Imported Star Wars, DC, Marvel, Sci-Fi meshes and now, TMNT!

Started by detourne_me, March 27, 2016, 12:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El1jahSnowFan

Amazing -- Swamp Thing was one of those characters who was done so long ago...you know, the old school stuff is awesome. I'm always amazed at what they were able to do coming up on, what, 16 years for this type of thing.

But at the same time, it's great to see updates to characters when their visual looks have changed dramatically. Swamp Thing isn't one of my favorites, but it's still nice to be able to view these things as I do, which is as pieces of art that can be animated for fun.

Thanks, as always, DM! And yes, I still use Moses Magnum to this day!  :thumbup:

detourne_me

Yeah its funny. The original swamp thing mesh had never really been updated, although there have been a few newer skins for it over the years. At first i wasnt sure which keyframe set would be good for this Swamp Thing mesh. He isnt exactly the superheroic fighter-type in my mind, despite the newer comics and his appearance in Injustice 2. Thats why i went with the 16 year old manbot keys, the have a lurching/lurking strength and presence to them that I think fit swampy well.
Im also glad people still use my older traditional skopes and skins, too!

BentonGrey

Great imports man!  That Hobgoblin one is really cool looking.  I'm thinking I'll be able to find some use for that guy somewhere!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

detourne_me

Here's Firestorm from DC Legends. with FX by Windblown, Afghan Ant and Podmark. Keyframes by Renegade, Grenadier, and IPS.

daglob

style

The Ultimate Fan!

X-Man

:o :o You make my day whenever you import these.. Had to do all my x-men over, Star-Wars,  now Firestorm :). Keep em coming  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ash4fire

detourne_me

wow, such a great response for Firestorm!  I guess I should do some more cool, semi-obscure characters!
Here's one from Marvel Contest of Champions, built on Grenadier's amazing Hawkman mesh.

Podmark

Taht Firestorm is very cool! And Archangel is sweet too. These games have some awesome models.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

:thumbup: Here's another quick one, Ripped by SickAlice from the Spider-Man Unlimited mobile game, it's Vulture from Homecoming.
Based on Grenadier's Angel mesh.

detourne_me

I re-Uploaded Firestorm with some bump-mapping here
and also skoped a rip of Ares from the Wonder Woman movie!

I will probably get to Doctor Poison and revisit Wonder Woman, too.

spydermann93

Thank you for not including the mustache under the helmet.

You are a kind, benevolent god.

detourne_me

Thanks guys!

Here's Doctor Poison, from the Wonder Woman Movie, ripped from DC Legends.
She's got keyframes by Volsung, that include a pretty cool melee attack, so I gave her a syringe.

detourne_me

Another woman familiar with venom comin your way next!
Here's the new Jessica Drew design, ripped by SickAlice from the Spider-Man: Unlimited mobile game.
She's based on XM_Storm_Classic_Gren by Grenadier

Podmark

Very cool DM. Always nice to have the newer looks available.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

Impressive work, as usual, DM! They're all great, but I loved the Wonder Woman movie characters, it will be nice to be able to use Ares and Doc Poison against WW in the Danger Room.
Thanks for your hard work.

detourne_me

Crossposting from the requests thread:

Check 'em out!
Here's about 15 meshes.  The Classic Power Rangers, Movie Power Rangers, some Classic enemies, and Lord Drakkon and Green Ranger V2.
I've still got a few more I plan on doing, like the Movie Rita Repulsa, and Classic White Ranger.
For the most part they are all based on jnman078's Zyu Ranger meshes. I cut up the keyframes for specific characters, like giving Trini only the dagger attacks, no staves or axe attacks.
Enjoy!

detourne_me

Imagine my surprise when I saw that the new Future Fight update is Age of Apocalypse themed!
I just had to import this guy!

He's based on Apollo_Gren, and available by clicking on the picture.

EDIT: I've also uploaded a MegaZord to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers folder.

Deaths Jester

OMG!!!  YEEEEEAAASSSHHHH!!!!!  SO FREAKING AWESOME, DM!!!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

Y'know, I don't really like Apokalypse (nor Mr. Sinister), but this... this is fantastic.

El1jahSnowFan

Quote from: detourne_me on September 28, 2017, 10:44:42 AM
Imagine my surprise when I saw that the new Future Fight update is Age of Apocalypse themed!

Oh, my gosh.

The Future Fight models have always been some of the nicest and most detailed, especially for the platform. I'm so glad that you did this, plus Spider-Woman's model with the updated costume. I know this stuff...we've been living on borrowed time, with this platform and game, for a little bit now. I don't think too many of us expect to see much new content anymore, if at all.

But I am one of those people who just appreciates the source medium so much...I read my first batch of comics in 1977. Throughout those 40 years since, the one thing that I always managed to enjoy was the source medium: comic books.

I'll be here as long as this community is here, and for however long creators release content, I'll always be appreciative.

Thanks, DM!

spydermann93

This has me beyond words :o :o :o :o

I haven't played Future Fight, but seeing AoA characters getting updates is super exciting! Let's pray that they have Abyss!

X-Man

!!!!  :thumbup: :thumbup: looks awesome. You imports keep getting better and better

BentonGrey

Great find DM!  That is a really nice looking Apocalypse.  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

martialstorm

Loving the conversions, do you work with the imported objects in 'T' pose? I tried to overlay a 10th doctor over your 11th doctor mesh and while the KF animation titles showed on character tool, the the character itself stayed on 'T' pose with nothing changing it. Any suggestions welcome :)

spydermann93

Quote from: martialstorm on September 30, 2017, 12:11:56 PM
Loving the conversions, do you work with the imported objects in 'T' pose? I tried to overlay a 10th doctor over your 11th doctor mesh and while the KF animation titles showed on character tool, the the character itself stayed on 'T' pose with nothing changing it. Any suggestions welcome :)

Not sure about DM, but I follow a conversion tutorial by RandomDays (hosted by SickAlice) over here: http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/rdays/rdays.html

martialstorm

Many thanks and apologies for jumping in, again the conversions are greatly appreciated!  :)

detourne_me

Hey Martialstorm. If youve got the vertexes bone weighted, did you do the ctrl+p thing the attach them to the skeleton armature? (Im camping right now and dont have pc access for a few days)
Also, after you export as a nif youll have to paste the body into another version of the donor character.nif in nifskope. For some reason keyframes wont take to nifs exported straight out of blender. I always need to paste the body into a new mesh.