Issue 57: FX recolouring

Started by Jimaras8, October 22, 2013, 01:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

DM, i followed your advice and it worked. I will check it in game to be sure.

I am looking for Olympian Gods meshes especially Apollo, Zeus, Pluto or Neptune. I have both AA's Ares and Gren's so i don't need more of him right now.

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on November 26, 2013, 06:32:29 PM
DM, i followed your advice and it worked. I will check it in game to be sure.

I am looking for Olympian Gods meshes especially Apollo, Zeus, Pluto or Neptune. I have both AA's Ares and Gren's so i don't need more of him right now.

Tommyboy has Apollo in one of his yahoo groups, I believe.  Neptune is on his website.

Gren has meshes for Zeus, Pluto, and Apollo and they should be in one of his yahoo groups or the Champions yahoo group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Champions_of_Freedom_2/info?yguid=405825029 -> Apollo and Pluto are here

I have no idea where Gren's Zeus is, but I can send it to you if you cannot find it.

Jimaras8

I would appreciate it if you could send me Zeus Spyder. I don't seem to find him. And thx for the info.

Edit: Ok, i got Zeus Spyder, but now something weird happened with Pluto. Despite his keyframes being in the folder in game he doesn't have any animations. How is this happening? Forgot to specify it's Gren's Pluto i am talking about.

Cyber Burn

Are you using this for  :ff: or  :ffvstr:?

Are the animations working in the Character Tool?

Jimaras8

CB, i converted the mesh for  :ffvstr: as i have never played the first one. The animations don't appear in the CT. If anyone wishes to download the mesh i can e-mail it to him or he can find it in Champions of Freedom_2 yahoo group in the Grenadier section. This is really frustrating since today i started creating the Olympian Gods and the only one i am missing is Pluto. Any ideas what's going on?

Cyber Burn

I would say to re-download the mesh, install the new one, and then convert it. It's possible that you may have had an issue with the download corrupting the file. Try it again and see what happens.

Jimaras8

I will try that CB, thx.

Edit:Didn't work out  :angry:. I redownloaded it, installed again, converted it and still no animations. Could someone do me a favor and download it or give me an e-mail to sned it to him so he can figure out what's wrong? I am afraid i don't have the knowledge to solve it.

spydermann93

I'll send him to you.  My Pluto is completely converted and should work with your game.

I believe that I included Hermes, Apollo, and Neptune as well.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Jimaras8 on November 27, 2013, 09:21:24 PM
I will try that CB, thx.

Edit:Didn't work out  :angry:. I redownloaded it, installed again, converted it and still no animations. Could someone do me a favor and download it or give me an e-mail to sned it to him so he can figure out what's wrong? I am afraid i don't have the knowledge to solve it.

Now I'm curious as to what happened. I had downloaded, installed, and converted the mesh right before I posted, which is why I made the suggestion. Curious.

Jimaras8

CB, is it Ol_Pluto_gren mesh? I want to make sure it's the same. And you downloaded form Champions of Freedom second yahoo group? Also did you use EZnifconvert? I really don't know what happened. I didi all the above steps so if you did something different please notify, it might be the key.

Cyber Burn

I downloaded it from the link that Spyder provided, installed it into my  :ffvstr: folder, used EZNifConvert to convert for  :ffvstr:, and then opened it up in Character Tool 2. Had no problems with it.

Jimaras8

CB, could you send me your converted and working mesh. I suspect it won't much good but i want to try everything to make it work. My Olympian roster lacks only the Underworld King  :D. My e-mail is jmjimvas08@gmail.com

spydermann93

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 27, 2013, 10:44:53 PM
I'll send him to you.  My Pluto is completely converted and should work with your game.

I believe that I included Hermes, Apollo, and Neptune as well.

:P

Jimaras8

Unfortunately Spyder, my system seems pretty immovable about the God from Underworld, sorry to insist so much guys, i just want to find out what it is so the next time i know what i am supposed to do. Anddd i am pretty stubborn form my nature, Greek guys do that  :D. I think i saw a tommyboy mesh about Pluto, see if that works.

Jimaras8

Oh, thx CB, i will check immediately. I have some internet problems so i can't respond as fast as i wanted.

Is there any mesh of cable featuring this suit? http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1406814

Cyber Burn

I know that there have been a lot of different versions of Cable released, but I can't say for certain as to whether or not that specific one has been made.

Jimaras8

What the title says. Is there any bloodscream mesh with swords. I know Blobula has one without weapons and i have that. I am looking for one with katanas.

Cyber Burn

A simple bodyswap could be done, putting that mesh onto the "Deadpool_Muscular" mesh by Shevek.

Cyber Burn

Base Mesh: Deadpool_Muscular by Shevek

Male_Basic: Crossfire_Gren by Grenadier

Ponytail: Shatterstar by Beardedinlair

Keyframes(Not Included): Deadpool_Muscular by Shevek

Skins: As of this writing, none are included, only a Wiremap is supplied.

1. Recommended for use with Blobula's Bloodscream skin located at: (http://blobula.webs.com/)
2. Also recommended to use the (Katana.tga) file from the standard skin from the "Deadpool_Muscular" mesh.

If you are interested in this, let me know and I'll hook you up, minus the skins.

Jimaras8

CB, that's a great idea CB, i am afraid i odn't know how to do this. If you could write me down the process, i could see how it's done. Well, if it's isn't trouble i would appreciate if you give it a shot.

Ok, another one that came into my mind. Usagent uses some meshes in his Olympian Gods hf like Pluto_t, Hermes_t etc. Spyder sent me hermes_t and i was wondering if anyone had Pluto_t.

hoss20

Cyber Burn

Ninja'd by Hoss. I just sent out the Bloodscream scope and the Pluto_T mesh.

Jimaras8

Thank you both guys. Still no solution with Pluto. It;s driving me crazy. More than 100 meshes and it's the first time i can't make a mesh work  :angry:. Well things could be worse. Imagine if i didn't have you guys for help and advice  :D

Cyber Burn

The converted "OL_Pluto_Gren_FFvt3R" mesh I sent you didn't work?

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 01, 2013, 09:56:01 PM

Apparently, even the converted meshes don't work for him.  I sent him mine a while back ago, and he said that it didn't work, and I know for a fact that it did.

He gave me his and it worked perfectly well on my computer.

I have no idea what's going on.

Jimaras8

Unfortunately no CB. This is class A mystery, I have converted dozens of meshes and they worked like charm as all of my othe meshes. Suddenly a mesh that works for everyone else doesn't for me!!! Maybe because i am Greek the god of Hades holds a grudge against me.

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on December 01, 2013, 10:15:47 PM

Unfortunately no CB. This is class A mystery, I have converted dozens of meshes and they worked like charm as all of my othe meshes. Suddenly a mesh that works for everyone else doesn't for me!!! Maybe because i am Greek the god of Hades holds a grudge against me.

I have two very stupid questions, but these are the only two things that I can think of:

1. You keep your keyframes within the character mesh's folder, right?  I know that Benton has a keyframe library system where the keyframes for the meshes in his DCUG mod are placed in a separate folder, and I am unsure if you do the same.  Also, if you do not do such a thing, make sure that there is no "keyframes.txt" in the character folder.

2. When we send you the keyframes, do you place it in the character folder and do nothing to the keyframes, or do you modify them before placing them?  I know that I have my own techniques for converting meshes, and just to be safe, I run every mesh through the conversion process.

Jimaras8

Don't be afraid to ask Spyder  :D.

1: I am aware of the technique Benton used especially in his DCUG mod. No, i don;t do that. The keyframes are always in the mesh folder. And to answer your second question as well, i only edit the keyframes if i see a useful animation that connects with power that comes to mind. Thus this happens only on a working mesh as i can the animations and choose what to change. As the received the PLuto mesh form you and CB i have placed it in my custom folder where all mu meshes are kept, didn't touch, only converted it, checked the CT2 tool and there no animations.

spydermann93

Quote from: Jimaras8 on December 01, 2013, 10:31:13 PM
Don't be afraid to ask Spyder  :D.

1: I am aware of the technique Benton used especially in his DCUG mod. No, i don;t do that. The keyframes are always in the mesh folder. And to answer your second question as well, i only edit the keyframes if i see a useful animation that connects with power that comes to mind. Thus this happens only on a working mesh as i can the animations and choose what to change. As the received the PLuto mesh form you and CB i have placed it in my custom folder where all mu meshes are kept, didn't touch, only converted it, checked the CT2 tool and there no animations.

ah, so the mesh is in a custom folder?

Do you have the original mesh in the default folder for custom meshes?