News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Flickering Skins???

Started by UltraSuperGuy, October 12, 2015, 05:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltraSuperGuy

Here's a problem I've never had before but I'm suddenly having after playing  :ff: again.

I'm seeing a lot of the skins on characters (both from custom skins/meshes and ones in game) have this kind of strobe-like flickering effect to them. I can't figure out why some skins are doing it and some aren't. I remember reading from long ago that something like this might happen, but I did a search and I couldn't find anything on it.

Anybody know what might be happening and how I can correct it?

Cyber Burn

I'm not sure what you mean by flickering Skins. Could you please post a pic or video of what you're seeing? It might help you get an answer to your question.

UltraSuperGuy

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 12, 2015, 11:13:59 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by flickering Skins. Could you please post a pic or video of what you're seeing? It might help you get an answer to your question.

Here's an example, the first mesh/skin I've selected looks fine, but the other ones have this sort of lighting effect flicker that's happening all over them. When I play the game with these skins it does it in the game and the rest of the graphics are fine, the background and objects aren't doing it. Even some of the in-game skins are doing it, like some thugs. I've played this game numerous times and I've never seen this before.

It's really noticeable with your own eyes, it doesn't come through as much in this video, but the whole skin flickers.
http://vid1341.photobucket.com/albums/o759/Bawookles/IMG_2146_zpsxvlxhkr8.mp4

Cyber Burn

Just out of curiosity, since I haven't seen this before, what do your game settings look like?

hoss20

Sorry, I didn't look at the video, but based off of your description and the question Cyber asked; the problem could be stemming from your video settings for the game, your computer's graphics/video card, or the alpha channels on the skins you're viewing. It could be one of these things or a combination of them. Often, your game settings will help to solve any alpha channel problems.

Edit: I just looked at the video and I was envisioning a different effect regarding 'flickering". Do you see this effect happening while playing the game itself or in the Rumble Room? I don't recall seeing any difference in viewing things in the Character Editor screens after adjusting your settings. It's always in the game or Rumble Room. Does the flickering effect occur when viewing the meshes/skins in Character Tool?

daglob

You know, if you could figure out how to do this on purpose, it would make a nice FX. Think about a human Torch where the skin flicked like this.

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: daglob on October 19, 2015, 02:57:07 PM
You know, if you could figure out how to do this on purpose, it would make a nice FX. Think about a human Torch where the skin flicked like this.

iceman too!
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Question...Did you edit or modify the Skins, or do anything that may have caused you to re-save the Skin Files (Such as Converting them to DDS)?