News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Orange and Red Lanterns

Started by SickAlice, August 27, 2012, 10:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

I took down my previous releases of Larfleeze and Bleez as I moved the files after being inspired to make many Lanterns, and therefore felt the need for a new page. The short of it was I was taking a break from a different set of characters to do Larfleeze, and in the  process took up my favorite Red Lantern Bleez. I then thought it would be fun to do Dex-Starr, and wondered if anyone made an Atrocitus yet? In that, I really noticed how many common parts their usually are in a Red Lantern Corps uniform, and thought to make a template first. That template become a mesh, and I then had a blast and pulled as many of these Red Lanterns off as possible. And I plan on even more Lanterns!

So the releases are:

Red Lanterns: Bleez, Atrocitus, Dex-Starr, Antipathy, Fury-6, Haggor, Skallox, Veon, Vice, Zillius Zox and Red Lantern Basic.

The basic Red Lantern is a gift to you so you can make your own Red Lanterns. It was based on Ren's Sinestro. I added the uniform geometries and made a Red Lantern ring, as well a head. I packed in the .obj files with it, so if your feeling frisky you can open them up in whatever modelling program and interchange parts then Import the new ones in place via Nifskope (really so you can give them whatever head you like, Red Lantern Corps loves weird heads! ;)). Most of the males are based directly in this mesh, even Dex. Some of them may look a little tame, and most of that is for a quick skin job on my part, but took a closer look at the heads. I hope you'll be pleased. Atrocitus hails form Ink and Gren's Kilowog, again sharing many of  the geometries as RLBasic. Bleez and Antipathy both stem from Ink's Jade. Bleez's wings are  just for show, sorry. I had to decide on GL type keys or wings. Finally there is Zillius Zox... whoo-boy. This one went on Ink's Galius Zed, and was somewhat of a pain to pull off. I had to figure out how to get rid of the extra set of legs, then replace the first set with arms on this fussy mesh. Originally I sculpted a mouth with teeth, and I also represented the Red Lantern Corps symbol with a hand made emblem like I did the others, but those parts made this look even more ridiculous than it does now.

Ratchet is Ren's Sinestro. I made and added all the new parts then hid all of the original parts and resized it at the handle. Rankorr is more of the same Sinestro with Red Lantern parts added. I turned off the gauntlets and added in armwings and then some hair, and finally the head FX from the Firestorm mesh. Atrocitus has been patched so his defensive animation now has a Red Lantern shield instead of a GL one.

Guy is both Ren's Guy and John Stewart. I added alpha channels, new pieces and skins. The pack comes with New 52 as the standard, Classic, DCU Red Lantern (pre-Flashpoint), New 52 Red Lantern and New 52 Lantern V.2 (Grunge version).

The Orange Lanterns have been improved and more added. All Orange Lantern Corps members (except Larfleeze) come with three skins. A living as the standard, a construct skin and a Black Lantern one.

Larfleeze now includes a sculpted aura (for an example for another user on how it's done). I also included an Avarice emblem aura. Then I resculpted the head a bit to better resemble Larfleeze and added ears for the New 52 (he grew dog ears or something) and  reskinned it. Finally I brought in some FX, fire for the head to make his pre-Flashpoint look more authentic, and energy for the ring.

Glomulus is no longer prepacked with Larfleeze. He now includes more skins, and I adjusted his values and added rings.

Cypta uses Ink's Magma/Storm for a base. I removed all the physical data leaving only the rigging and FX and added all new Clypta parts.

Warp Wrap is Ren's Sinestro. I deleted all parts of the original with the exception of the rigging and made and imported Warp Wrap parts.

Sound Dancer is Ink's Jade. I hid all Jade parts except for the rigging and animation and made Sound Dancer in place. Removal in this case caused the nif to longer conform to the keyframes.

Volthoom, the First Lantern is Gren's Vindicator/Guardian. I only added his insides (somewhat like a circulatory system but for emotional spectrum energy I guess), some alpha and skin animation channels. Not really a Red or Orange but I didn't fill like packing the release forum with a thread just for him.

I upgraded Dex-Starr version 2 so he would look more like a cat and less like a cartoon, using Val's BigCatVersatile as a base. I hid the mane and tail tuft then sculpted the head and tail to match a house cat. I added red lantern parts and a handle and re sized the scene. I added fx to the tail and lightened the values.

Use these however you like.  They can be found here on my Green Lantern page.
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/green.html

Cyber Burn

Sooo freaking awesome. Though Veon_Ren isn't letting me download it.

SickAlice

Thanks Cyber Burn. I checked Veons link, and it seems fine. Downloaded @1.2 mb and the rar opened properly on my end. Not sure whats going on there.
I really hope to see what anyone makes.

ShawDAMAN

Not really familiar with these characters, but that is incredible work  :blink: :wacko: :thumbup:

SickAlice

Thank you. I just pounded out the basic mans for Sinestro Corps, Blue Lanterns, Green Lantern Corps, White Lanterns and Black Lanterns. I'm finishing off Sinestro, Saint Walker, Hank Henshaw, and Indigo-1 tonight. Doing heavy skinning on Sinestro right now for his movie and Flashpoint skins. Expect on update soon.

SickAlice

Added Ratchet and Rankorr, patched Atrocitus.

Bloodshadow

You are awesome SA! :thumbup:
Time to skin Rankorr :D

vorelliwiseau

Nice job, SA! You're building up quite a collection here.

Cyber Burn

Really liking Atrocitus' Active Defense animation. Very well done.

SickAlice

Thanks, glad to see peoples getting enjoyment out of these.
Added Guy Gardner pack (yes, moving into the Greens finally).

vorelliwiseau

No way, Beard Lantern Gardner! Just downloaded him and Sinestro, and again, I wasn't disappointed. Nice job on these, SA!

Cyber Burn

Another release, you are on a serious roll here. As always, I look forward to seeing what's next.

SickAlice

Thanks CB. Here's what's next: Patched and updated both Larfleeze and Glomulus. Released Clypta, Warp Wrap and Sound Dancer. More Lanterns to come.

spydermann93

I'm loving all of these releases, SickAlice!

They're like a bunch of little birthdays with awesome presents! :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

So looking forward to downloading these. Excellent work!

SickAlice

Thanks and thanks. I'm glad your enjoying them.

Added Volthoom, the First Lantern to the Lanterns page.

Cyber Burn

Wow!!! I just checked this out in Character Tool, and it is fantastic.  :thumbup:

vorelliwiseau

You were right, Cyber. That circulatory system is kickass!

SA, your output record, man...you're a skoping machine.

SickAlice

Updated Dex-Starr to version 2.

Cyber Burn

I can't tell you enough how cool that looks, I can't wait to download it.

SickAlice

Thanks. I'm happy with it. I really despised my previous one, it was such a mess. Plus the community has a kitty to play with now as well (extras can be hidden, deleted or alpha'd off).
Sadly this and the other will still be my only releases for a bit yet. They were easy uploads. The rest are multiple to a page. I have lots done to upload.

Starman

Nice work  :thumbup: These guys looks amazing in-game

Podmark

Aww, it's a little kitty   :wub:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page