Issue 57: FX recolouring

Started by Jimaras8, October 22, 2013, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Jimaras8 on December 01, 2013, 10:31:13 PM
Don't be afraid to ask Spyder  :D.

1: I am aware of the technique Benton used especially in his DCUG mod. No, i don;t do that. The keyframes are always in the mesh folder. And to answer your second question as well, i only edit the keyframes if i see a useful animation that connects with power that comes to mind. Thus this happens only on a working mesh as i can the animations and choose what to change. As the received the PLuto mesh form you and CB i have placed it in my custom folder where all mu meshes are kept, didn't touch, only converted it, checked the CT2 tool and there no animations.

Ok, a couple of quick questions.

1.) Are you converting the meshes that Spyder and I sent you?

2.) Can you post the path that your custom characters are in?

For example, my files look like this:

Before my disk drive went out, I had set up my Hero Files to accommodate for the various folders. So, even though I can't view them all in CTool2, I can still see them all in game.

Cyber Burn

More questions for you (I like to follow things through).

1.) Did the "Pluto_T" mesh by Tommyboy work for you?

2.) Did you rename the meshes, or any part of them?

3.) Can you send me both the Grenadier mesh and the Tommyboy mesh that you have already converted for your game? Maybe sonething could be figured out from there.

Jimaras8

Well, i will try to answer them all at once. I have still to install Pluto_t, however a mesh that i found in megalist and i think it was made by tommyboy worked fine, as everything else. My path is exactly the same as yours: custom/art/library/characters. Yes, i converted the meshes but only when they didn't work in CT2 and the convertion worked fine. The only mesh that has no animations pre and post conversion is the notorious Ol_Pluto. I will send them right away CB! I didn't touch anything inside the meshes. Took it, placed in my custom folder, checked it in CT2, saw it didn't have anim, converted it, the same problem. Didnt't rename or overwrite anything. Themeshes by grenadier and tommyboy are on their way.

Cyber Burn

Cool, I'll take a look at them when I get home tonight.

Jimaras8

Ok CB although i am almost certain Ol_Pluto is going to work fine for you  :P. Anyway i have one more request. Are there any any Nova Corps meshes. I am not asking for Richie Rider just for Nova Centurions, Denarians or mere Corpsmen.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Jimaras8 on December 02, 2013, 02:35:08 PM
Ok CB although i am almost certain Ol_Pluto is going to work fine for you  :P. Anyway i have one more request. Are there any any Nova Corps meshes. I am not asking for Richie Rider just for Nova Centurions, Denarians or mere Corpsmen.

Since the "OL_Pluto_Gren" mesh isn't working for you, maybe I can skope up an alternative that will work.

As for the Nova Corps, I don't know what exists for other Corps members, but there is a wide variety of Nova skins that you could probably use as Corps members.

Jimaras8

I don't want to put you into trouble CB and delay your other projects. Pluto_t is going to suffice for now. It isn't so much about the mesh but more about finding the solution in a problem that might occur again.

Cyber Burn

Attention Deficit Disorder, I have a lot of trouble focusing on one task at a time. Even if we can't figure out what the problem actually is, we could at least find a way so that Gren's Pluto mesh can be used.

Jimaras8

Well that would be the next best plan  :D. Ok, if you think it wouldn't be so much of a trouble give it a shot. And thx again for the bloodscream skope, it's really good  :thumbup:.

Cyber Burn

I have some ideas, some very simple, some requiring a little more work, but I think we can make the "OL_Pluto_Gren" mesh workable for you, one way or another. And I don't mind helping out, I actually enjoy being able to help when I can, so it's definitely not a problem.

As for the Bloodscream skope, again, not a problem, I think it took about 15 minutes at the most.

I should have some variant Nova skins floating around, I'll take a look and see what I have, maybe you could build a Corps off of them.

Jimaras8

Well as i have a nova prime and not just nova it seemed a good idea to add some of his corps, make it look like a galactic force. I trust your opinion on which skin and mesh is the most suitable for this role. Nova corps suit resembles the one nova used before Xandar was destroyed so i guess it's not so hard to find.

detourne_me

if you have Syn's Nova, there are a number of hidden pieces for corpsmen and whatnot.

hoss20

Regarding your Pluto problems, I forgot that John Jr. has a nice looking skope here: http://frp.unlimited2.net/skopes/

Cyber Burn

Ok Jim, you have mail, I sent you two alternative Pluto variations, let me know what happens with them. They are already converted for :ffvstr:.

Jimaras8

CB, thank you very much for the effort. It really appreciated. Both versions work ok with keyframes and all. When i viewed version 3 first i was a little worried as i noticed Superman animations that are great for eyebeams but they weren't appropriate for what i had in mind for Pluto. However v2 has more conventional animations with hands so i think it will do just fine. Thx for all theo work that you put to help solve my problem  :thumbup:  :thumbup:.

Cyber Burn

Not a problem, like I said, there were easy solutions, and more time consuming solutions, I started with the easy solutions first, which was just a simple keyframe swap. I'm glad this worked out for you. You could also try using keyframes from grenadier's other caped meshes to see if there is something else you might prefer.

I'll also send you some Nova skins I have, there are a variety, so you can pick and choose what you want to use.

Quote from: detourne_me on December 03, 2013, 03:51:17 PM
if you have Syn's Nova, there are a number of hidden pieces for corpsmen and whatnot.

I highly recommend taking a look at that, it is an awesome mesh.

I should also have a Nova somewhere in one of my Yahoo Groups. Plus Bobby69/Vertex has a Nova69 mesh floating around.

Jimaras8

I have Syn's Nova CB as nova prime is my fav version of the character.

Hey, guys i just wanted to let you know that i uploaded all my hero files in groupurljimaras8. They aren't much, about 150 if i recall but i have really put a great amount of effort since i started playing the game. Group is public so feel free to download them and tell me what you think.

Jimaras8

Ok, it has happened again. I redownloaded X-Man AoA that AA has at his website and i noticed there were no kfs. I recently talked with AA and i he told me that he needed male_basic kfs. Put, them checked in CT2 but no kfs. Grrrrr, sounded familiar. Converted the mesh, guess what. No keyframes!!

Cyber Burn

First step with this would be to try keyframe swaps. Try some of Grenadier's keyframes located here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Grenadiermeshes3/

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Grenadiermeshes11/

You could also try Beyonder's keyframes located here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/BYD_mb_keyframes/

Start with the "Male_Basic_Draconus" variants in Gren's 3rd group and go from there.

Jimaras8

Thx for the links CB. They worked. Also my Ol_Pluto works fine in my other pc and still refuses to in my current one. Jesus :D. Guys, is there any wonder man mesh with this costume http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3113328? It's form the 70's, good era by the way for comics!

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on December 14, 2013, 08:29:19 AM
Thx for the links CB. They worked. Also my Ol_Pluto works fine in my other pc and still refuses to in my current one. Jesus :D. Guys, is there any wonder man mesh with this costume http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3113328? It's form the 70's, good era by the way for comics!

Ah, yes.  Gren has a mesh with that style.  Let me get it for you really quick.

spydermann93

Jimaras8

Jimaras8

I have REn's incredible skrulls meshes: aviator and shocktrooper and i am looking to improve my array of Skrulls. Are there any other skrull meshes except those two?

Randomdays

I plan to rig the Skrull empress from MUA and and maybe a couple of other skrulls when I get a chance. I'm sure there's others out there as well, even if you don't add in the Super Skrull meshes out there.

Cyber Burn

Fusion has a Skrull mesh, and a Super-Skrull mesh (But he's on the "Do not Skope" list).

Afghan Ant has a Super-Skrull skope.

Johnny Patches had some Skrull variants, and I know that Daglob skinned a few of them.

Daglob may have a few other Skrull skins as well.

I had started skoping some of Renegade's Skrull meshes to give them other weapons, but had never finished the skopes.

Jimaras8

Thx for all the skrull suggestions guys. Now i need the following AoA (Age of Apocalypse for those unfamiliar with the storyline): Magneto, havok, Dark beast, Sinister, Nightcrawler, Jean grey.

Also, sorry to post it here but i can't see any shortcut for the AoA mod for  :ffvstr:. How do i start the mod?

Cyber Burn

I think Vertex had an AOA Havok, and other than Sinister, I think that the others have been done somewhere. Not having my computer, I can't really verify.

As to the Mod issue, there is a work around. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think if you copy the shortcut to another mod, and rename something (I don't remember what) it should work.

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on December 18, 2013, 11:38:31 AMAlso, sorry to post it here but i can't see any shortcut for the AoA mod for  :ffvstr:. How do i start the mod?

The easiest way to do that is copy the FFX3 shortcut and rename it to something like AoA.

Right-click on the shortcut and click properties.  In "Start In" and "Target," just change any instance of "ffx3" to the name of the mod folder.  Click "Apply," close the window, and the shortcut should now work.

hoss20

Here's a little tutorial that explains what you need to do to create a shortcut for a mod: http://frworld.wikispaces.com/How+to+install+a+mod