News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Problems with knockback?

Started by K3k3000, February 03, 2015, 01:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3k3000

This might be all in my head, but I came back to FFvt3R after a bit of downtime and I noticed none of my Low Knocback projectile attacks can actually knockback flesh-weight characters. The attack is still listed as "knockback" when targeting the ground or a light object like a small tree or a bench, but even fire-weight characters are listed at "none" for knockback and will never be knockbacked by these projectiles, even if they're overcharged. My projectiles around the board seem to have been downgraded by one tier, while melee attacks work fine.

Has it always been this way?

spydermann93

Quote from: K3k3000 on February 03, 2015, 01:44:06 AM
This might be all in my head, but I came back to FFvt3R after a bit of downtime and I noticed none of my Low Knocback projectile attacks can actually knockback flesh-weight characters. The attack is still listed as "knockback" when targeting the ground or a light object like a small tree or a bench, but even fire-weight characters are listed at "none" for knockback and will never be knockbacked by these projectiles, even if they're overcharged. My projectiles around the board seem to have been downgraded by one tier, while melee attacks work fine.

Has it always been this way?

Yeah, Knockback has always been really weird in FFvtTR. I miss the old knockback system in FF, back when cars, fire hydrants, and other characters being hit towards you could knock your character back.

One recommendation that I would make is lower the weight of your characters. You can do this using Alex's Hero File Editor. If you set your weight low enough, low KB projectiles at level 3 will be able to knockback characters decently enough.

K3k3000

I guess as long as there's nothing wrong with my game, I'll deal. Thanks for the advice regarding the hero editor, but I'll probably just increase the appropriate skills to medium knockback; it'll take less work than redoing all my characters so that high strength melee characters don't just lovetap my lightweight blasters across the screen.

BentonGrey

Yeah, this is one of those things that, if I had a million dollars, I would hire someone to fix in FF...this and thrown knockback. :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/