News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Stuff I've Been Working On: Base Skins 2/26/15

Started by hoss20, June 14, 2012, 03:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Very nice Hoss, great texture on the skin. I can't wait till the FOP update!!!

laughing paradox

Kalibak looks so good! I really dig it.

I know I've been MIA for a while now, I've just been busy with a bunch of things lately. However, the site will be updated sooner than later, including a bunch of great stuff by Hoss.

windblown

Starman

hoss20

Thanks, guys.

I spoke to LP on Friday and the Force of Paradox update with a ton of new releases should be coming soon.

spydermann93

Quote from: hoss20 on June 15, 2014, 09:17:23 PM
Thanks, guys.

I spoke to LP on Friday and the Force of Paradox update with a ton of new releases should be coming soon.

YAY!!!1 :thumbup:

hoss20

...and Kalibak is unleashed! He's on my page at Force of Paradox

Also, the Cap_Shield_AoX FX that I created by request for Murs47's skin is now available.

I also created a Cap Rally FX using the Minuteman Rally FX. I made a slight change to the circling stars, updated the American flag, and (most importantly) added a clip from the Avengers movie theme for the sound FX. Both FX, along with Laughing Paradox's new Mental Beam FX, can be found on this page: http://forceofparadox.yolasite.com/new.php

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

WyldFyre

Very nice Hoss. Looking forward to some Kalibak kicking.  :)
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

hoss20

To celebrate my 1000th post on Freedom Reborn, I decided to get fancy and have a little fun with my preview of everybody's favorite DC bada$$...Despero.

He's done on Gren's Wendigo. I had to shrink him down a bit and I'm currently working on appropriate animations. He'll be released soon with a horde of LP's DC stuff (along with another skope of mine that he's skinning) with the next Force of Paradox update.

spydermann93

Starman

Whoa! Cool! It's nice to see a classic DC baddie getting some love  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Ohh man, that's awesome!  I agree with CB, nice way to celebrate an milestone! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

WyldFyre

Now THAT's what I call a teaser!  :thumbup:

Looking good Hoss.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

trebean

laughing paradox

I love that preview image! Looks so much like a cover for JLI or JLE!

Despero is looking great, too. I love the clasp and cape, how well that looks together.

hoss20

Thanks all. It really means a lot that you guys like what you see.

Benton, out of respect for you, I did not include Aquaman in the pile of defeated JLA members.

abenavides

Awesome looking Despero. Makes me want to update my hero file!
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: hoss20 on July 13, 2014, 08:47:20 PM

:D Now all your preview pics are going to have to be like that.  :D

BentonGrey

Quote from: hoss20 on July 13, 2014, 08:47:20 PM

Benton, out of respect for you, I did not include Aquaman in the pile of defeated JLA members.

Haha! :lol:  Awesome!  You're good people, Hoss. :thumbup:
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

That is an awesome Despero, and the preview image is excellent! Just like a comic cover.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Figure Fan

Wow, the cape and collar look so cool. Nice job with the preview image, too :thumbup:

hoss20

Despero is now available to wreak havoc upon the Justice League. I also created a Dr. Light II skope with great skin by Laughing Paradox. Although, I guess she'll also be trodden under Despero's heel.

They're both available in my DC section at Force of Paradox

hoss20

Well, gang, I messed up. I had to do a lot of work on the Despero keyframes (resizing body parts to fit non-Wendigo keyframes) and in doing so, forgot to shrink the skope down to an appropriate size for Despero. This is now done and I've sent the updated skope to LP to upload. In the meantime, those with Nifskope experience can feel free to scale down the Scene Root to 0.85 or anyone is welcome to PM me with their email and I'll be more than happy to send you the updated nif file.

Sorry for the mix up, but I just feel that as big a boy as Despero is, that the Wendigo mesh I used as a base is way too large for the character.

hoss20

No, Freedom Force doesn't really need another base skin, especially after Murs released his. However, I have let a few of my friends here in on another venture that I am pursuing involving my creation of a superhero board game. I am in the need for images for my heroes and Grenadier and Vertex were gracious enough to allow me to use their meshes as models for my heroes. Along with this, I wanted to create my own base so that, at least, all of the artwork would be of my own creation. I am using my original heroes and villains for the game and have been working on a base skin. I'll end up using this for all skopes that I skin from now on, but I wanted to get any tips or suggestions from anyone who cares to offer any. This is a combination of photoskin and my limited artistic ability. I am reasonably happy with how the rendering turned out, but I'm not sure about the skin color. It could possibly use some more contrast, but in doing that, I don't want to lose some of the more subtle shading. I've been messing with all sorts of blending and layer types, but I can't quite get the look I want. I would be very welcome to hear any Photoshop advice. This is more for my use, but if anyone would be interested in using this, I would be more than happy to release it for public consumption.

Outcast

I would be very interested in using your base Hoss20.

I think the face work, upper body and the lower legs starting from the knee looks very good Hoss20. So i am really impressed with what you've done so far in making your own base.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in skinning would offer the tips and suggestions you're asking for.