News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Part of a complete breakfast - updated

Started by Randomdays, October 14, 2012, 08:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

The meshers and skinners have done a fantastic job covering just about every superhero/ villian out there, but sometimes instead of watching someone saving the world one more time, you just want to see someone get hit with a handy anvil or piano. The other half of Saturday morning and comics is pretty light on FF, but for those who want something a little different to try, here's the first set of the other guys who made Saturday morning fun. Pull out your Danger Room or Superhero TV and a box of your favorite cereal, and enjoy.
*****************************************************************************************
*Update - I noticed when testing some new meshes I'm working on that they weren't going up slopes in the park, walking through them instead, as well
*as walking through objects.
*Investigating, theres a line for the mesh in nifskope for bounding box. This seems to be the problem. Turning the box on fixed the problem on one
*of them, but crashed the program on another. Looking into the problem and hope to have an answer soon.
*Sorry for the error - still learning as I go.
*Edit on these - they all appear to be good. Its possible that size changing on an import fixes the problem, and these have all been adjusted in size. No
*updates appear to be needed on these.
*****************************************************************************************

Lots of notes on these.

All meshes have been size adjusted to where I think they should be. All characters are a bit shorter than standard.

Bugs, Daffy, Foghorn, Porky and Wile use Bearded's Joker kfs and comes with a mallet attack and a gun. They'll work with male basic as well. Bugs was able to burrow with the ant kfs, but adding the anim to the Joker's kfs caused a lockup.

The shine on Porky and Speedy has been corrected on the final meshes.

Speedy and the Roadrunner use Gren's Makkari kfs. Most of the other speedster meshes/kfs won't work in Blender.

Yosemite Sam is on Gren's Punisher kfs. He has anims for either 1 or 2 gun action, as well as alternate walk/run anims with guns out. There's also a second nif included with guns always out.

I'm still learning and having trouble with rigging, especially since some of these are nonstandard with shorter than normal legs. Porky in particular didn't come out all that well. Most are using a simplified rigging - all fingers groups are not done and they're tied to the hand instead, the neck group is removed and added to the head group instead, and in a couple of cases the foot was removed and added to the calf. Any of the more experienced riggers out there who want to redo them, please have a try. They still look pretty good in game as is though.

I've noticed that if I resize a mesh down in nifskope, it increases the run animation speed. Speedy is an example of this. If anyone knows why, any help would be appreciated. Edit - Found some info on the board and problem solved.

Some of the meshes use a simplified form of skinning where each color is a seperate tga mapped to part of the mesh. Skinners would have to probably remap if they wanted to reskin.

Last, Yosemite Sam uses a standard skin, and I would give big thanks to anyone who would reskin him from Cowboy Sam to Pirate Sam.

All meshes can be found in a new Yahoo group, FF Swap Shop Attic;

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/swap_shop_attic/

I have meshes for most of the LT group besides these, so more on the way if anyone wants them and when time permits.

crimsonquill

:thumbup: AWESOME! Looney Toons can now run amok in the Freedom Force now!

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Cyber Burn

I never thought I'd see this in FF, good work here.

detourne_me

these guys are fantastic!!
if you want to give bugs a burrow nimation, have you tried looking at Texas Jack's Spy vs. Spy mesh?

Randomdays

Not yet.... have to see if I have that one. That might be a good alternate rig if it has the mallet attacks as well. And if it works.

One of the other Jokers I looked at had a good fly animation with a propeller pack on the back ,that would have been good for Wile, but it wouldn't work with Blender.

If anyone is good at transforms or weapon node attachments, I have a Tazmanian devil with a spin attack. I would like to either transform him to his cyclone mesh, or have it as a shrinking/expanding weapon attached to spine1 that would cover him over when he attacks or runs.

About the only other thing that would be great for these would be for some voicepacks to bring their characters out.

I have meshes of the following to set up when time permits;

Pepe le Pew

Granny, Tweety, Sylvester

Marvin, K9, Instant Martians, "Martian Maggot" Spaceship

Taz, Elmer, Gossamer, Blacque Jacque Shellaque, The Crusher

Gruesome Gorilla, Nasty Canasta, Toro the Bull

Bugs - Mr Hyde Bugs, Cowboy, Outer Space, Detective

Possible meshes/costume changes - Baseball Bugs, Super Bugs, Teen Girl Bugs, Daffy as Duck Dodgers

About the only ones I don't have but would like would be Daffy as Stupor Duck, Cowboy Daffy or Robin Hood, Or Porky as Eager Young Space Cadet.

Klauser

Awesome work!  I can't wait for the follow-on meshes - Marvin and Duck Dodgers!!  Yay!!!

Sioux City Dynamo

These will be a lot fun!  Thanks for your hard work!
Io

SickAlice

Gosh those are just excellent! Very nice.
I had an idea for a Taz, using a speedster mesh that has a spinning animation and cheating to add a pre-made mesh from another game (the n64 for example).
You should give it a shot since your on a roll already and have better results with that than myself.
Your Road Runner is my favorite, I have an affection for that character and your result is perfect.

Randomdays

Thats what i was looking at for Taz, but "cheating" is out of my skill level. Hoping someone who can do a transform or weapon attachment can help out - to add the spinning cyclone mesh on.

SickAlice

I can add the cyclone (I'm assuming either a cone with alpha or sculpted tornado) to any mesh without issue. Likewise you can too, at worst by taking any one of my " Lantern basic" meshes, which come with prefabbed .obj files for import and export via Nifskope, and any of the nodes can be copied and pasted anywhere else on the mesh (or any other for that matter). Making it so the cyclone was hidden during animations except the spinning was is past me otherwise, since I don't do keyframes. Really, I think it would be easier to have a Taz model on a mesh that has a spinning animation, and a separate FX for the cyclone (Taz Spin or whatever).
Here is a Flash TAS made by several parties. It has a bunch of different and possibly usable features on the mesh itself. The included keys likewise, especially spinning animations. I quickly attached a skinned cone to this. It's node is named " cyclone " and it's attached to the Spine 1 node. You can easily copy this to any part of the mesh, and reposition it. I also included the cyclone .obj file which you can modify in any 3d program, then reimport the new file in Nifskope in it's place. it includes it's own skin, but that isn't hard to change of course. The node obviously can be renamed to whatever it needs to be. Hope it help's the process along in some manner if at all.
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/temp/Flash%20TAS%20cyclone.rar

Randomdays

Thanks... I'll take a look at it when I can. I hadn't thought about making the cyclone an fx - that could work where the fx would activate during an attack. I'll have to look into that.

bevo

I just had to pop on and say how ridiculously bad arse these are.