News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

maybe another dumb question

Started by Amazo Version 2.2, July 25, 2013, 12:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazo Version 2.2

since the e-mail account i use for  :ff: purposes seems to have been closed, does that mean i have to worry about my fr account being closed since its not connected to a active e-mail address? should i set up a new e-nail and fr account?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

hoss20

I think that verifying a valid email address is strictly for the initial set up of your FR account. Even if this isn't the case, you don't need to set up a new account, just change the email address associated with it. Now, if something happens and you need to log in to access the boards or your account, then I guess you'll find out if your current email still gets validated as we all log in with our account email address. I'm sure the mods will correct me on this if I am mistaken.

Amazo Version 2.2

thanx hoss so far its still letting me log in with my previous e-mail accoubt. but i guess i will still need to set up a new e-mail account and see what happens from there.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Amazo Version 2.2

ok not that any one was really concerned but i set up a new e-mail account and changed my log-in information to be the same so the problem is now fixed. thanx for your help hoss

hoss20

No problem. I'm glad you were able to get everything worked out. That's weird that a public email account like Yahoo would be cancelled without your knowledge. Perhaps someone gained access to it, started spamming people and, as a result, complaints were reported regarding your address. Who knows? Anyway, happy that you're good to go.  :thumbup:

Amazo Version 2.2

fortunately it isnt my main e-mail account so its nt a major loss.

Amazo Version 2.2

i did a search on the forums and came up empty handed so i figured i would ask here. in some of the skins ans skopes and meshes that have been downloaded i find a file called "thumbs.db". what is that for? is it important to the character file that i downloaded or can i delete it? thanx

Epimethee

It's a hidden system file for with thumbnails generated by Windows. You can delete it safely.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Amazo Version 2.2

thanx epimethee, i wasnt sure if it was an actual part of the file that is used by the games so i wasnt sure what to do with them. thanx for the info.  :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

You know the rules I go by, in this case: The only "Dumb" question is the one that is not asked.

hoss20

This just reminds me of one of my favorite quotes, "There is no such thing as a stupid question; just stupid people that ask questions."  :lol: I'm just kidding around, Amazo! I think we've all preceded a question or two here with something similar to this thread title.

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 02, 2013, 01:04:07 AM
You know the rules I go by, in this case: The only "Dumb" question is the one that is not asked.

yeah yeah i know. youd rather answer the same question 100 times than to have to have to fix someone elses mistake because they couldnt be bothered to ask a simple question the first time.

Quote from: hoss20 on August 02, 2013, 03:19:06 AM
This just reminds me of one of my favorite quotes, "There is no such thing as a stupid question; just stupid people that ask questions."  :lol: I'm just kidding around, Amazo! I think we've all preceded a question or two here with something similar to this thread title.

yeah, i'm thinking about leaving the thread open so i can have a home for my stupid questions.

Amazo Version 2.2

time for another dumb question.

do meshers,skopers, and skinners get offended if someone else creates a character that they have already done? for instance, cyber is working on a night thrasher skope from marvel comics, would offense be taken if i made my own version? now i know that he wouldnt care since thats just who he is, but how do other content creators feel about that? mind you i would not make my version exaclty the same as others have already done, but i really dont want to offend anyone. thanx for any input or advice anyone is willing to give.

spydermann93

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on August 08, 2013, 09:15:45 PM

do meshers,skopers, and skinners get offended if someone else creates a character that they have already done? for instance, cyber is working on a night thrasher skope from marvel comics, would offense be taken if i made my own version? now i know that he wouldnt care since thats just who he is, but how do other content creators feel about that? mind you i would not make my version exaclty the same as others have already done, but i really dont want to offend anyone. thanx for any input or advice anyone is willing to give.

Honestly, I believe that it's entirely up to you.  I don't think anybody would mind or care if you decided to make something yourself.  I mean, how many Supermans and Batmans do we have floating around here?  I don't believe that anybody minds it, like when Grenadier made his own Superman a while after Renegade made his Superman (that's just an example; I'm not insinuating that anything happened).  It's all up to you what you wish to make, really.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on August 08, 2013, 09:15:45 PM

Realistically, I don't think anyone would mind. However, I think that there are exceptions. Don't take someone else's mesh or skope and add a belt or belt buckle and say "Hey, check out my new and awesome skope!" Taking Spydermann's example, Grenadier's Superman was very much different than the one previously released by Renegade, Grenadier made his own completely different version of the character. Of course, there are exceptions to that as well, say a new set of keyframes were released for a pre-existing mesh, I don't think anyone would take offense to that, because it brings something new to that mesh, also, if the skin created for a pre-existing mesh required that the belt be hexxed or skoped off, such as Avalon's "Superman_nobelt_Av_Skope", which was used to create a version of DC's Ultraman, then that should be alright as well, especially since Renegade was given credit for the mesh and Avalon stated that all he did was hexx off the belt.

I think I went off on a tangent there, but you get my point. And if you are ever in doubt, ask.

In regards to my "Night_Thrasher" skope, you asked if you could skope the pieces onto the skateboarder skope I did, I sent you both skopes, permission automatically granted, no offense taken.

Amazo Version 2.2

thanx guys, i just wasnt sure if there was a specific rule for this or not. like wise, i wasnt sure if content creators get upset if other people release a newer version of something that they may have made.