News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Help with a scope

Started by daglob, August 15, 2014, 09:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Okay, this picture:

The woman on the left is the Golden Age Black Widow from Atlas/Marvel. I was thinking of either Grenedier's Scarlet Witch or Moondragon with some bootcuffs scoped on, maybe some cape ornaments, and such, but HOW would I go about doing that hair?

...and for you Silver Age art fan, take a close look at the signiature.

SickAlice

1.) Any other shots of that specific hairstyle? I recall a lot of images of classic Widow's but for some reason this style of hair doesn't come to mind.
2.) The how is pretty easy. Take an already existing poofy hairstyle, like full hair for instance and grab the vertices that flow away from the back of the head. Move and rotate them up into that position. Then scale them down so they pinch towards the center of the bundle. That's about it. The hairstyles added to the Susan Storm pack nif I released are conformed to Gren females (SW and Moondragon included) BTW, and aren't weighted so the 3d models can be extracted and changed at your leisure. If you can't get it I'll be happy to whip that together for you, it won't take me much time to do.

daglob

Yeah, that's easy for you to say; Blender has already put me in my place once today. Will the hairstyles go on a FF1 mesh? I'm trying to do some stuff that will either convert, or just do two scopes.

I have never seen this version of The Black Widow either; it's from USA Comics #5 (I think). All the other versions look pretty much the same as the one I've already done.

hoss20

Quote from: daglob on August 16, 2014, 07:49:27 PM
Yeah, that's easy for you to say; Blender has already put me in my place once today. Will the hairstyles go on a FF1 mesh? I'm trying to do some stuff that will either convert, or just do two scopes.

I have never seen this version of The Black Widow either; it's from USA Comics #5 (I think). All the other versions look pretty much the same as the one I've already done.

For what it's worth, I've had success taking FFVTTR pieces into Blender and then saving them as FF1. I have then been able to paste those pieces onto an FF1 skope. I remember taking the goggles from one of Ren's Hydra meshes, which are FFVTTR exclusive. Now, I haven't attempted a retro conversion of a full mesh and keyframes, but I know that this will work for mesh pieces.

SickAlice

I'll whip it up for you then. It'll be uploaded and linked here by tonight. A few things.
1.) Easy for anyone to say. I've seen your artistic skill and believe your capable of learning this. It's no more than moving vertices around (scaling them is S key after selection).
2.) That's a tricky question because the base meshes you spoke of using are not the old version meshes. Pieces from them won't skope onto old FF1 meshes and vice-versa. Another thing is those meshes have the Gren female body which actually has a different head type than other female meshes, in other words a piece fitted to those heads wouldn't be fitted to other female bodies and would have to be remade to fit those (like female_basic or Ink's female_bald, which also have different heads than each other). I do believe hoss's method would work though as well. Else what you could do is export the mesh than open a FF1 mesh of choice that has hair already in 3d program of choice, import the new hair and line it up to that meshes hair, delete everything but the new hair, export the new hair as a 3d model and import it using nifskope.

SickAlice

Here. I put the hair piece on Gren's Moondragon (it can be skoped over to his other females all the same). I removed all the rest of the physical data from the mesh except the body which was left as a placeholder. I deleted the keyframes to keep the size down and I also lightened the values on the body.

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/temp/widowhair.rar

daglob

Thank you both. I pasted the advice into my help file, to use in the future. and I've downloaded the hair; I'll see what I can do with it.