penalty condition on Lab Rat.

I also should have made the initiative rolls on the previous post, even though they'll come into effect on the next round. That may have been clearer.

FYI, I rolled Initiative in alphabetical order and repositioned the list in the order the moves will go. To reiterate a point in Table Talk, you don't need to wait until your place in the order to post, but I will be reading and responding to posts in the Initiative order. You can opt to see the outcome of another attack before making your move, just be sure to make that clear.

Deaths Jester

Wild Card's whole demenor grows cold and calculated - no longer do his emotions flash over his face. His mirrored shades lenses reflecting the light.

With a quick toss, he sends the three cards in his right hand fly.

Spoiler
If the first free move I get is a standard action, I'll be using Deal a Hand with the multiattack targeting Lab Rat. If not, then I'll use it during my regular turn as ONE of my actions. Once I find that out, then I'll explain the rest of what I have planned for my turn.

Reepicheep

Dodge Defence 19 vs Deck of Cards 13 + (d20 = 17)
Wild Card: Successful hit to three degrees. Multiattack adds +5 to effect DC. Surprise attack inflicts Dazed on Lab Rat.
Deal a Hand 22+5 vs Toughness 6 + (d20 = 13)
Lab Rat: Failure to two degrees. -1 Circumstance, Stunned.

The cards whip through the air with a sharp whistle. They swiftly orbit Queen Ant and find their target on the mutated scientist. He is sent off his balance, into the air and onto his back. His head hits the floor.

Lab Rat: -1 Resistance Circumstance, Stunned, Prone. In the middle of the northern laboratory.
Bill Morgan: Fine. Near the western door of the northern laboratory.
Queen Ant: -1 Resistance Circumstance, -2 Move Circumstance. In the middle of the northern laboratory.
Wild Card: Fine. Near the western door of the northern laboratory.

Spoiler
That was your clumsily GMed surprise attack. Your normal attack can start now.

Wild Card's attack first dazed Lab Rat due to the surprise attack. Two degrees of failure on Lab Rat's roll against Wild Card's power meant that he gets another level of dazed inflicted on him. Stunned means he'll miss his turn this round, but can still defend.

Cat and Unko, let me know if you want to alter your moves before your turn comes around. Which would be immediately after DJ posts again.

Deaths Jester

He watches as the cards hit their target square on, knocking Lab Rat off his feet. Time to get up close and end this now, he thinks as he slips the deck of cards in his left hand into his pocket.

Making sure that he won't block the other two's line-of-sights, he charges forward, prepared to punt the prone Lab Rat.

Spoiler
The card stowage is a free action while the charge is a combo of my move and a charge attack. I'm considering using extra effort for one more in close attack but I want to wait to see how the charge comes out. If it works and it knocks LR down to where Bill's sound blast will KO him, I'll hold off on the extra effort. We'll see...

Reepicheep

Parry Defence 15 vs Unarmed 7 + (d20 = 4)
Wild Card: Failure to hit

The transformed scientist snarls as his attacker darts through the door towards him. Though dizzy and disoriented, he swipes the air just enough to block the kick from Wild Card.

Spoiler
Lab Rat has the Prone Fighting advantage and suffers no fighting penalty while prone. That's the ol' Bait-n-switch.

I'll treat any extra effort or hero point usage as narrative continuity, if you do decide to use one.

Lab Rat misses his turn this round.

Lab Rat: -1 Resistance Circumstance, Stunned, Prone. In the middle of the northern laboratory.
Bill Morgan: Fine. Near the western door of the northern laboratory.
Queen Ant: -1 Resistance Circumstance, -2 Move Circumstance. In the middle of the northern laboratory.
Wild Card: Fine. In the middle of the northern laboratory.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler
I won't be changing anything.  Except that it's understand his cry for help happened before his combat turn. 

Deaths Jester

Having missed thanks to a combo of slippery slime and the Rat's dodge, Wild Card decides it best to take the intiative with his fists instead. He throws a punched aimed at the Rat's head, sucking wind as he does it.

Spoiler
Extra effort for one more attack and then end turn. I'll be using my hero point to start next turn to avoid fatigue.

Reepicheep

Wild Card
Parry Defence 15 vs Unarmed 7 + (d20 = 7)
Wild Card: Failure to hit. ((Sorry man, you had the odds. Good Try))
Extra Effort: Wild Card avoids Fatigue with a hero point.

The scientist scurries back onto three limbs as quickly as he can, still tightly clutching the glowing orb. On closer inspection to you, it looks like it could be organic. Even a bit squishy.

You swing a right hook at him, but something stops you. It's not the Rat blocking you this time, it's something else. Something in the air like an invisible force, powerful and kinetic. It shudders through your very bones . . .

Spoiler
Now that Wild Card has used an extra effort, he is put under the Fatigued state. For the rest of this scene, he can't use another extra effort without going incapacitated or unless something remedies him. If he wanted to use it again, he better be damn sure it's worth the consequences. There's no other penalty for Fatigued, so it's worth trying to get out per scene.

Edit: using a hero point prevented the fatigue, but I'll leave that explanation there for reference.

Lab Rat
Unable to move this turn.
State changes from Stunned to Dazed.

Queen Ant
Perception 5 - 2 + (d20 = 1)
Lab Rat critically fails Perception.
Queen Ant: Success to four degrees

As the hit from the rat man scatters your colony, you see three small, thin rectangles zip through the air. As this happens, your command scatters the colony. Your ants rapidly find dark corners, safe haven in the ceiling, cracks in the wall. Within moments, anyone who had seen you one moment would think a whole person had vanished like magic and only a crumpled hat and coat were what was left.

Bill Morgan
Sonic Blast Area Effect:
Lab Rat: DC19 vs Dodge 9 + (d20 = 12)
Successful Dodge, effectiveness halved
Wild Card: DC19 vs Dodge 5 + (d20 = 3)
Unsuccessful Dodge

Sonic Blast DC12 vs Fortitude 3 -1 + (d20 = 20)
Lab Rat Resists Damage
Sonic Blast DC10 vs Fortitude 3 - 1 + (d20 = 19)
Lab Rat Resists Affliction

Sonic Blast 24 vs Fortitude 5 + (d20 = 19)
Wild Card Resists Damage

Just as the scientist tears into the ant creature, you wind the handle of the organ. The music bellows, louder and louder, until it reaches a critical mass. Before you had time to stop yourself, however, the other man had hurled himself into the room and had failed comically to land a kick. The blast of music bursts forward. You can feel the vibrations ripple out ahead of you. It throws both your enemy and your ally off guard.

The rat man braces when he detects something is wrong. He kicks off the ground, turning in the air and makes some distance between himself and Wild Card to evade the shockwave. The loud noise does nothing to alleviate his headache, but he shivers away the vibrations and fixes his wild eyes on Wild Card.

Wild Card too is thrown off balance. It looked like he was trying to land a brutal fist, but your blast catches him midair and threw his hit off target. An outside perspective would wonder if you did that on purpose.

Spoiler
The Area effect that you have on Sonic Blast is a double edged sword. Wild Card is within melee range of Lab Rat, so he too got caught up in it. Since RNG doesn't like Wild Card at all, and clearly has a crush on Lab Rat, this got risky. It just so happens that Lab Rat rolled what he would have needed to resist the power even if it hit him at full throttle. But then RNG took pity on Wild Card and rolled the exact number he needed to resist. That was crunch.

The affliction part of your power isn't an area effect, however. That could mean that the target in the centre of the area must resist than in addition.

Having seen that in action, it may be that you opt to remove the area effect from the power in the future. Alternatively, you may decide to add the 'selective' modifier to allow you to choose who in the area is affected. It's hard to really understand how these things work until you see them, which is very much the point of this first scene.

Hazard

DC11 vs Fortitude 5 + (d20 = 17)
Wild Card: Resisted
Queen Ant: Immune
DC11 vs Fortitude 3 + (d20 = 5)
Bill Morgan: Weakened Stamina - Stamina -1

Bill Morgan
After your blast is done, you can't help but feel like something else in the room has changed. It's like the vibrations from your attack lingered for longer than they should have, only they give you a very slight awareness of your stomach.

Queen Ant
DC11 vs Expertise: Science 6 + (d20 = 19)
Success to three degrees

You also identify that the air has changed. The vibrations that your antennae were detecting before have become more violent. The increase wasn't gradual, it was sudden. It was deliberate.

Lab Rat: -1 Resistance Circumstance, Dazed. Northern end of the laboratory.
Bill Morgan: Weakened Stamina -1. Near the western door of the laboratory.
Queen Ant: -1 Resistance Circumstance, -2 Move Circumstance. Hidden. All over the southern side of the laboratory.
Wild Card: Fine. In the middle of the laboratory.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler
I thought Wildcard used a Hero Point to prevent the fatigue?

Reepicheep

Spoiler
Right you are. Good catch.

Edit: actually, it's a bit more involved. WC was actually given fatigue at the beginning of Lab Rat's turn. It's on WC's next turn that he can remove the fatigue status with a Hero Point. I'm not sure why the game runs it in that way. I made the edit before double checking the rules, but will edit back if it becomes an issue.

Edit 2: Actually, now I'm second guessing myself on something. It says fatigue is applied on the turn immediately after the extra effort, which I took to mean Lab Rat's turn. But it could mean WC's immediate next turn. Digging for an answer. In the meantime, I'll leave it as is and alter it if it becomes an issue. The next turn is DJ's anyway, so it makes no difference.

Deaths Jester

Spoiler
The fatigue state happens on the Pc that used the extra effort (whether for an extra attack or other things) next turn. That's why using a hero point completely clears it and seeing as hero points reset after every session/whatnot, it helps some times. Also Reep, you forgot to add the advantage I have from ranks in Evasion against area attacks.

Wild Card's ears ring and his fist aches. (Expletive) organ grinder, he thinks as he digs his deck of cards back out. He's worse than the this blasted rat!

Once more he deals three cards into his right hand and wings them at Lab Rat.

Spoiler
Def add selective to areas! The deck draw is the move (going to need to use the PP I earn from this "session" on Quick Draw) and Deal a Hand with multiattack as my action. End turn. Oh...and your dice hate me, Reep. >_<!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler
Hey Reep Designed the power.  I didn't even know that selective existed.  I kinda figures the area thing was optional.  Should have asked.  Is there a way to adjust the power so I can it for either area or single target?  Anyway, there's not much I can do with WC in the way.

"Sorry.  Something in this room is messing with our powers.  I don't know what it is, but it's making Bill Morgan feel ill."

Bill circled around looking for a safe angle to blast Lab Rat. With Wild Card in the way of any attacks, he instead projected his music outward, making a sound which was strangely--inspiring.

Spoiler
I'm going to start to circle around lab rat with the goal to get on the opposite side of him.  I will spend a Hero Point to use Inspire on my allies.