Supergirl TV Series

Started by Midnite, September 10, 2014, 04:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talavar

Now, in addition to less budget, filming in Vancouver is also cheaper, and the show is going to be wholly owned by Warner Brothers, rather than CBS licensing it for a fee.  Those two savings may make up for the budget difference.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I know The Flash has done some pretty awesome special effects with their budget, so they may do okay.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It's been announced that Supergirl will be included in the big CW superhero crossover event, alongside Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It has been announced that Superman will actually be making a full appearance--Like not fuzzed out or from a distance or anything--during the first 2 episodes of season 2.  The role has not been cast yet.

daglob

Kinda wish Tom Welling could get a chance. After all, we have a previous Supergirl, and a previous Superman with recurring roles in the series, so why not a previous "superboy".

catwhowalksbyhimself

A lot of people are hoping for Welling.  I'd be down with it.

Podmark

TOM WELLING! TOM WELLING! TOM WELLING!
That would make me so happy!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Silver Shocker

Yeah I want Tom Welling to do it too. We wuz robbed with that Smallville finale.
Glad to hear Supes is finally going to make a proper appearance in the show. Looking forward to it and glad the show's getting another season.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Talavar

Yeah, I'd be down with Tom Welling, and I wasn't even a big Smallville fan.

JeyNyce

You guys know what this means, right?

With Flash doing the whole Flashpoint thing, He's going to be resetting the DCTV universe and this will bring Supergirl in to the universe and with Superman coming, things are going get very exciting!
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Glitch Girl

Justice League CW?  I'm down for it.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Podmark

The creators have said Clark will appear in the first two episodes of the season. I wonder if it might be a send off? Through Flashpoint or some other means Supergirl might transfer to Earth 1, and perhaps the creators want to get Superman in there before they have her leave. Just a thought.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Kal says he is going to check out Krypton's orbit to see if something is fishy, maybe?  ;)

catwhowalksbyhimself

The series ended with an escape pod from Krypton arriving, so obviously whatever it is is something he wants to check out too, that's all.  Besides, it only makes sense that he'd show up eventually.  I think there's no use reading any more into it.

daglob

Yeah, I'm really in the group hoping for Krypto.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Lex Luthor is now also confirmed for the first two episodes.  Joining the cast will be Lena Luther, Lex's sister, Snapper Carr, and the Science Police headed by a Maggie that may be based on the comic book police officer by that name.  A head scientist from the Cadmus project is also being cast.  All this makes me think Superboy is increasingly likely.

abenavides

I listened to an interview with one of the Supergirl directors who said they had actually filmed a scene (that was not used) this past year (in the Fortress I think) that had a quick shot of Krypto's dog bowl. :)
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Glitch Girl

Superman has been cast. 

He'll be played by Tyler Hoechlin

Physically, I think it's a great match. That first picture of him on the Google summary really looks like Clark Kent with a beard.  I'm not familiar with his body of work, but signs are looking positive. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Silver Shocker

Grumble grumble muh Tom Welling.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Podmark

Ahh I was really hoping for Welling. I agree GG Hoechlin looks like a good match. Anyway really looking forward to Kal showing up.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Podmark

A photo Superman has been released.

I quite like the top half. The belt looks strange but I'd want to see a different angle.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Talavar

It looks pretty good, though I wish it had red trunks to break up all that blue.  The belt isn't enough.

daglob

People seem to forget that the shorts aren't just underoos, they are a design element.

The pulp version of The Black Hood used 'em as athletic supporters. :)

BentonGrey

Yep, they exist for specific real-life purposes, and for aesthetic reasons.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Murdock

Superman looks terrible. Their faces looks like they were photoshopped on their bodies. His body and face looks skinny. A terrible match up.
Taking a break due to RL issues.

abenavides

Agree that the official 1st photo looks bit "off" (bad photoshop job?)

There are new set photos that (though blurry) look a bit better.

http://lrmonline.com/news/set-photos-and-videos-gives-you-another-look-at-tyler-hoechlin-as-superman-in-supergirl-season-two
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

daglob

The cape clips look unnecessary, the boots look clunky (one pic looks like he's thinking "God, that's a clunky looking boot"). I can't say I'm a fan of the textured costume; it looks like they are trying (and failing) to hide the fact that the is abundant padding under it.

The actor actually looks pretty good. None of the live-action Supermen (Reeve, Reeves, Allan, Routh, Cain) were big beefy men, and Hoechiln, while not a beanpole, isn't either.

C'mon; it would be nearly impossible to find someone who looked like a Neal Adams Superman...

Murdock

Quote from: abenavides on July 30, 2016, 02:05:20 PM
Agree that the official 1st photo looks bit "off" (bad photoshop job?)

There are new set photos that (though blurry) look a bit better.

http://lrmonline.com/news/set-photos-and-videos-gives-you-another-look-at-tyler-hoechlin-as-superman-in-supergirl-season-two

Agree. The new set photos look much better now. His hair, face and body looks way better there.
Taking a break due to RL issues.

Silver Shocker

Miss Martian confirmed. Also Mon-El.

NICE. I've wanted them to add Miss Martian to this show for a long time. Her teaming up with Supergirl will be a good fit. I wonder if she'll be anything like the comic or cartoon version or totally different. The personality, maybe not, but considering how good Martian Manhunter looks, they'll probably do a good job on her design. Casting a black actress makes sense, considering J'onn Jonzz, but will her true identity as a White Martian be adapted for the show? Considering they've already introduced them in the show, I'm guessing yes.
~Rocky Balboa

catwhowalksbyhimself

Miss Martian just makes too much sense, and her White Martian origin will also work well, plus it adds some drama with J'onn having to deal with having this member of the race that kills his around.  Could be really good if done right.