Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on March 14, 2014, 08:01:21 AM
Truthfully I just don't give a rats arse about anything at the moment :/

I'm right there with you mate.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: AfghanAnt on March 14, 2014, 02:07:24 PM
Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on March 14, 2014, 08:01:21 AM
Truthfully I just don't give a rats arse about anything at the moment :/

I'm right there with you mate.

Add me to that as well....though the arse I'm thinking about is much sexier than a rats.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

BentonGrey

This too will pass, gents.  I've been busy and a bit burnt out, but I'm sure I'll come back to my projects before too long. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

I usually play Freedom Force vs the Third Reich for a few months, then play Total War for a few months, then play Civ for a few months, topped with sprinkles of other games every now and then.  Between the main three, though, I never get bored.

What can I say?  I'm a comic nerd AND a history fanatic :P

deano_ue

my point is guys its just not FF, i dont seem to give a damn about anything at the moment, all i seem to do is get up go to work, sleep and go to work. everything seems to go wrong and nothing ever ever goes my way without some huge hitch

i wanna skin, i wanna draw and i wanna do stuff i just cant seem to shift my self, because i'm just sick and tired of trying and getting nowhere

Cyber Burn

I'm right there with you TUE, between family, work, and classes, life just feels routine, and sometimes pointless. It's the same thing, day in and day out. I'm getting to the point where I'm just dreading the next day. I really need a change, an exit from the slump that I've fallen into.

hoss20

TUE & Cyber, I'm feeling the exact same way that you are. I'm, essentially, burned out on life in general and am frustrated that I don't have the time or desire to do one of the few things that always took my mind off of stuff and provided an escape from RL garbage.

SickAlice

Jup. Sorry to hear you and any of you are ailing. Seems the time of year, state of world affairs and time's arrow are making an abrasive grind on most folks. For me those stressors make me work on FF stuff more though, as well as you already know a lack of outlets until spring here. Hey, you and anyone else: Do what you need to when you do, there's never any fault in that.
If it helps your inner reserves (whoa, a  :ff: pun!!!  :rolleyes:) your work is a great inspiration to mine and I'm like a kid on Xmas when you release new FX especially. I download and use almost every one you make.

BentonGrey

Ahh, I'm sorry guys!  I know the feeling, though I'm not currently there.  It sounds like y'all need a change.  That doesn't necessarily have to be huge, a new career or the like, but perhaps just something small, or a number of small things.  Try breaking your routine, getting out and walking around in nature for a bit.  Watch the sunset, listen to a river, or perhaps find some live music.  Break the monotony.  It won't fix everything, but something like that can feel like a breath of air after you've been underwater a bit too long and your lungs are starting to burn.  I'm very sorry to hear that y'all are so discouraged, and we'll keep y'all in our prayers. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Deaths Jester

I feel like TUE and Cyber, but I have a direct need of vodka just to even feel that way on a good day....and it's not cause I need a change, I think I'm just burnt out on life lately.

BentonGrey

Well, you are undead, so that sorta' makes sense. ;)

Seriously though, burn-out is a pretty common problem in the modern age.  I definitely felt that way in Illinois, and there aren't easy answers to it.
God Bless

daglob

Check out Henri the existentialist cat on youtube.

Randomdays

I'm feeling it as well. Sometimes you feel in the mood to create, and thats sinking to a low point. Luckily, though my drive for modding in FF is taking a dive I'm picking up steam back in Neverwinter again.

Other days I'm in the mood to play. I just installed King's Bounty the Legend and Heroes of MM 5 that have been sitting around for a while. A lot prettier than Heroes 3, but not sure it packs the same punch

And then there's the days I just feel being a vegatable in front of the TV. I just finished watching season 1 of Gilligan (for some reason I found Ginger really annoying this time) and I'm half way through season two of Wild, Wild West and season 3 of Get Smart. also checking out some of the new things like Resurection and maybe "the 100" when it premieres.

Cyber Burn

I'm with you there Random, with motivation to create for FF at a low point, I've been watching a bit more TV. I've enjoyed the first couple of episodes of "Resurrection". I recorded "Believe", but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

I've got a handful of Skopes that are currently in progress, but just haven't had the energy to finish them yet.

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 17, 2014, 07:55:41 PM

Seriously though, burn-out is a pretty common problem in the modern age.  I definitely felt that way in Illinois, and there aren't easy answers to it.

Unfortunately, the Credentialing Program that I am in mandates that I stay where I am, so moving is currently not an option. If I don't finish the program, for any reason, I automatically default on my loans and have to pay every cent back in a ridiculously short amount of time. This is part of the reason that I have been feeling trapped, and is also a big part of my burned out feelings.

BentonGrey

I know that feeling, to a degree, CB.  You've got to find ways to feel free within the confines of your situation, and it isn't easy to do.  I was stuck in IL because my wife was in her degree program, and it wasn't like we could just pick up and leave until she was finished.  We were both miserable there, but we were too far in to turn back.  We had too much invested, both in terms of time and money.  We started escaping on the weekends to a state park a couple hour drive away.  IL was hideous, but that place was beautiful, and we felt like we were getting away for a little while.

Of course, FF is always an escape of mine too, though I sometimes have to fight through ennui to get back into it (and sometimes I can't).  I have been dragging on my Pulp mod for months now, not making any progress.  Last night I decided to approach it from a different direction.  I've just been writing, not playing it, so I decided to play through the mod for a change of pace.  I had a blast, and I find that I'm interested in the project and characters again. 

Obviously, what worked for me isn't necessarily going to work for anyone else, but nothing lasts forever, and if you can find a way to soldier on in the interim, hopefully something better is on the horizon.
God Bless

Deaths Jester

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 17, 2014, 07:55:41 PM

Hell, I'm tired of even undeath...if that's even possible...

BentonGrey

Well, there have been a lot of stories written about just that...
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Well, the Class I've been taking recently finished, so I have a week or two until I start up again. I'll admit that I'm still feeling pretty burnt out with life in general, but at least I've gotten back to Skoping some of the projects I've had on hold for a while. Barring any problems, I'm hoping to get at least a few knocked out before I go back to School.

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 19, 2014, 04:37:15 PM
Of course, FF is always an escape of mine too, though I sometimes have to fight through ennui to get back into it (and sometimes I can't).  I have been dragging on my Pulp mod for months now, not making any progress.  Last night I decided to approach it from a different direction.  I've just been writing, not playing it, so I decided to play through the mod for a change of pace.  I had a blast, and I find that I'm interested in the project and characters again

I'm glad to hear that the Pulp Mod is being worked on again, I always enjoy running through your Mods.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 22, 2014, 04:07:55 AM
Well, the Class I've been taking recently finished, so I have a week or two until I start up again. I'll admit that I'm still feeling pretty burnt out with life in general, but at least I've gotten back to Skoping some of the projects I've had on hold for a while. Barring any problems, I'm hoping to get at least a few knocked out before I go back to School.
Me too!  I've got spring break this week, and I'm hoping to make some major progress!

I'm glad you've got some time off.  Get some rest, and I hope you'll go back refreshed.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 22, 2014, 04:07:55 AM
I'm glad to hear that the Pulp Mod is being worked on again, I always enjoy running through your Mods.
Thanks CB!  It is very good to have one's work enjoyed! :D
God Bless

Cyber Burn

I am going to apologize in advance, I have fallen a bit behind on my Skopes. I am scheduled to move back into my house this weekend, but I still have to finish with this quarter as well, so I am coming down to the wire.

I know that I have started a few projects for people, they are still heavy WIP's, but I haven't forgotten about them. Since I will pretty much be living out of boxes for the next few weeks (At least), I'm expecting a few weeks before I get back into Skoping.

If anyone wants/needs these Skopes sooner, I won't be offended if you ask someone else, otherwise, I will happily resume work when I am able.

Again, I apologize for falling a bit behind.

SickAlice

You don't need to apologize CB. Everyone knows that life outside modding makes it's demands. As well you've done more than enough already for anyone just in addition to being a really nice person here. G'luck with everything and always looking forward to your releases when they come.

ShortFuse

As I said before, you will get no rush from me. Life comes first.

Cyber Burn

Much appreciated guys, I always feel bad not being able to keep a commitment in a timely matter. After next week, I should have a bit more free time to catch up.

BentonGrey

No worries CB.  We appreciate you man, so just do what you've got to do.
God Bless

Deaths Jester

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 03, 2014, 04:39:20 PM

Wait...Cyber is appreciated but nobody appreciates the DJ?!?!?!  Man, my life just went down hill.....:P

BentonGrey

Quote from: Deaths Jester on June 04, 2014, 02:36:40 PM

Wait...Cyber is appreciated but nobody appreciates the DJ?!?!?!  Man, my life just went down hill.....:P

Yep, now you've got it, DJ. :D  How does your life go downhill when you're undead? ;)
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Deaths Jester on June 04, 2014, 02:36:40 PM

I hate to admit it DJ, but you are very much appreciated. You're older Skins (AOA, DC, Etc.) are still some of my favorite. I always loved the style they were skinned in, and their colors were extremely vibrant.

And the Nazis that you an Carravaggio were doing were very inspiring.