News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Force X 3.3 ....half fail?

Started by kobelee, May 17, 2013, 10:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kobelee

I love  :ffvstr:,and I installed FF X 3.3 mod and..a lot of stuff is missing in terms of the what the attributes do and the effects for the powers/attacks.It's like either a) this is a good idea done half a** or b)there is something I'm not doing right.It's frustrating because I have this huge list of great characters from Marvel/DC/etc. and I can't do as much as I would like with them. I installed the full game to a normal location and then installed 3.2 then 3.3..Can someone tell me whats goin on?

spydermann93

I always thought the attributes' descriptions were pretty clear.

Have you tried looking at the manual?

hoss20

Quote from: spydermann93 on May 18, 2013, 12:49:05 AM
I always thought the attributes' descriptions were pretty clear.

Have you tried looking at the manual?

I'm thinking that's where the problem is. It's been a very long time since I installed FFX, but I don't think that there's a shortcut or anything pointing to the manual. You had to look for the folder. I could be wrong, but like I said; it's been a while.

Kobelee, you have a few options:

• Use the online manual located here: http://ffx.freedomforceforever.com/manual.htm
  • Go to the above page and use your browser to save it as a Web Archive to your local machine, so you can access it anytime (even offline)
  • Make a shortcut on your desktop and have it point to index.htm located in the Manual folder inside of your FFX folder

I also believe that FFXEdit2, which is used to customize most of the attributes and new powers, will be located outside of the FFX folder in the base FFVTTR directory.

If I mixed up what gets installed and where, would somebody else chime in? I just don't feel confident that I'm remembering correctly.

kobelee

Actually the "clairity" of what they do isnt the question..they dont work and neither do a lot of the effects.I need to know what i'm doing wrong and the manual isnt helping.

hoss20

After creating your custom characters, did you run the FFX Control Centre (or FFXEdit)? This is needed to "brand" the custom characters, so that the FFX attributes and custom power swaps you applied will work.

kobelee

OK I think thats what it might be.What exactly is the process? I tried the process from the website and nothing is happening.

hoss20

Find the ffxedit2.exe file located where I stated above. It will open up the FFX 3.0 Control Centre (FFvTTR). Make sure that your Data Folder is pointing to FFX3 or whatever mod you want to customize your characters for. At the bottom, you'll see a section that shows "Scanning .hero files..." and then a list of the hero files being scanned. The process only takes a second or two and that's it. Your hero files will be "branded" and the attributes will now work. The Control Centre is also where you make the customizations for attributes like Summoner, where you can choose what is being summoned, and also for the power swaps where you can replace Rage with Mental Damage, and so forth.

If you've done this already or this doesn't work, you'll have to give us step by step details, so that we can have a better idea of where things are going wrong.

kobelee

Ran it and... :banghead:    lol
ok let's start at the beginning.. :ffvstr: is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\FFvTTR
correct?

spydermann93

I have never had the GOG version of the game, but I don't think that the directory should be an issue.

Are you using the typical FFX3 folder?

Symon

My advice would be to NEVER install a game you intend to mod in program files. Too much chance that Bill's computer will decide you must be prevented from changing anything in those locations, which is what a mod does.

Try re-installing everything in say, C:\FF3R or similar.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

hoss20

This whole thing might be a a directory issue. Try looking at this thread which involves the different directory paths when using Steam or GOG versions: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=54518.msg737483#msg737483

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yeah, I believe that's the version of FFX with the fancy installer--made to work with the not Gog version.  You'll probably just need to manually move the files and drop them into the right place.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

kobelee

Got it working by installing EZFX after installing the main game THEN  installing FFX..  :doh: The graphics for the powers are showing now.

Thanks to Cat,Hoss,Symon & Spyderman for their advice. (Hope I didnt miss anyone!)

NEW PROBLEM!  :banghead: lol.But some of the attributes STILL arent working like the combo ones (any ideas?)

spydermann93

Well, if you haven't modified any of the script files, then I would think that the only issue would be that you didn't run the FFX Control Centre after making your character.

Which attributes are you primarily referring?

hoss20

Yeah, let us know which ones aren't working. I do remember a couple that may have had syntax errors ( a comma in the wrong place, too many spaces, that sort of thing).

Now, if you made your own combo, let us know how you did it and we can see if you missed a step or something.

kobelee

I'm only going by the attributes I've gone through in making characters..Spellcaster,Enchanter,Private Army,Natural Teleporter and Group Teleporter so far don't work.I have made no changes to the game other than adding FFX and adding characters

daglob

I've got a similar problem. One thing I found about with the SFX's is that some (actually a LOT) of them referenced the wrong directory. I ended up making TWO directories and that solved MOST of the problem. It was easier than taking ALL the ones' that referenced a directory that didn't exist and changing them. I've been slowly going through and re-directing the ones left that don't work to a directory that exists. But I'm lazy and am taking my time.

I still can't get a lot of the combinatino attributes to work. I have asked before, and it was suggested that I make some changes (I can't remember what exactly, but I saved the suggestion as a text file so I wouldn't have to). Check back in this forum and you should find it.

Epimethee

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 18, 2013, 11:43:02 PM
Yeah, I believe that's the version of FFX with the fancy installer--made to work with the not Gog version.  You'll probably just need to manually move the files and drop them into the right place.
interesting, as the fancy installer is supposed to get the game's path from the Windows registry instead of assuming a hard-coded default. Of course, the game itself needs to be put in a directory using its installer, otherwise the registry won't have the right path.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

catwhowalksbyhimself

I assumed it used the default path, so I am mistaken there.  You can ignore my previous post then.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.