Into the Badlands

Started by BentonGrey, December 13, 2015, 04:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy folks, I was just wondering if anyone is watching this show, Into the Badlands.  Lady Grey and I watched the first episode, and we were really impressed.  It's got a wonderfully rich visual style, great color palette (I'm really getting sick of everything on TV being washed out!), and a pretty intriguing setting.  It's like a kung-fu-murder version of Pushing Daisies.  The action is really impressive, especially for TV.  So, anyone else watching it?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Include me on the watch list. Though my opinion of it is kind of split down the middle.

Spoiler

Right off the bat, the action is fantastic, and I think that is an understatement. I absolutely agree with you on the show's visual style, it almost has the feel of a very toned down "Hero" (Jet Li). The story is interesting, and has a lot of room to be played out as long as it's not rushed through (At least in my opinion). The Characters show promise, but the acting, at times, can be a little over the top.

Overall, the first Season is almost over, but I've really enjoyed what I've seen. I'm really hoping it gets picked up for second Season.