News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Elysium

Started by BentonGrey, August 14, 2013, 03:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

We saw it last night.  I had heard great things about it, and the trailers looked really interesting.  What a disappointment.  I went in with pretty high hopes, and in fairness, it might have actually been a decent movie...if I could have seen it.  This is, without a doubt, the worst shakey-cam offender I've ever seen.  I thought Man of Steel was bad, but oh man!  This is ludicrously overdone.  It takes 'knees and elbows' film-making to a new extreme.  My wife had to close her eyes through half of it to keep from getting sick.  I doubt that one frame in a 100 was stable.  If I didn't know better, I'd swear it was an intentionally overdone parody of excessive shakey-cam usage.  Save your money for movies you can actually watch.

Combine the complete incomprehensibility of the action with the villain's equally incomprehensible accent, Jodi Foster's incredibly stilted performance, and you've got a recipe for aggressive mediocrity and squandered potential.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/