FFvtTR with FFX3 (Steam) works on Windows 10 and holy crap!

Started by spydermann93, August 03, 2015, 07:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

So does the original Freedom Force! :o

In both games:

I just tested out a few Rumble Room matches; no crashes.

I browsed through my Custom Character library; no crashes.

So far, so good.

I seem to be the only one with this luck so far, but I'll keep everybody updated.

I'm going to check if Alex's EZ Hero Tool v3.5 works as well as a ghosting fix python script that was on FRP2 (which I am going to upload, soon).

spydermann93

Ok, so my typical hero creation and conversion methods work just fine.

That means:
Paint.NET works
The Ghosting Fix Python Script Works
Python 2.7 works (at least for the Ghosting Fix)
EZNifConvert works
EZHero 3.5 works

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

thalaw2

革命不会被电视转播

stumpy

This is great news! Have you opened the editors (FFedit.exe) for FF and TTvt3R yet?
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

spydermann93

FFvtTR's FFEdit seems to working just fine.

I haven't tried FF's FFEdit, though.

NOTE: This is using the official mod tools for the Steam versions of both games (somehow, those installed just fine).

I'll be updating my desktop to Windows 10 to try the disc versions of the games, seeing as my laptop's disk driver does not work.

thalaw2

Quote from: spydermann93 on August 03, 2015, 07:32:10 PM
Ok, so my typical hero creation and conversion methods work just fine.

That means:
Paint.NET works
The Ghosting Fix Python Script Works
Python 2.7 works (at least for the Ghosting Fix)
EZNifConvert works
EZHero 3.5 works

I forgot ask why don't you use Python 3.x.x?  Which IDE do you use?
I've just started using Python and I'm loving it.  I even listen to the "Talk Python to Me" podcast  :wub:
革命不会被电视转播

abenavides

Python is a great language.
I use the free PyPE IDE. (Not sure it's being developed anymore, but it's small and free - so I dig it!)
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

spydermann93

Quote from: thalaw2 on August 06, 2015, 10:29:30 PMI forgot ask why don't you use Python 3.x.x?  Which IDE do you use?
I've just started using Python and I'm loving it.  I even listen to the "Talk Python to Me" podcast  :wub:

I use PyWin.  I use 2.7 for the sole purpose of using the Ghosting Fix script.  For some reason, on higher versions of Python, it doesn't work (outdated commands, I'm assuming).

thalaw2

Thanks for the fast reply.  I'm using Wing IDE for now because I'm getting a feel for language.  I hope to change IDEs in the future. 
革命不会被电视转播

spydermann93

A bit of a correction, here.  The IDE is "PythonWin", not just "PyWin".

Also, just checked the disc version on my desktop and all systems are a go!

stumpy

Quote from: thalaw2 on August 06, 2015, 10:29:30 PMI forgot ask why don't you use Python 3.x.x?  Which IDE do you use?
Python underwent a pretty major change at the 3.0 release, adding some new features, but with some pretty serious hits on backward compatibility. In the years since the 3.0 release, most of the more widely used 2.x libraries have been ported to 3.x. But, many python libraries won't run under 3.x and have not been ported yet. Some will never be ported. This is of particular interest for game scripting, since many games have their scripting engines embedded and they cannot easily be changed to accommodate new python releases.

(BTW, I have not done any testing to see if the 3.x approach to things like unicode handling, tuple unpacking, etc. causes trouble in FF. I expect there are places where the division / symbol automatically converts the arguments to floats may cause some trouble where integer division was expected.)
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Cyber Burn

Has anyone tried Windows 10 with:

Blender
Audacity
GIMP
Any of the Hexadecimal Editors that are floating around
NifSkope (I haven't seen any reference to it yet)

or, kind of off subject, but:

Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Etc.) - In my case, I'm using 2013
Any of the Virus Protection Software floating around out there - Again, in my case, I'm using Sophos

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 08, 2015, 08:52:58 PM

Blender Haven't tried it
Audacity Never heard of it
GIMP I could download it and give it a try
Any of the Hexadecimal Editors that are floating around I haven't tried them and I don't really have experience using them
NifSkope (I haven't seen any reference to it yet) Yes, this works just fine

Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Etc.) - In my case, I'm using 2013 Works perfectly
Any of the Virus Protection Software floating around out there - Again, in my case, I'm using Sophos I have the basic Windows Defender, but I don't know how well it's actually doing (I haven't had any viruses, so that's good :P)

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on August 09, 2015, 12:18:44 AM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 08, 2015, 08:52:58 PM

Blender Haven't tried it
Audacity Never heard of it
GIMP I could download it and give it a try
Any of the Hexadecimal Editors that are floating around I haven't tried them and I don't really have experience using them
NifSkope (I haven't seen any reference to it yet) Yes, this works just fine

Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Etc.) - In my case, I'm using 2013 Works perfectly
Any of the Virus Protection Software floating around out there - Again, in my case, I'm using Sophos I have the basic Windows Defender, but I don't know how well it's actually doing (I haven't had any viruses, so that's good :P)

Awesome, I just want to make sure that I don't lose the License on Microsoft Word.

detourne_me

Great new Spyder, any update on graphical glitches? Do we have to keep using blob shadows? Are missing textures prevelant?

spydermann93

I'm not sure about shadows.  I've been running every character through the Ghosting Fix tool, so shadows no longer cause a ghosting effect.  Because of that, I always keep them on.  I'll check to see if turning off shadows causes certain FX to disappear.

I haven't seen any missing textures, yet, but I'll keep an eye out for them.

I'm using an NVidia GT 740, btw.

BentonGrey

This is great news!  I have to update my desktop soon, and I'm dreading it!

Hey Spyder, have you tried FFXEdit? 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 12, 2015, 11:45:32 PM
This is great news!  I have to update my desktop soon, and I'm dreading it!

Hey Spyder, have you tried FFXEdit?

FFXEdit?  Are you talking about the Control Center, for labeling your characters?  If so, then yes, it works just fine.  From what I've tested, it works on both my laptop (using Steam :ffvstr:) and my desktop (using the disc :ffvstr:)

Also, if Windows 10 is not to your liking, you can always revert back to your old platform, be it Windows 7 or 8.  All of your files will still be there.  At least, that's what one of my friends said happened to him.  I haven't tried it myself.

Cyber Burn

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had Windows 10, for lack of a better term, "Crash", and give them a Blue screen with an Error message stating "Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver"?

I was running both CTools last night trying to see what files I had in FF1 that I didn't have in FFvt3R, and this hit me out of no where. It took about half an hour to reboot completely. I tried doing a search last night, but the few things I found were all different from each other.

justintyme2174

Just curious, but does the original Freedom Force work on Windows 10 by Steam only or does it work if you install it the old-fashioned way (by the cd)?

spydermann93

Well, the Steam version definitely works on my laptop (which went from Windows 7 to Windows 10).

I haven't tried the disc version, but once I find the disc, I'll test it out and post the results here ^_^

Cyber Burn

Quote from: justintyme2174 on August 16, 2015, 07:13:00 PM
Just curious, but does the original Freedom Force work on Windows 10 by Steam only or does it work if you install it the old-fashioned way (by the cd)?

I haven't had a chance to run the game yet, but my CTool works fine.