News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Workbench page updates

Started by SickAlice, July 05, 2014, 05:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

On this page you'll find things to help you build on your game like basic meshes, add-ons and tutorials. I'll also be putting any odd experiments I come up with here.

BASICS

Two kids in one pack. Male_basic_kid was created by deforming a male_basic mesh to Afghan Ant's Supergirl mesh, weighting it to that and putting the new mesh into the nif hierarchy. Female_basic_kid was likewise using a female_bald mesh. I also removed the mesh ear nubs and put on attached ears and put in some hair for placement. Both conform to the basic skin standards.

male2femINK
This is male_basic converted to INK's female meshes for skopers. Aside the normal stuff the mesh also has the typical female cape and ponytail bones as well as the wobble so that keys that call for them can be used and the parts easily skoped into this. I also added a handle for ease in sizing. As well a hidden male muscular tall is included (Colossus) that also conforms to INK females. The meshes use to the male basic effects textures.

This is Gren's/JP's female converted to conform to Gren male meshes for skopers. A vert or two may drag (clavicles I think) but this was as close as I could get it.

Basics More Faces pack
The point of these nifs is to give modders a jump in sculpting. When working with a mesh in a 3d program like say Blender often one may find it's hard to sculpt any sort of a proper shape with the given vertices/faces in the basic bodies. That's of course because the classic bodies (female basic, male basic and so on) have such a limited amount of polygons to begin with. So for example you may try and make a boot or glove cuff that's a certain shape but fail because your limited to six or so vertices, or because there aren't enough rows of them. These nifs solve that issue by having an increased number of faces. Now you should have an easier time making costumes and such. Included are increased face versions of male basic, female bald and male heavy. All of the above have also had JP's fingered hands welded on because who doesn't want fingers to work with? With the increased faces for that matter it should be easier to decide how many fingers they have or to make claws even.
For the un-initiated Ewwzy has made a beginners tutorial on how to use Blender to move vertices and faces here:
http://www.freedomforce.ewzzy.com/Blender.php

Female buff body is a mesh a made previously for the character Stunner by screwing around with Gren's Hercules until it looked female. It comes with three meshes: A regular version which is visible, a heeled version and a stone/ice bodied one the latter two which are hidden.

This is a bare bones nif for skopers to make Spider-man with ease.

MBtoTeen is male_teen_14 resized and weighted to male_basic then shrunk at the handle (.85). This is so skopers can easily have sidekicks that retain the keyframes of normal sized male basic meshes either by skoping the body into the other mesh and changing the handle accordingly or by skoping the body in and transplanting the provided handle.

MaleBasicSackboy is a male_basic mesh fitted to the Sackboy frame.

Malebasic2Spidey is a male basic with JPhands welded on that I deformed to match the portions of the Spidey mesh from Marvel Heroes. This is for skopers and skinners so they can use the Spidey bits without the constraints of the actual Marvel Heroes body. It isn't exact but most pieces should line up with little resistance. One can either skope the parts from that nif to this one as they wish (to save on space of course) or simply drop this body in the other nif.

Hands by Johnny Patches sliced off and put on a male basic frame. I also included the FF1 parts though they'll need to be skoped onto a FF1 male_basic nif to use them.

EXPERIMENTS

Bucket A Chicken contains two meshes. One happened when I skoped Irrationals chicken mesh on to male basic, the second was I deformed a male basic to match the chicken mesh and weighted it to the chicken.

The Sketch is what happened when I experimented with trying to get a character as thin as possible and with breaking Blenders scale rules.
He actually looks like he's made of paper even during animations. In many animations his hands go funny but I think it adds to how hilariously
strange this one looks.

You can never have enough chicken so I made the Chickensaurus. It's Irrational's Chicken on Irrational's T-Rex. There's a seam rip in the side that I can't seem to resolve otherwise it looks, well no it's a Chickensaurus it looks weird anyway.

Chicken Heavy is Irrational's chicken on male_heavy. Naturally you can skope it into any male_heavy mesh.

"Come! X-Chicken!" - Magneto, X-Men Arcade Game
For chicken female basic Ink I took INK's female and removed body and replaced it with Irrational's chicken. I made this into an X-Chicken pack, including Chicken Phoenix, Chicken Psylocke and Chicken Storm. For Chicken Phoenix I also removed INK's Phoenix and replaced that with Irrational's chicken as well. Ooh La-la!

The second X-Chicken pack is the same as above but applied to INK's Kitty, Emma and Rogue. I resized some costume parts and also made a chicken version of Lockheed for Kitty.

Peeman is my "defaultguy" for any and all tests and experiments I run on FFVTTR. I made the body with clearly little effort and he's on male basic. He also comes with a surplus of hero files for FFX. There's pretty much no reason you'd actually want this doofus but there he is anyways.

TUTORIALS
Uploaded a PDF Tutorial by Windblown on how to make pieces of a mesh hide and appear during animations and Randomdays tutorial on using Blender
to bring a 3d model into a game character.

Added an illustrated guide on how to switch a weapon from one hand to the other by Cyber Burn.

These can be downloaded at the following link:
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/workbench.html

daglob

Need to read on Sketch. I want to make a silly silver Age Wonder Woman villain who is badically an animated newspaper.

And you thought Glop and Egg Fu were silly...

spydermann93

Podmark

Great idea for a workbench section SA. I think that will be a great contribution to the community.
Those kid meshes should be useful, and the flat mesh seems neat.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

trebean

The Sketch heavily reminds me of Flatman from GLA (Great Lakes Avenger)
Nice Work!

SickAlice

Added male2femaleINK, Grenfemale2male and Basics More Faces Pack.

Cyber Burn

I am really enjoying watching the Workbench grow. There's some really great stuff on this page, and I am eagerly awaiting the next update.  :D

Podmark

Those are some intriguing new works. Curious to see what people make from them.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

I cobbled together the Gren2F for a Rescue/Pepper Potts I'm attempting with Gren's/JP's Iron Man. I'm having a few problems with that one that are holding it up right now.

The male2femINK was made for Phoenix 5 meshes I'm working on. I forgot to mention there that male keys can easily be inserted into the female keyframe sets with that since the faces are still in the correct place, like with keyframetransfer for example. If you've ever put a male basic keyframe in a female bald set it tends to result in mesh errors. You won't see them here. A nice feature since most skopers probably don't want the males to retain the female idle postures.

The increased faces ones are based on a technique I use a lot lately to shape meshes. I remembered that I made this page to share stuff that I use to work with and finally decided to pack them. Usually I end up having to increase most of the surface area since the newly divided vertices need ones on the next piece to weld themselves to (in other words with a line of 12 vertices against the normal 6 will lead to a ripped seam). I forgot to mention here that these should your skins look a little better (I think?) as well especially when making lines or lettering on a costume. Normally when those things are textured between verts they tend to " smear " during animations. With this set up it should be easier to avoid that and get sharper looking results. The female texture is a little different from the norm as well having the JP thumbs beneath the torso where otherwise they would overlap the foot soles.

I'm anxious to see what anyone makes as well.

SickAlice

spydermann93

:blink:

And I thought Poundcakes was big! :lol:

Great work, SA! :thumbup:

SickAlice

If any of you wish she can be sized down, I'm pretty sure I just increased the overall value in the handle like usual. She was that big for Stunner from Superior Spider-man (using the comics as a reference Ock only stood up to about her waist) but the mesh doesn't have to be much like how users tend to vary the dimensions of male muscular tall meshes. Also the gloss on the cubed body can be diminished via it's appropriate setting of course. I thought about that last night though. As it is I tend to use the same technique for stone bodies as the classic one for ice bodies. Perhaps I should give stone bodies increased faces though? Feel free to weigh in.

Cyber Burn

Honestly, when I think of a "Stone" Character, the first one that pops to mind is "Absorbing Man", so I don't know if I would add anything else to it.

SickAlice

Added Spidey Basic.

Does whatever a SickAlice can.

Or something.

SickAlice

SickAlice

SickAlice

Added Chickensaurus, chicken heavy and chicken female basic Ink/Uncanny X-Chicken pack..

^omit the previous two posts, moved to another section.

SickAlice

Added a second X-Chicken pack.

spydermann93

:lol:

I'm absolutely loving these chickens, SA! :thumbup:

daglob

My granddaughter will love the X-Chickens. She gets a kick out of MB Chicken and Chickenman.

SickAlice

I'm glad. I really didn't think they would get any kind of reception and just act as space filler to be honest. That thing about your granddaughter actually made my week. I used to show my niece an animated gif here (probably in the archives now) titled " The Omega Darkseid Dance ". She would literally roll around the carpet laughing herself purple at that.

Added Peeman.

SickAlice

SickAlice

Updated GrenJP female to male and uploaded a new nif. There's still some natural clav drag but it isn't as pronounced on the left as it was previously. I also corrected some other flaw: X value was off by 0.0001 so that's fixed now, the lightmap had the wrong assignment in the original and the brightness value had the wrong numbers. All of this fixed in the new version as well I added an alpha channel.

abenavides

Wow. never saw this before. Cool stuff.
I must use Peeman in a future mod.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

SickAlice

Thanks. I should update this a bit more. I made a lot of bodies for certain meshes especially the various Lantern Corps that I have floating around and haven't converted to basics as well as a handful of experiments on my hard drive. I'm sure all that could be use to someone. If your serious about using Peeman take note that he is ridiculously overpowered and you may want to nerf him a bit.

SickAlice

SickAlice

Added Malebasic2Spidey.

* off the top of my head the parts that may be problematic are the eyelets, heads and bare feet. I matched those to the vertice on the original model. With some tinkering though mainly by kicking the size up or down a notch or two I think a skoper should be able to make something of it. Hope this helps.

SickAlice

Added an illustrated step by step FX tutorial in PDF format by Cyber Burn. Thanks again for the file friend.

SickAlice

Added a PDF tutorial on how to switch a weapon from one hand to the other by Cyber Burn.