Possible Projects Interest

Started by Randomdays, September 22, 2013, 02:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cranlox

Here are some options among the best I could do, it is quite thought of solid flat colors.
Maybe aligning the outline vertically on the skin was a good idea

HERE!
And mi version of skin for woody

HERE!

---

Trying to make the emilio sheep using a discharged head as a base but when I animate it, it floats anywhere, surely tomorrow I will try to make it again

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

Great job Cranlox! I really like the circus skin for Andy Panda. It is difficult to skin from the way the uv was set up.

For the sheep, I could probably attach it in Blender

Randomdays

Well, not a deal breaker, but still very irritating. Nifskope suddenly no longer works for me. I'm getting "FontDisplayLists: Could not generate display lists for font 'MS Shell Dlg 2' error. I think I've had it before and I know other people have as well, but nothing I've done has fixed it - uninstalling, deleting the old directory and installing some where else, and trying different versions.

The new 2.x version partially work but have a shader issue so not everything else shows. I can still use Blender and character viewer, but to reassign textures will be a bit harder. Not sure how I get around setting up alpha for transparency without it though.

Hopefully I'll be getting a new computer in a couple of weeks or so.

cranlox

How strange that reinstalling everything again does not solve the problem.
Surely it is something complex, hopefully some expert on the forum can guide you through that.
Here I give you the sheep and its persistent floating head, I'm hating Emilio (the sheep) for resisting so much)
I would need to find some model onion to be able to use as its projectile in an fx
If you can do something, thank you very much and if it gets complicated, leave it. He is not such an important character, it seemed like a good option to take advantage of the body.
I would love to find the star characters from the comic strip by the same author of Pelopincho and Cachirula, but I don't think they have any artists working on 3D models of them until now.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xk7m1jf4rgcohp6/EMILIO.rar/file

BentonGrey

That's so weird!  Hopefully it will play nicer on the new computer, RD!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Randomdays

And just like that, later on it just fixed itself. Maybe I deleted some file that even with the reinstall was still missing things up

Happy Days!

Cranlox - fixed your Emilio. Uploaded to the request folder.

Some different versions of Buzz Conroy done. kitbashed skins from Tommyboy's Rick Jones and Ren's Billy Batson. Each on male_teen12 and Ren's Billy mesh

There's also a male_teen10 in my request area and we could try Buzz on that.

Hopefully someone can tweak either mesh/skin to get him closer to the original version.

BentonGrey

God Bless

Randomdays

Thanks Benton. I think we can get closer though.

"One of these things is not like the other..." I just notice that of the Buzzes has his ring on his proper right hand, while the other has it on his left.

I'll have to fix that.

cranlox

Quote from: Randomdays on April 06, 2024, 10:56:53 PMAnd just like that, later on it just fixed itself. Maybe I deleted some file that even with the reinstall was still missing things up

Happy Days!

Cranlox - fixed your Emilio. Uploaded to the request folder.

Some different versions of Buzz Conroy done. kitbashed skins from Tommyboy's Rick Jones and Ren's Billy Batson. Each on male_teen12 and Ren's Billy mesh

There's also a male_teen10 in my request area and we could try Buzz on that.

Hopefully someone can tweak either mesh/skin to get him closer to the original version.

Hello, going down to Emilio! Thank you ! I'll probably try to make 1 or 2 more skins with the wool and the light blue shirt.
I'm going to take down this child who has complicated her so much to see if I can contribute something.

cranlox

For Andy, Woody, Felix and Emilio, I thought they looked like adults in costume if we put them in the game. It literally occurred to me to reduce their size grossly in nifskope, which logically makes them seem to run faster when you play the game, it literally seems to me that by going down to half or around half (I gave them all different heights based on what I interpreted that they approximate what an average adult would be in the respective cartoons) they look much better and even more conceal the most problematic details of their animations, their "hurry" is very justified due to their nature exaggerated cartoon.
I doubt if I understood what I said or what I meant to comment. From what I appreciate Woody is the smallest, followed by Felix, then Andy and Emilio who are almost the same height.
I hope this comment brings something to someone.

WyldFyre

Looks good to me Cranlox! I totally understood what you were getting at. Nice work!
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

Randomdays

I understood as well. They look great in game. Good job Cranlox!

I forgot to mention above that the Buzz Conroy's had already been uploaded to the HB Heroes folder

cranlox

Going down to Buzz Conroy, I'm glad my comment was understood, I thought it would be useful to attach a video

Randomdays

I think Wyldfyre was asking about Colleen Wing not to long ago

So here's the Marvel Strike Force version, rigged to Taskmistress.

Looks pretty good in most kfs, though the grenade is off for some reason.

Posted to the Marvel/DC folder of the Megasite.

I've got the Strike Force version of Misty Knight also and may do her next.

WyldFyre

Thanks RD! I know I had one, but couldn't find it.
For Freedom!

cranlox

great new contribution! She was a big absentee in ffvs3R (at least in my gallery she didn't have any version)
I like many COC and StrikeForce models, they made things quite faithful to the comics while also "updating" them, I think they knew how to hit the right spot in many cases, the vast majority are characters that are already explored in Ffvs3r but not I stopped recognizing their excellent quality of development in the game, they allowed themselves to create some characters, and that is also interesting.

I tried to make Emilio's shirt version but given how complex it became and how cute the one he has turned out, I'm going to wait for the other version for a while, at least a few days until my anger passes.

I just downloaded Conroy and by chance I read that RD you were requesting a few pages ago for a Steve Trevor in a white suit?

Here's a try, we should see if it is possible to shorten his arms and legs by half, he looks more like a teenager than a 9 or 10 year old child.
I thought about putting ovals in his eyes, it would be an option but it will give a "Simpson's eye" effect with these facing outwards instead of HB's which always tended to flatten or orient towards holes, in fact the figures of flintstones action literally eyes are hollow
FILES HERE
I uploaded everything together because I moved the mesh so that the format of the eye would not be distorted...or at least not as much

DoctorRuina

Hi! My computer stopped working. I have another one, but I haven't been able to get the game to work. I want to continuing making skopes with you.

Randomdays

That sucks DrR. Hope you'll be able to get the game up and running

Randomdays

1) uploaded the John Carter of Mars Plantman skope I had done to the requests folder. He needs a skin

2) Uploaded the DC Silent Knight skope I had done to the Requests folder. He needs a skin

3) I have an old GandalF the White skin that needs Val's Sorcerer mesh and I don't have it. Hopefully someone has it and can send it my way. The readme doesn't mention the skinner's name so that would be nice if you know it. It might be Starlock (dated 03/2003)

4) Finished Misty Knight. Rigged to Gren's Punisher. I've tried to put a female mesh onto it before without success, but this time it came out pretty good.

5) Experimenting with Buzz's head. Picture below of the hair and the head from the stl split into 2 pieces. I'll see how it looks with eyes pasted on it.

cranlox

I'm going to take a version for Carter and Silent to make at least one version of my own.

Misty seems great!

As for the head of Buzz , that head is definitely the ideal one that he has been missing.

For Gandalf I only have the one imported by DM

4 congratulations to you! :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

WyldFyre

Sorcerer_val sent! I don't know the skinner for Gandalf though. It could be redbackdeath as he did a lot of the LotR hexes and skins.
For Freedom!

Randomdays

Finished working on the stl head of Buzz Conroy and attached it to Ren's Billy Batson mesh. The new Buzz looks much improved over the previous, though it would be hard to skin any better due to the uv scatter problem.

Uploaded to the HB Heroes folder

cranlox

I literally think it's excellent! Congratulations ! You did a great job with this character, and it took effort! :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

cranlox

search for Carter on your megasite and I didn't find him, but I did find a plantman that doesn't work in my game
Is this correct?

Randomdays

The plantman is from the John Carter series. I'll have to look to see why it doesn't work for you.

The other mesh that needed a skin was the Silent Knight

Edit - Tested the Plantman in the character viewer for FF1 and he came up fine. A bit strange looking without a proper skin though

Edit2 - Gave him a flat mono green skin and he doesn't look too bad. He would still need the mouths on his hands ( and looking at it some more on the web, he should be blue, not green!)

cranlox

Yes, I have Plantman as an action figure from the Tarzan collection, I know him and we talked about it here when you were developing.
I'll make skins for him, for Carter, and for SilentKnight.
Surely what's happening is that the FF to FFVS3R converter doesn't work for me, and I use FFVS3R, so it won't be seen.

I haven't made skins of them yet, I've only been testing Buzz Conroy, Misty and Colleen, I loved how they turned out in the game.

I added his sword sounds to his movements and left the rest with the standard of the game.
With Conroy's Frankenstein, the same thing happens to me, it must be from FF1 and it doesn't work in FFVS3R. I remember using it, I probably lost the converted version over time.

These days I will make the 3 versions:
* Plantaman skin in deep light blue/blue color

*Carter.

*SilentKnight.

I was putting a head in a body for create a generic Viking soldier in modern style, It was quite acceptable

Randomdays

Glad you liked the new characters that you could get to work. Testing in the game is always more fun than just checking them out in the character viewer

I can try to output the Plantman and Daglob's Frankenstein Jr (if that's the one you're talking about) out of Blender to FFvt3R for you.It should be easy.

Edit - FFvt3R version the Plantman added to the zip and reuploaded to the requests file.

I looked at Daglob's Frankenstein JR files and he already had a version of the character for FFvt3R

cranlox

Quote from: Randomdays on April 10, 2024, 06:23:42 PMGlad you liked the new characters that you could get to work. Testing in the game is always more fun than just checking them out in the character viewer

I can try to output the Plantman and Daglob's Frankenstein Jr (if that's the one you're talking about) out of Blender to FFvt3R for you.It should be easy.

Edit - FFvt3R version the Plantman added to the zip and reuploaded to the requests file.

I looked at Daglob's Frankenstein JR files and he already had a version of the character for FFvt3R

Yes, I went back to Alex's site to download Frankesteinjr and found the vs3R version.
I am downloading Plantman.
Carter I still can't find it on your megasite.
And I didn't find Thundar either, I don't know if you had him or not. ^_^ thanks for your good vibes