Celsius ffrom Doom Patrol. Ms. America Marvel mesh, more

Started by nude07, March 31, 2014, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nude07

The original Celsius from doom patrol with loincloth and particular hairdo needs a mesh and a skin. I don't remember if there was one years ago. Does anybody have one or can whip one up. I can of course find a link to the ddc who's who entry if needed. I am in the original game, so dds stuff won't do. I was into FF1 a decade ago and am getting back into it. I stupidly didn't save a lot of later meshes and skins.... :banghead:

I have a long list of faulty meshes that do not work properly (about 30). can these be fixed?  Also, why do almost all skopes give a null pointer error in character tool 1? when I load them in game all I get is a bounding box. I don't know where to find chr tool 2 if that would help.

OH, also looking for Marvels Ms. America (mesh and skin). here was a great mesh someone made years ago and I can't find it anywhere now. maybe ink or grenadier did it.

I may as well ask... I found Texas Jacks cowboy mesh that has pants tucked into boots, ideal for lone ranger or vigilante, but the keys are missing (wasteland gunslinger). Even though I have other versions of his cowboys, none of them seem to work. does anyone have those keys?

I like the old version of DC's vixen with the wolverine hair, but the only one I can find has the wolverine hair too long and it doesn't look right. is there a mesh for a female with a kind of wolvie hairdo?

also looking for Marvel's Blue Diamond. fortunately there are plenty of male meshes, so a skin would be fine

Marvel's Mesmero. I remember a great mesh for him but it wasn't Tommyboy's which is the only one I can find now.

Also looking for Circus of crime Livewire, Blackwing and Rajah. I think I remember these, but am not positive. Also a Mesh for Montana and Hammer Harrison from Marvel's Enforcers. the original ones. I used the Porkpie mesh  for Fancy Dan, but if there is a better one, please let me know.

Lastly (for now) Jinx from DC's original Fearsome 5. Pretty sure someone did that mesh and skin too.

Thanks in advance for any help. can you get my email from my profile? if not I will provide.

Cyber Burn

I may have some of these, but to make sure you're getting what you want, reference pics would be very helpful.

QuoteI have a long list of faulty meshes that do not work properly (about 30). can these be fixed?  Also, why do almost all skopes give a null pointer error in character tool 1? when I load them in game all I get is a bounding box. I don't know where to find chr tool 2 if that would help.

Can you take a screenshot of the error message you're getting, that might help as well. Also, stating which Meshes are giving you issues may help sort things out as well.

laughing paradox

I skinned the Fearsome Five a long while ago.

You can get those skins here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/lpdox/files

Ok, I just looked it up and I forgot Prem is now hosting FXForce, so you can find the Jinx mesh here:

http://frp.unlimited2.net/fxforce/public_html/TTMOD/TITANMESH.html

SickAlice

Vigalante did the Ms.America one. Easy guess as he handled most of the golden age characters. He took that file down though so you'll probably need a new one made for you. I don't do FF1 stuff myself, but you could pretty much skope the skirt from Ink's Marvel Girl Rachel onto whatever mesh that has a cape and the hair you'd think fits the character and you'd have ready to skin Ms. America.

Cyber Burn

You'll also  find the Blue Diamond and Miss America, as well as a bunch of other Golden Age type Characters here:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/The_Golden_Age_FLASH_22798/info

These are all meant for the original  :ff: game.

Also, for your Character Tool problem, did you install the Update for it? if not, it is located here at the bottom of the page:

http://www.freedomfans.com/modforce/character.php

If you're only playing FF1, then you shouldn't need Character Tool2 (CTool2), as it is meant for  :ffvstr:.

I also highly recommend checking out the Master Skin List (AKA: The Megalist) by Cripp12, it's an extremely useful item for finding Skins and Meshes, it is also a great way to familiarize yourself with various Fan-Made Websites, though it has been a while since it's been updated. The Megalist is located here:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/cripp12/info

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have that Mesh by Texas jack, so I can't help you there. If I send you my E-Mail address by PM, would you be willing to send it to me please? I'd love to check it out. Thank you.

And just out of curiosity, do you have a list of the Meshes that you are having issues with? There may be updated versions of the Characters floating around.

nude07

Cyber burn I don't get an error message on the faulty meshes like courtnall 6's anti batman. most just don't show up or parts don't. oh wait. DUH...
unable to open file  Null node pointer error.  (I went and tried to open the ATTuma Skope h20.)
I get this for all of the in game 70's versions bullet, el diablo and the ant, batman1st skope, CarolDanvers skope, Emma Frost EMP, Firestar Spiderfriends, Gamora skope h20, Geoforce_LP, HarleyQuinn_InkGrenDCU, Hydroman_GA, Johnny_QuickII_VX_hex, a cool looking Sleestak_tvlSkope, Vetor and Vapor skopes h20 and some more. there are more, but that's a good start. I can get more specific if needed. I an list each mesh and creator via the readme files and exactly what hapens, although the null pointer error is typical.
Boy am I greedy!
But even if I don't get answers on these, thanks a bunch just for answering.

Okay, I didn't remember that about chr tool two. (lol) thanks. I will get into that again at some point though, so it is nice to know. I didn't like the camera restrictions in vttr and how they handled the ability for ground chrs to attack flying foes. the lighting was real weird too as i recall, but it was still cool.

I don't think I did do the update for chr tool. will check it out. although I thought I saved that version and that was what I was using. says v 1.2 on it.

Thanks a mil for all the links. I have already dl'd teh fearsome five and others there. will check out the groups next.

nude07

OH, Thanks Laughing PAradox for those mesh links. that helped quite a bit!

Cyber Burn

The 70's versions of the Irrational Characters are  :ffvstr: specific, if I remember correctly. I also believe that the others you mentioned may be  :ffvstr: specific Skopes as well. That may be the problem you're having, and the reason why you're getting error messages.

nude07

I suspected that they were 3d R meshes, but I always check to see that they have tga files and if they do, I assume they are supposed to work with the original. This is one of my pet peeves. Many posted files do not distinguish between versions of the game, or even if it is a mesh or skin. It is so disappointing when you think you are getting a mesh and it ends up being a skin for a mesh you don't have and ha e never even heard of and the link (if provided) where it is supposed to be is defunct. Same with keyframes that I can't find.  sure, it makes the zip bigger, but actually useful. It is okay if it uses some version of basic keys, but some esoteric mesh....

Oh, here's a link to a Pic of the original Celsius in Doom Patrol
http://dc1980s.blogspot.com/2013/03/1987-doom-patrol-1.html

I am trying to find a mesh for the original Negative woman's energy being too. I settled on a female longhair and used a base skin turned to black and white, turned negative and with a purplish/lavender reflection and it looks pretty good, but it needs a purple aura and an energy trail...I saw over at FXForce where someone hexed a bunch of shorthaired female basic meshes with different auras, but that does me little good. I also had a devil of a time finding a mesh for a woman with bootcuffs. odd. I skinned it to look like the original Negative woman and it came out pretty good.   I fudged Tempest with a low collar mesh that can't be skinned well and didn't have high boots or pointy shoulders. oh well.

thanks again for all the help. at the very least it is good to talk to someone interested in this stuff. I plan on trying to learn to edit meshes if I have that much brains.

AfghanAnt

You could probably skope Windblown's Oya mesh for Celesius.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on April 03, 2014, 01:46:52 PM
You could probably skope Windblown's Oya mesh for Celesius.

Thinking about it, you could probably Skope Lord Ehmsidy's "Crymson" Mesh onto Renegade's "Thermite" Mesh. It would take a little time, but you would have the fire and ice effects on the hands.

Quote from: nude07 on April 02, 2014, 11:12:20 PM
I suspected that they were 3d R meshes, but I always check to see that they have tga files and if they do, I assume they are supposed to work with the original. This is one of my pet peeves. Many posted files do not distinguish between versions of the game, or even if it is a mesh or skin. It is so disappointing when you think you are getting a mesh and it ends up being a skin for a mesh you don't have and ha e never even heard of and the link (if provided) where it is supposed to be is defunct. Same with keyframes that I can't find.  sure, it makes the zip bigger, but actually useful. It is okay if it uses some version of basic keys, but some esoteric mesh....

Unfortunately, you can't go by whether a file has (DDS) or (TGA) textures to determine which game that file is for. For example, I have made a few Skopes for an unreleased Mod that was for  :ff: that used (DDS) textures. I had set up the Mesh pieces in NifSkope to point specifically to the (DDS) textures.

Also, some content creators make things for certain games, like Daglob, who creates for  :ff:, or myself, who creates for  :ffvstr:. You would have to find out who does what.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: nude07 on April 02, 2014, 11:12:20 PM
thanks again for all the help. at the very least it is good to talk to someone interested in this stuff. I plan on trying to learn to edit meshes if I have that much brains.

I meant to post this before, but I am always willing to talk FF. :D

nude07

Sorry it took so long to reply. I am working on organizing my meshes and getting all the new ones I can find. I have been doing this for 4 months so far. (lol)

Here's a link to pics of some I mentioned I want and a few more.
http://paulsnewtek.blogspot.com/2014/04/freedom-force-mesh-wants.html

I don't even have a clue what Skoping is or how much the program costs, much less how to do it. I am going to try to learn how to use that mesh editor I think Alex made. From what I have read, skoping allows one to take parts of one mesh and join them to another. VERY COOL!

I've made it about 1/3 through the master mesh list. I am editing it as i go and will one day post it for everyone, if I get there. whew!

Cyber Burn

Check this link out: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Freedom_Force_Resources/

I think in the "Links" section of the Yahoo Group (Possibly under the "Wiki Links" section), there should be information about NifSkope. It is a free program, and there are few Tutorials floating around regarding how to use it. If I understand correctly, it's much more versatile than a Hex Editor.

Also, a list of what is currently available I the above Group is located here: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=56869.0

daglob

I've done Gravity Girl. She's at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/characterobscura2minionsandmisc/info.

There are very nice versions of Thundar, Airiel, and Ookla, but I can't remember who did them, and a search for apporpriate posts comes up empty (I think either Randomdays, Phantom Stranger, or Saturdaycartoon_squared or something like that). I believe that someone else has done The Galaxy Trio too, but I'm not at home and can't look it up.

I could have sworn thare was a Celcius; I may need to fix that. There are also a couple of Green Lama's, one by Soux City Dynamo, if I remember correctly.

I've been wishing for NorthAm robots for years...

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on April 19, 2014, 07:26:00 PM
I've done Gravity Girl. She's at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/characterobscura2minionsandmisc/info.

There are very nice versions of Thundar, Airiel, and Ookla, but I can't remember who did them, and a search for apporpriate posts comes up empty (I think either Randomdays, Phantom Stranger, or Saturdaycartoon_squared or something like that). I believe that someone else has done The Galaxy Trio too, but I'm not at home and can't look it up.

I could have sworn thare was a Celcius; I may need to fix that. There are also a couple of Green Lama's, one by Soux City Dynamo, if I remember correctly.

I've been wishing for NorthAm robots for years...

Thundarr and Friends were all done by Bevo :)

nude07

Thanks DaGlob, I found all three of the galaxy Trio there at character obscura a few weeks back, but I want character specific meshes for them. like Meteor man works pretty good on a male heavy, but it doesn't have his pointy ears (I also had to edit the skin), and I want a mesh with that particular Alex Toth woman's hairdo. It is shoulder length and pointed bangs in front. That would work for ariel and gravity girl. It seems taking another mesh like Invisible woman with shoulder length hair and editing just the hair like i want wouldn't take that long, but what do I know? somehow I either missed gravity girl or it didn't dl properly. I have it again now. thanks.

yeah those NorAm robots are just SO cool. I think to do them right their arms would have to work like real flexible metal tubing, which is to say that they would not bend at elbows and knees, but curve over the total length of the arm or leg

nude07

I am pretty sure most of the meshes I had problems with are for 3rdR and that's why I get the null node pointer error.  I will get into 3rdR again one day. It just seems odd that the skins are in tga. I suppose they both work in the game though. 

Afghan Ant, I do plan on learning how to edit these things myself, it is just that right now I don't and last time I tried to learn mesh editing I was unable to get anything to happen and got frustrated fast.

Right now, I have finished (tentatively, pending finding new meshes I want) organizing my meshes. Now I want to edit all the readme files to be concise and all following the same format. one for mesh notes and one for chr notes in every folder ( 303 marvel villain meshes alone, then there are heroes and all of dc and the miscellaneous things I also collected.
I edited most of the skins on them and made many as I went. Once I am all done I will show my work, though I tend to not like all the excessive musculature on most skins. As an art student, I know that a static piece of art needs defined musculature and shading, but a 3d and articulate one needs to let ambient light reveal its definition.

Oh yes, one thing I learned about meshes that do not have parts show up in chr tool, is that if it has fx enabled ( which I think all meshes should have) , then it MUST have the glow and refl files or bits do not show up in chr tool. Oddly, many meshes did not come with those files and I had to create them. Finding keyframes is also a problem these days, but luckily I dl'd every one I could find over a decade ago. The problem is when it wants a set of keys for a mesh I don't have or have rejected in favor of another better one (imo), or in several case, I just can't find the mesh or keys. ARRRRGH!  If I post anything I ever make it will be a complete package, mesh, keys and skins. These days zip size is not that big a deal.

I still have to figure out how to work that shapechange attribute. I didn't understand it last time around and it was new then and I gave up quickly. I had gotten too frustrated at the time. I am retired now, so maybe I will have more patience. I had a lot of meshes I have spent months re-acquiring and didn't save all the newly acquired ones when I got dejected enough to erase it all. (sigh) I figured I'd never come back, yet here I am

Later guys. I have to go read all those tutorials, or save them at least