News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Convert Nifs. from ffvstr to ff

Started by Arachobia, October 11, 2014, 01:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arachobia

Hey all

So sorry if there's any obvious way to do this but I was curious if you there was something like Alex's EZnif converter but which worked the other way.

I.e. Instead of converting a mesh from  :ff: to  :ffvstr: it would convert from  :ffvstr: to  :ff:.

Is there a way to do this?

daglob

This has been discussed, and I even have a FF1 Renegade Hulk that was originally in FFv3R. I didn't do it though.

Look around in the hex-editing forum; I think that's where the most recent discussion was (concerning putting Irrational's Tombstone in FF1).

Sioux City Dynamo

u can try importing into blender then export to FF.
Io

hoss20

Quote from: Sioux City Dynamo on October 11, 2014, 10:59:47 PM
u can try importing into blender then export to FF.

I have been successful with doing this for mesh pieces that I then pasted onto a skope. I've even done this with a whole male_basic mesh. What I haven't tried is converting keyframes. I have no idea if this will work. FFVTTR keyframes have a different structure than FF1 keyframes and ones made specifically for FFVTTR (named character.kf, not keyframes.kf) have an even more different structure.

daglob

The Hulk I have uses Male Hulking KF I believe, so he was converted a LOT.

abenavides

I managed to convert the tombstone mesh, but haven't had time to go in and try to "attach" him to another ff mesh so his anims will work.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.