News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Copying Cape Bones?

Started by cmdrkoenig67, January 24, 2013, 09:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdrkoenig67

Hi Freedom Folks,

Is it possible to copy and paste the cape bones of a mesh to another part of the mesh and somehow have them animate different mesh parts or would that have to be done in 3DS Max?

Dana

Randomdays

Each part of a mesh is tied to a bone. If you moved the cape bones to the legs, the legs wouldn't move with the cape unless you tied the leg polys to the cape bone. Blender or Max would be able to do it since it involves rerigging.

cmdrkoenig67

detourne_me

However it is possible to just move the bones up or down, if that's something you want to do...
For example the 300 spartan and Leonidas slopes I did years back were based on the Entimedawla meshes.  They have loincloths that flap,  I just moved the nodes up to the shoulders area so I could give them capes that actually worked.

cmdrkoenig67

Thank you DM...I was hoping to have the extra cape bones animate hair parts of a mesh, but as RD said, the bones would have to be rigged to the hair mesh pieces.

I tried pasting in a ponytail part that works on another Skoped mesh (which is the exact same mesh as the one I'm working on, really).  The ponytail part works only if its in it original position (on top of the head), but if I move it anywhere else (I have to remove the skin instance to keep it from bouncing around during animation) it ceases to move....Sigh.

Dana