News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Force Yahoo Groups

Started by kkhohoho, June 04, 2014, 06:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkhohoho

So, I've been getting back into  :ffvstr: lately, and I've been trying to join various Yahoo groups to get at the treasure-troves of content within. The problem is that, with around half of them or so, I can't join. I'm Signed In, I press the 'Join Group' button, and I enter the letter code in, but half the time, I then get a message saying that there's been an error and that the content can't load, and because of that, I can't get at much of that content. I've also tried three different browsers; Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer. None of them solve my problem. Is anyone else having this issue, or is it just me? And if it's just me, does anyone know of a way to get around this issue?
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

spydermann93

Quote from: kkhohoho on June 04, 2014, 06:48:19 PM
So, I've been getting back into  :ffvstr: lately, and I've been trying to join various Yahoo groups to get at the treasure-troves of content within. The problem is that, with around half of them or so, I can't join. I'm Signed In, I press the 'Join Group' button, and I enter the letter code in, but half the time, I then get a message saying that there's been an error and that the content can't load, and because of that, I can't get at much of that content. I've also tried three different browsers; Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer. None of them solve my problem. Is anyone else having this issue, or is it just me? And if it's just me, does anyone know of a way to get around this issue?

Would it be possible to take a screenshot of the error?

It might help to solve your problem.

daglob

It could also be a temporary problem and Yahoo will fix it shortly (Yahoo's definition of shortly, not yours). They have been having a lot of problems since they started "fixing" things so that they would be "better".

kkhohoho

I took a screenshot, but I don't know how to upload it. If anyone wants it to look at it though, just send me your email address and I'll email the screenshot over to you.

spydermann93

Quote from: kkhohoho on June 04, 2014, 07:35:31 PM
I took a screenshot, but I don't know how to upload it. If anyone wants it to look at it though, just send me your email address and I'll email the screenshot over to you.

Imgur is a good site to upload pictures to.

Alternatively, you could send it to my email (holy_pilgrim90@yahoo.com), and I'll upload it for you. :)

kkhohoho

Quote from: spydermann93 on June 04, 2014, 09:39:37 PM
Quote from: kkhohoho on June 04, 2014, 07:35:31 PM

Alternatively, you could send it to my email (holy_pilgrim90@yahoo.com), and I'll upload it for you. :)

Thanks. Will do. :)

spydermann93

hoss20

Have you tried using a different browser? I know after Yahoo made their initial change to Neo and nothing worked correctly, I couldn't join any new groups while using Explorer and I had to use Firefox. I see you are using Firefox, so maybe the opposite is true now. I know that I can now join while using Explorer, so maybe whatever update was performed to correct the Explorer functioning is now affecting Firefox.

kkhohoho

Quote from: hoss20 on June 05, 2014, 02:10:18 AM
Have you tried using a different browser? I know after Yahoo made their initial change to Neo and nothing worked correctly, I couldn't join any new groups while using Explorer and I had to use Firefox. I see you are using Firefox, so maybe the opposite is true now. I know that I can now join while using Explorer, so maybe whatever update was performed to correct the Explorer functioning is now affecting Firefox.

As I said, I've already tried two different browsers other than Firefox, just yesterday; Explorer, and Google-Chrome. None of them worked.

Cyber Burn

There have been some instances where I have had to try 4-5 times before I was able to join a group, I know it stinks, but it's worth a try.

hoss20

Quote from: kkhohoho on June 05, 2014, 02:20:44 AM
Quote from: hoss20 on June 05, 2014, 02:10:18 AM

As I said, I've already tried two different browsers other than Firefox, just yesterday; Explorer, and Google-Chrome. None of them worked.

Sorry, kkhohoho, I completely skimmed over that in your initial post. I'm guilty of just committing one of my pet peeves.

kkhohoho

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 05, 2014, 03:59:31 AM
There have been some instances where I have had to try 4-5 times before I was able to join a group, I know it stinks, but it's worth a try.

I just spent the last few minutes trying to join Bobby69's group 100 times, and I still got the same message. <_<

Cyber Burn

Hmmm, I wonder if something on your computer's settings is blocking you.

Until this gets figured out, if there are specific Meshes you need, I would be glad to send any I have your way.

SickAlice

I have this same issue depending on which internet connection/pc I'm using. I take my laptop to a different wifi connection and don't have the issue there.

Cyber Burn

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else having an issue with Yahoo Groups when downloading files? Basically, anything I try to download now has an underscore right before the name. For example, if I try to download "Spider-Man", it comes up as "_Spider-Man". Kind of annoying if you've already downloaded files from the Group, because now you have 2 of the same file.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 10, 2014, 09:20:35 PM
Just out of curiosity, is anyone else having an issue with Yahoo Groups when downloading files? Basically, anything I try to download now has an underscore right before the name. For example, if I try to download "Spider-Man", it comes up as "_Spider-Man". Kind of annoying if you've already downloaded files from the Group, because now you have 2 of the same file.

Yeah. I get the same thing.  I use "Internet Download Manager" to download my files, so I can at least rename the files.  It's tedious at times, but not too annoying simply because the tool make my life easier.

Cyber Burn

I usually "Right Click" on what I am downloading, then "Save Target As", then I have the options of where to save the file, and what to name it. Of course if I'm not paying close attention, the I forget to remove the underscore from the file name. So while it's not a big issue, it's just one of those annoying things.

hoss20

I'm not having any trouble with downloads, but I was wondering if anyone else, when viewing files, has them sorted by Date. Every group I go to now, I have to change the view to alphabetical order to find the file I'm looking for quicker. I know it's not a huge deal, but the groups always used to be set in alphabetical order, even after the switch to Neo, so I don't understand why this is happening now. I guess the big question is; how do I change my settings to view alphabetically by default? I can't even make the sorting format stay in my own group.

Cyber Burn

I haven't figured out yet how to set the alphabetical listing by default, I always seem to have to manually set it.

spydermann93

Same here. :thumbdown:

Not even the "Yahoo Help" was helpful. :(

Cyber Burn

For a while now, I've been having issues with Yahoo Groups, but now, I can't even access Yahoo Groups at all. I can log into Yahoo, no problem, but when I click on "Groups", I get an error message.

Same thing every time. I've tried going to individual groups, I've tried different links, I've tried just getting into the "Groups" home page. Same error message, every time.  :banghead:

Is anyone else having this issue?

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 05, 2014, 11:04:22 PM
For a while now, I've been having issues with Yahoo Groups, but now, I can't even access Yahoo Groups at all. I can log into Yahoo, no problem, but when I click on "Groups", I get an error message.

Same thing every time. I've tried going to individual groups, I've tried different links, I've tried just getting into the "Groups" home page. Same error message, every time.  :banghead:

Is anyone else having this issue?

Have you tried a different browser, like Firefox or Chrome?

You might also want to clear out your cache, just incase something went awry.

Cyber Burn

:doh: Clearing out the cache worked. Thanks Spyder!