The Dark Knight Rises!

Started by detourne_me, July 19, 2012, 07:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat1987

Quote from: Midnite on August 02, 2012, 06:29:36 PM
Just wondering how would you guys cast the Batman reboot?
Not neccessarily the characters i predict will be in the next one just what I'd like to see down the line:

Batman/Bruce Wayne - Jon Hamm, would really like to see this one, but i doubt it would happen
Nightwing/Dick Grayson - Jared Padalecki
Robin/Tim Drake - Nicholas Hoult
Lucius Fox - Giancarlo Esposito (but I think he should have not as big role in the reboot)
Alfred - John Cleese maybe?
Gordon - I agree with Midnite here, Bryan Cranston is such a good choice that i would be dissapointed if they cast someone else
Hugo Strange - Ben Kinglsey
Ra's Al Ghul - Christopher Lee
Riddler - Johnny Depp or Neil Patrick Harris

XStream

I have to agree with many who have already posted in the thread, we already saw that Nolan's Batman wished to retire in the future and was forced/coerced into retirement due to his bodies condition. For the story, it is no small stretch that he was pulled back in to being Batman when the League of Shadows targeted him. Bruce was very curious about Catwoman's desire for a fresh start. It was a theme that ran through the whole movie. Bruce Wayne was always going to get a fresh start, and he was always planning for retirement.

That being said, I like how the detective in him leads him to find Selina Kyle after she robs him. Catwoman works in this movie because she is not just some thrill-junkie thief, but a young lady who became stuck in a lifestyle that she desperately wanted to leave behind. Bruce was living the same life! I think it was an excellent tale all the way through.

I know it isn't DC's current Batman, but that wasn't what I expected. I wanted to see a good movie with a good story and for it to entertain me. TDKR delivered.

Great year for comic movies!
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

JeyNyce

That's the way I see it Stream.  It's a story of the Batman.  It has nothing to do with the comics storyline.  It's it own story.  Almost like a what if.  I think most people who saw the movie wanted it to be "off the pages of the comic" and it's not that.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Courtnall6

Over all I enjoyed the film. Tom Hardy is just awesome in everything he does so no real complaints about his portrayal of Bane. It was a fitting end to Nolan's Batrilogy. :cool:

Spoiler
I didn't like Nolan's tacked on reference to Robin though. The first name thing was lame. It would have been much better if he had changed his name from Dick Grayson.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.