News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Using FFX 3.3 in your mod

Started by abenavides, June 05, 2014, 01:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

I read the online page that talks about using FFX 3.3 in your mod, summarixed as:

◾Copy the 'mod' folder scripts into your mod's folder
◾Merge Dat files
◾Update and recompile your string table
◾Run FFX Control Centre on your mod folder and Save to create the remaining files
◾Check all missions reference cshelper instead of cshelperS if you previously had the mod going with FFX
◾Check all mission code for setMission() and change all Mission_SetSunlight()'s to sun()'s. (The argumnents are the same).
◾Tidy up voiceID's, puppets and other extras if you need to.

Wouldn't I also have to copy the whole FFX folder over to get all the special FFX meshes/skins which are used for some powers/attributes?
I did and noticed it's about 102mb - there seems to be some FFv3R campaign files here (updated for ffx I assume) - 30mb art and 50mb missions - can I safely remove that?

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

BentonGrey

The simplest thing is to copy another FFX 3.3 enabled mod.  That way you know you get everything you need.  You can safely remove the manual and any missions you aren't using, but you'll want the art assets in the FFX art folders.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 05, 2014, 02:18:04 AM
The simplest thing is to copy another FFX 3.3 enabled mod.  That way you know you get everything you need.  You can safely remove the manual and any missions you aren't using, but you'll want the art assets in the FFX art folders.

Yep.  I just copied the "ffx3" folder and made all of the modifications that I saw fit for my mod.  I just built on what was already there rather than trying to round out my square wheel :P

BentonGrey

Feel free to copy one of mine if that is helpful, Alex.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/