News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

ummm...hello...frpmods stuff

Started by kuertee, December 13, 2013, 01:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kuertee

hey guys,

it's been a long while since last i was here.

i recently installed FF for my nieces and nephew and would like to play some co-op skirmishes with them.

was anyone able to save files from the old frpmods website - particularly my AI files for both FF and FFvTR.

thanks a bunch. and i've missed modding for this game.
skX2 AI for FF v TTR: beta v0.78f read-me
skX AI for FF: beta 0.8 read-me

kuertee

Nevermind...Google found the new FRP mds site.

And I found my mods here: http://www.mediafire.com/frp#yhzh6qf407vgm

Whew!

Good times ahead! :)

kuertee

Epimethee

Hello Kuertee! Good to see you again and to have your mods officially available once more!
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

spydermann93

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do these mods do exactly?

I'm curious and I'd like to know what they do before I try them out.

stumpy

Kuertee! Welcome back, man! Glad to see you here again and glad that your were able to find and re-host your stuff.  :thumbup:

Spydermann93, check the links kuertee posted. I think they have notes on those mods, which are Rumble Room modes that let you set up different kinds of RR skirmishes. As I recall, kuertee is clever with scripting and AI tweaking, and characters that act more sensibly are a real boon to the game.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Xenolith

yes.  the watch mode was really fun with these mods because the ai characters were not only fighting but on missions as well. IIRC.

kuertee

Quote from: Epimethee on December 14, 2013, 03:15:18 PMHello Kuertee! Good to see you again and to have your mods officially available once more!
Quote from: stumpy on December 14, 2013, 09:28:27 PMKuertee! Welcome back, man! Glad to see you here again and glad that your were able to find and re-host your stuff.  :thumbup:

Hey guys! It's been a while. It's good to see you guys still active in this community.

Quote from: spydermann93 on December 14, 2013, 06:04:46 PMSorry if this is a stupid question, but what do these mods do exactly? I'm curious and I'd like to know what they do before I try them out.

I suppose I never did really explain what these mods did apart from them being an AI mod.

Basically, it's similar to M25 AI's. It's an skirmish AI replacement. Except that rather than the user having to type out AI files, this mod reads through all your game data to find your character's power statistics (e.g. damage, animation time, etc) and uses them in the mod's AI routines.

E.g. here's the raw data for all characters my current game: http://kuertee.zymichost.com/ffvttr/readme/skXData.txt
And here's the log for my last game: http://kuertee.zymichost.com/ffvttr/readme/script.log

See, each power is ranked according to their animation time and their power. And so the mod's AI then uses these to determine which power to use and when.

Of course, apart from that, there are actual AI routines, like "attack or retreat", "retreat to lure" or "actual retreat", "give buff to other player", "transform to alternate form", etc.

E.g. you'll see Law give up her health to heal another or you'll see her transform to Order when she starts to lose.

The AI for FFvTR (i.e. SkX2) only has combat AI. But the AI for FF (i.e. SkX) has actual objective AI - hence the other game modes like Capture and hold, Capture the flag and Rugby (i.e. get the ball to the opponents base).

After playing a bit of SkX2, I actually have an update for it in the next few days. The damned retreat AI for characters with burrowing and invisibility were making them constantly burrow and invisible - and so making killing them off impossible. In the new update, they'll only burrow or make themselves invisible if they have another teammate alive. Otherwise, they'll fight to the death. And the dinosaur characters were simply not receiving the AI, so I'll remove the SkX AI from them. And lastly, I'll remove the "worker_ant" from the spawn list because for some reason it is not targettable.

spydermann93

This sounds quite incredible, kuertee! :blink:

I can't wait to try it out.  I appreciate you giving a description of your mod.  Thanks :)

Xenolith

I'm going to reinstall FFvTR if you are going to update your mod!  Looking forward to it.

kuertee

Quote from: spydermann93 on December 15, 2013, 01:23:59 AM
This sounds quite incredible, kuertee! :blink: I can't wait to try it out.  I appreciate you giving a description of your mod.  Thanks :)
Thanks. I wished I had even a little bit of story telling talent. I would have loved to build a campaign around these AI.

Quote from: Xenolith on December 15, 2013, 01:42:35 AM
I'm going to reinstall FFvTR if you are going to update your mod!  Looking forward to it.
I'll release an update to SkX2 sometime in the next week. It will apply to both SkX and SkXFFX3.

Unfortunately, as I've found out this afternoon, SkX2FFX3 is not compatible with FFX3.3.1 characters. I had to uninstall FFX3.3.1 completely and install FFX3.1 from here: http://fundamentzero.com/index_games.htm. Also, FFXEdit2 crashes in SkX2FFX3.

Although, SkX2FFX3 is self-contained and includes FFX3.1.2a (an updated version of what's available from Fundament Zero site), the FFX3.3.1 custom charaters that already exist in file systems will cause the script to fail. I think as long as no FFX3.3.1 characters are spawned in-game, all will work. The FFX3.1.2a updates to the embedded characters (e.g. Eve's plant control) work, however.

SkX2FFX3 and FFX3 can all get a bit messy. :(

Previsionary

Kuertee! Welcome back. Glad you found the backup site (I would have linked you if I had seen this thread earlier).
Disappear when you least expe--