Batman, Incorporated Meshes (Updated 11.22)

Started by vorelliwiseau, September 11, 2013, 10:19:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on September 20, 2013, 12:25:49 PM
Thanks, Amazo! I've been studying how to make individual mesh pieces (particularly shoulder plates) and, man, it hasn't been easy. UV seams, unwrapping, material properties...it's been tiring, but entertaining. Can't believe you guys mastered all this.

Anyway, I think I'm almost done with the Heretic and will be posting updated pics soon, but I have a question for the experienced Nifskope users: does embedding a texture on nifskope remove the need to include the .tga/.dds file?

i'm not quite sure what you mean by embedding the texture, can you explain it please?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

vorelliwiseau

Well,  I encountered it when I was trying to connect mesh pieces to a larger mesh. When I just copy/paste the branch, the texture never shows up. But when I click on embed after selecting the image, it sticks to the mesh piece even if I copy it into a different .nif file.

Here's a screencap of the 'embed' thing (Below the Choose button):

Spoiler

I was wondering whether if I released the skope - with the mesh pieces with 'embedded' textures - would you guys be able to see the texture, or would the texture path continue to refer to my computer's directory path?

Cyber Burn

That's pretty interesting, after you embed the textures into the mesh, if you remove the (.TGA) or (.DDS) files from the standard skins folder, can you still see the textures in Nifskope? How about character tool? Also, does this allow you to have other skins for the mesh? Sorry for all the questions, but like I said, this is very interesting.

vorelliwiseau

That's the thing - I don't even have the shoulder pad texture in the directory where I assume ctool2 checks it, and yet it still appears in-game. It's renderable in Nifskope, CTool and FFX 3.0, and I can change the male_basic skin, but so far I haven't figured out how to change the skin on the shoulder pad I 'embedded' with the texture.

I'm not sure though, but since Podmark gave the greenlight to use his belt mesh, I've uploaded the kinda-sorta final version of it here.

It should play out something like this:

Spoiler

(Utility belt from Batman_skope by Podmark. Thanks!)

Please tell me if you can see the skins on the belt, the edited belt buckle and the shoulder pads! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Podmark

Looking good.

To be clear the belt from my Batman skope is from Grenadier's Batman mesh. The credit really belongs to him.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

vorelliwiseau

Oh, sorry! I'll credit him properly once I figure if the mesh works right.

vorelliwiseau

Hi! Since it seems The Heretic is working right, I've decided to take on the rest of the Batman, Incorporated characters.
First stop: Japan!

So does anyone know where I can find these mesh pieces:

1) A front pant sash thing that swings
2) Some kind of waist length collared cape/poncho
3) A baseball bat piece/ baseball bat keyframe.

1 and 2 are pictured here:
Spoiler

Any leads would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Cyber Burn

For #1.) I would look at either Grenadier's "Taskmaster" variants, or one of Tommyboy's meshes.

For #2.) I would need a better pic (Sorry), but maybe  the top piece from Ink's "Mastermind" mesh could be modified for your needs.

For #3.) Tommyboy has a Male_Heavy_Bat mesh based off of Irrational's "Thug2" mesh, Grenadier has an "Ammo" mesh which has a baseball bat, and I believe that Texas_Jack has a mesh with a baseball bat, though I can't remember the name off of the top of my head.

All that being said, I am really impressed with the work that you've done so far, the shoulder pads that you meshed look really good. Very nice job on the Heretic (Though I have  to admit that I'm not familiar with him).

vorelliwiseau

You're right - 1 and 2 were decent sources, and that Mastermind mesh works great: just needs some editing. I haven't gotten around to checking #3, though.

I'll have some decent preview pics next post. This is really helpful legwork. Thanks!

vorelliwiseau

Well, here's my first set: the Batman Inc. Japan 3-Pack!

It's got Mr. Unknown (a.k.a. Batman Japan), his enemy Lord Death Man, and one of Lord Death Man's spammable mooks:

Spoiler

Mr. Unknown

Mesh: 
male_cape_pants_baggy mesh created by The Beyonder
Hat modified from O'Conner mesh by Irrational Games

Skin: 
Base Skin from Male_Stocky_TM, by the The Firey Tomato
Hat skin from O'Conner mesh by Irrational Games

Keyframe:
Male_Football_TM, by the Firey Tomato

Character Concept:
Grant Morrison, Yanick Paquette.  Skin cobbled together from various page art by Yanick Paquette

=================================================

Lord Death Man's Goon

Mesh:       
[Main]: Ammo_Gren by   Grenadier [mesh] and Courtnall6 [standard skin]
[Mesh based on "Thug1" and "Thug2/Thug with Bat" by Irrational Games]

Skin:         
Base Skin from Male_Stocky_TM, by The Firey Tomato

Keyframe:    
Ammo_Gren by Grenadier and Courtnall6
[Keyframe based on "Thug1" and "Thug2/Thug with Bat" by Irrational Games]

Character Concept: 
Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette.  Skin cobbled together from various page art by Yanick Paquette

=================================================

Lord Death Man

Mesh    
[Main]: male_basic_gunthug by  Grenadier and tommyboy [Based on Grenadier's Taskmaster Mesh, based on "Thug1" by Irrational Games]
[Modfied Cape]: Mastermind by Ink [mesh] and AfghanAnt [skin]
[Gun skin]: Irrational Games
[Baggy Sleeves]: Made in Blender

Skin:     
[Main]: Male_Stocky_TM The Firey Tomato
[Thug weapon skin]: Irrational Games

Keyframe:
male_basic_gunthug created by Grenadier and tommyboy
[Keyframe based on "Thug1" keyframe by Irrational Games]

Character Concept:    
Grant Morrison, Yanick Paquette.  Skin cobbled together from various page art by Yanick Paquette

===============

Batman created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. All Batman and DC Universe characters and merchandise are property of Warner Brothers, DC Comics, or their subsidiaries and licensors.

Freedom for Force Versus the Third Reich Copyright © 2005 Irrational Games.
Freedom Force and the Freedom Force logo and related characters, names, and distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks or registered trademarks of Irrational Games unless otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved

Cyber Burn

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on September 26, 2013, 03:55:03 AM

Lord Death Man's Goon

Mesh:  Ammo_Gren created by Grenadier - The actual Mesh is by Grenadier, the standard skin was by (I Believe) Courtnall6, so you shouldn't need to mention Courtnall6 in regards to the mesh, however, I would also mention Irrational in the credits because this mesh was based off of Irrational's "Thug1" and "Thug2" Meshes.
Skin:  Base Skin from Male_Stocky_TM, by the The Firey Tomato
Keyframe: Ammo_Gren created by Grenadier - Again, I would give credit to Irrational because Grenadier used their animation sets in making this mesh. Also, since Courtnall6 had nothing to do with the actual creation of the mesh or keframes, you shouldn't need to mention him for those.
Character Concept: Grant Morrison, Yanick Paquette.  Skin cobbled together from various page art by Yanick Paquette

Lord Death Man

Mesh:  male_basic_gunthug created by Grenadier and tommyboy - I would also include Irrational in the credits because Tommyboy based this off of their "Thug1" mesh.
Skin:  Base Skin from Male_Stocky_TM, by the The Firey Tomato
Keyframe: male_basic_gunthug created by Grenadier and tommyboy - I would also include Irrational in the credits because again, Tommyboy based this off of their "Thug1" mesh.
Character Concept: Grant Morrison, Yanick Paquette.  Skin cobbled together from various page art by Yanick Paquette

======================

I'll upload some links once I get the sources right. See, I used the male_basic_gunthug  made by tommyboy to make Lord Death Man, but I'm worried about this line, from tommyboy's amended rules in the Nifskope permissions list:

Quote"1. You may use my existing body of work to create original 'skopes PROVIDED that said 'skopes are not labeled as some other mesher's creation."

So if I rename the folder to say something "Lord_Deathman_v1" instead of "male_basic_gunthug,"will I be in trouble? What does that line mean?
Please tell me if I got some of the credits wrong. Thanks!
- Now that I'm a bit more awake, I apologize for giving inaccurate information last night. I was looking at the Goon, rather than Lord_Deathman himself. Since it appears that you did modify the "Male_Basic_Gunthug" Mesh, it is alright to rename it. Naming it "Lord_Deathman_v1" is fine and does not go against Tommyboy's rules in regards to the naming convention.

Quote"1. You may use my existing body of work to create original 'skopes PROVIDED that said 'skopes are not labeled as some other mesher's creation."
- Essentially, this means that he doesn't want people making skopes and then renaming the new skopes using any specific mesher's label ( Such as Renegade = Ren, Grenadier = Gren, Tomato - TM, Bobby69 = 69, Vertex = VX, or even Tommyboy = T or TV or Tvlite or TF). So basically, if you had named your "Lord_Deathman" skope "Lord_Deathman_T", or "Lord_Deathman_Gren", then you would have violated Tommyboy's rules in regards to the naming convention.

I'm kind of popped up on painkillers right now, so if anything I said doesn't make sense, let me know and I will make whatever changes are needed. I will suggest that as far as credits go , maybe check out the credits written by other content creators to get some ideas on formatting the credits file (Usually called a "Read_Me" file).

All that being said, you have some very nice work being shown here. Have you considered setting up a Yahoo Group or a website?

EDIT: I apologize for giving you misinformation last night, but now that I'm more awake and coherent, I think I fixed everything. Again, I am very sorry for providing misinformation last night, but everything should be fixed.

vorelliwiseau

Thank you  so much for taking the time to pitch in!  I'd like to make sure everyone who deserves credit gets it. Maybe I'll make a YG after a few more characters or so.

Anyway, I've changed the credits below (added credits for Ink and AfghanAnt's Mastermind mesh, for the modified Lord Death Man's cloak), so once you think it's good, I'll put up the DL links.

BentonGrey

Wow, Vorelliwiseau, these are great, especially for a beginner!  Welcome to the community, and I look forward to seeing what else you'll create!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

vorelliwiseau

Much appreciated, you two! Sorry it took so long to reply, but I figured the best way I could say thanks to you (and to everyone who's popped in for the past week) would be to release The Batman, Incorporated Japan 3-Pack.

And so I have! If anyone's interested, I've put up the DL links in my original post. If there's any problems or comments, please don't hesitate to PM me. Thanks for waiting!

Next stop on the Batman, Inc. tour: Argentina!

vorelliwiseau

Hey, guys, what's the editing permission status for Ultimate Evil's and Syn/Unfluffybunny's skins and meshes? I found the biker jacket/pants combo on their red_hood_syn mesh perfect for El Gaucho, but I might have to add some stripes and buttons and such, which is why I'm double-checking for permission.

I'd also like to ask the same of Ink's Professor_X_Classic [the one with the wheely wheelchair.]

I wanted to put this up before I bother them with a PM or something. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

Cyber Burn

In regards to the meshes (The 3D Models), both Ink and Unfluffy/Syn have given permissions for their meshes to be altered in NIFSKOPE ONLY, no Blender permissions have been given.

In regards to the skin files (The TGA or DDS files), that is up to the specific skinner who made those texture files. If you are looking to modify the existing texture files, I would definitely recommend sending a PM to who ever created the skins for those meshes.

In cases like this, some skinners might give permission, others won't, from my observation, it's usually on a case by case basis. Good Luck.

Starman

Nice work on these! I'm a huge Batman Inc fan, so it's cool to see these characters running around in-game :)

vorelliwiseau

@CyberBurn, RE:Red Hood:
Aw, man, that's one lead off my list. Still, it helps knowing the score. I think I can just Blender up some sleeves and pant legs to a different mesh.

As for the wheelchair, I suppose I can just export a fresh UV template in Nifskope and work from there, right? It'll take time, but I think it's worth not violating any permissions, I guess. Thanks for the assist!

@Starman:
Glad you like it! It'll be several days before I finish the next 3-pack [some exams coming up, plus this neat side-project I'm working on for Randomdays], but if you've read Batman, Inc., I guess you might have a decent idea who's gonna be in it. Hope the waiting will be worth it!

vorelliwiseau

Hi! Almost done with Argentina, but I'd like to ask help on tracking some pieces:

Spoiler
1. A bola for El Gaucho's waist, like Wonder Woman's golden lasso:

2. A super-shiny, female suit with matching arm-length gloves and boots
I figured a shiny Emma Frost or Wonder Woman mesh could do the trick, if I could find one.

3: A motorcycle helmet with some kind of transparent window:
- I searched around and it seems Eson the Searcher seems like a good start, and I remember seeing his mesh somewhere, but I can't remember which site or which Yahoo! Group.

4. An editable scorpion tail
- I guess I could Blender one up, but if there's a built-in one out there, I'd appreciate the lead!

5. Some kind of female capoeira mesh
- Or maybe a keyframe with lots of melee kicks! I have Gren's female Fighter mesh for a standard [and a fantastic one at that], but I'm curious if there's any capoeira-specific keyframes floating around.

Here are some basis pics for #'s 2-5:

Anyone know of some editable versions of these? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on October 10, 2013, 02:35:23 AM
Hi! Almost done with Argentina, but I'd like to ask help on tracking some pieces:

1. A bola for El Gaucho's waist, like Wonder Woman's golden lasso:

You could probably use a Lasso from one of the Wonder Woman meshes and then just plop a couple of spheres down for the red jimmies.

2. A super-shiny, female suit with matching arm-length gloves and boots
I figured a shiny Emma Frost or Wonder Woman mesh could do the trick, if I could find one.

I'm in agreement. It seems that the effect that you want might be achievable and could be done through skinning.

3: A motorcycle helmet with some kind of transparent window:
- I searched around and it seems Eson the Searcher seems like a good start, and I remember seeing his mesh somewhere, but I can't remember which site or which Yahoo! Group.

"Eson the Searcher" is a Grenadier mesh, and unfortunately I can't think of the location for you right now.         

For a helmet, I would suggest either Valandar's "Harley_Davidson_Rider" mesh or Podmark's "Hazmat" skope.

Valandar's mesh: http://web.archive.org/web/20060113151400/http://newpowerinc.com/meshsecpages/eldar.htm

Podmark's skope: http://heroforce.freedomforceforever.com/podmark.html

4. An editable scorpion tail
- I guess I could Blender one up, but if there's a built-in one out there, I'd appreciate the lead!

Marvel Comics' Villain "Scorpion" Mesh by The_Beyonder: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Beyondermeshes1/ - Titled "Male_Scorpion"

Marvel Comics' Villain "Scorpion" Mesh by Tommyboy: http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/Marvel%20meshes%20S2.html - Titled "Scorpion_Tvlite"

Marvel Comics' Villain "Scorpion" Skope by Johnny Patches: No longer available online, but I could e-mail it to you - Titled "Scorpion_Tail_New"

5. Some kind of female capoeira mesh
- Or maybe a keyframe with lots of melee kicks! I have Gren's female Fighter mesh for a standard [and a fantastic one at that], but I'm curious if there's any capoeira-specific keyframes floating around.

Here are some basis pics for #'s 2-5:

Anyone know of some editable versions of these? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

I'll go ahead and apologize, migraines + medication is not a good combination.

vorelliwiseau

Again, thanks so much for the assist! Am working on the helmet and scorpion tail now. That lasso tip is ingenious - I'l be doing that later!

vorelliwiseau

Took a while, but here's the Batman Inc, Argentina Booster Pack!

It's got El Gaucho, El Sombrero, and Scorpiana: Argentina's versions of Batman, the Joker, and Catwoman/Poison Ivy, respectively.
Also, free Halloween Black Lantern skins! Here's a preview pic!

Individual images and sources under the spoilers below:

=========
Spoiler

El Gaucho_v1

Mesh: 
Male_Stocky_TM  created by The Firey Tomato
Jacket and pantsleeves from Wolverine_TJPlus by Texas Jack
Rope from Male_Basic_Ranger by Grenadier and TrainWreck
Bolas and Bandanna ties made in Blender by me!

Skin: 
Base Skin from Male_Basic_TM, by the The Firey Tomato
Jacket, pantsleeves, rope, bandanna tie and bola skins exported from Nifskope
Skin cobbled together from various page art by Yanick Paquette

Keyframe: Male Basic KF - Fighter, by Grenadier

Character Concept: Grant Morrison, Yanick Paquette

======================================================

El Sombrero_v1

Mesh: 
Professor X Classic created by Ink and Thunder

Skin: 
Base Skin from Male_Basic_TM, by the The Firey Tomato
Wheelchair and wheelchair part skins exported from Nifskope [Original Skins by Thunder]
Skin cobbled together from various page art by Chris Burnham and Yanick Paquette

Keyframe: Professor X Classic, by Ink and Thunder

Character Concept: Grant Morrison, Yanick Paquette. 

==============================================

Scorpiana_v1

Mesh: 
Female_Basic_TM2  created by The Firey Tomato
Helmet from Harley_Davidson_Rider by Valandar
Helmet accessories [sting and scorpion claws] and floating Black Lantern logo made by me!

Skin: 
Base Skin from Female_Basic_TM2 by the The Firey Tomato
Helmet, helmet accessories [sting and scorpion claws] and floating Black Lantern logo exported from Nifskope
Skin cobbled together from various page art by Yanick Paquette

Meshes edited in Nifskope, Skins edited in GIMP!

Keyframe: Female Basic KF - Fighter, by Grenadier

Character Concept: Grant Morrison, Yanick Paquette

==============================================

Batman created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. All Batman and DC Universe characters and merchandise are property of Warner Brothers, DC Comics, or their subsidiaries and licensors.

Freedom for Force Versus the Third Reich Copyright © 2005 Irrational Games.
Freedom Force and the Freedom Force logo and related characters, names, and distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks or registered trademarks of Irrational Games unless otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved.

=========

Download the Batman Inc. Argentina Booster Pack here!

I have a Blue Falcon and Mightor mesh lined up for Randomdays after this, but I'll work on the next booster pack straight after that.
Next stop on the Batman, Inc., world tour: Paris!

Amazo Version 2.2

oh my word, these are just awesome. the fact that you created the pieces for that scorpiana is incredible. just out of curiosity, do you do a lot of blender work? not that i'm playing anything right now, but do you create content for other games as well?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

BentonGrey

Ohh man, those are awesome!  Nice work Vorelliwiseau!  You've got some really nice skopes, as well as some really lovely, clean-lined skins.  This is impressive, man.  I've got to agree, Scorpiana is darn cool.

CB, nice suggestions!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Those are great! It's nice to see Batman Inc getting some love.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

These are great Vorelliwiseau, and the fact that you are doing Black Lantern versions as well just ups the ante. Excellent work.

vorelliwiseau

@Amazo: Thanks for the hat-tip for Scorpiana - she was really a tricky piece of work, especially her helmet! I had to do some digging to figure out how to make the helmet transparent without using Blender. If anyone wants a link, I'll be happy to point it to you.

To answer your question, I've been using Blender/Nifskope for about two, two and a half months now, but I'm sorry to say I haven't done any other game content. This is my first serious modding project, see.

@Benton: I'm flattered, man! Someday I hope to make really clean, quality skins - most of my skin work looks a little rough on closer inspection. I bet there are some good tutorials out there, though.

@Podmark: Yeah, I fell in love with the comic book because I thought the concept was kickass - an army of Batmen! I hope to do more New 52 skins in the near future.
There's this group called the Court of Owls, see...

@Cyber: Thank you for the research work! I probably would have spent more hours without someone pointing me to good mesh/skin leads.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: vorelliwiseau on October 16, 2013, 12:52:28 AM

To answer your question, I've been using Blender/Nifskope for about two, two and a half months now, but I'm sorry to say I haven't done any other game content. This is my first serious modding project, see.

@Cyber: Thank you for the research work! I probably would have spent more hours without someone pointing me to good mesh/skin leads.

For someone who has only been using Blender and Nifskope for two - two and a half months, you are doing some really impressive work, I mean WOW type work. I really look forward to watching you further develop your skills.

As for doing the research to help you find stuff...anytime, don't even hesitate to ask.