News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Stuff I've Been Working On: Base Skins 2/26/15

Started by hoss20, June 14, 2012, 03:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoss20

A mention of this guy in one of Benton's threads prompted me to do skope I've been thinking about for a while. Of course, I'm old enough to remember this guy from way back in the 70's when my brother started collecting Nova. So, here's Diamondhead. He's done on GGX_Martinex_Gren with some added pieces by Renegade and Tommyboy along with a little Blender magic by me to get the head right.

I've uploaded him to my Yahoo group (link in my signature).

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

laughing paradox

Hoss, the blender job on his head really amped the character up. I already like the skin, as you well know!

Did you put reflection on his blue suit? It looks cool.

hoss20

No, actually the edges and highlights are all due to the diamond form of the mesh. I mentioned in Benton's thread, and it's worth repeating, that the reason this thing looks any good is due to Gren's masterful work in creating the original mesh. As you know from skinning Martinex yourself, it's kind of fun seeing the effects the different shades and colors in the refl file have on the lighting of the diamond form.

BentonGrey

I just love this guy, Hoss.  Great work man, and that skin is really nice!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Avalon

Great work. Now I will  have to revisit my Nova skoped mesh.

hoss20

From time to time, I had thought about doing this old Thor foe who eventually came into conflict with Captain Mar-vell, as well. When Djfredski requested him a little while back, I decided to get moving on doing a skope. Mercurio can generate fire from his right hand and ice from his left. He generally doesn't have these powers "activated" all of the time, so I wanted to have a skope where the powers showed only when he used them. It took a little longer than I would have liked. Fortunately, Windblown came to my rescue with his tutorial, so that I could add appearing/disappearing FX to the animations. Vorelliwiseau then helped immensely, as he discovered the answer to a problem we were both having. This enabled me to add a physical "Ice Fist" that appears during a few animations. I included a low quality video to showcase the animations. So, here's a relatively obscure villain, Mercurio:

He's been uploaded to my Yahoo group. (link in my signature)

AfghanAnt

BigD

Hey guys :lol:, remember the last time I was talking about Mercurio himself and when I was about to request him to come my way he was unfortunately not available yet since nobody did him just yet or the fact is that he wasn't released just yet :mellow: and :(. But now guess what :D... Now that my patience has paid off for this year known as 2013, I have now discovered that Hoss has officially released his own version of Mercurio designed in his own way and above all I really like it very much :thumbup:. Way to go on Mercurio Hoss, I do hope that you keep up the good work and bring us more of your latest creations and designs in the form of new characters in the form of heroes and villains depending on which comic universe they are from ;).

BigD
:cool:

P.S. I'm going to download Mercurio now Hoss, and along with that I will enjoy him, create him and play with him in the DANGER ROOM and/or RUMBLE ROOM on :ff:0and/or :ffvstr: depending on which version it is for at the same time :).

hoss20

Quote from: BigD on December 30, 2013, 05:29:57 AM
P.S. I'm going to download Mercurio now Hoss, and along with that I will enjoy him, create him and play with him in the DANGER ROOM and/or RUMBLE ROOM on :ff:0and/or :ffvstr: depending on which version it is for at the same time :).

Oh yeah, gang, he's for  :ffvstr: due to the fact that I made him with the appearing/disappearing FX during animations. I mention this in the Read Me file, but I should have announced it here. Altering :ff: keyframes for the ability to make stuff appear and disappear is quite a bit different from  :ffvstr: and those of us doing this stuff in NIfskope haven't discovered the way to do this for the original game. Windblown mentions this in his thread and I'm just glad that he shared his wisdom with us so that we could at least do this for one of the games.  :thumbup:

I hope you enjoy him, BigD.

AA, I always appreciate feedback from those members whose work I really respect. Thank you.

Podmark

That's pretty awesome.
I now dub you "some kind of wizard" as well.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

Sweet stuff, Hoss!

I can't wait to try him out! :thumbup:

windblown

That's an amazing skope!! I love the frozen fist animations, and I'm really glad that someone used the tutorial :)

hoss20

Not really an update as much as correcting a stupid error. I forgot to remove the blue box surrounding the skope that I used to showcase the FX better in the video. I've re-uploaded the skope to my Yahoo group. I believe the cool thing about the box (which I borrowed from Ink's Supercracker mesh), is that it doesn't show up in game. I just went ahead and removed it anyway.

I also wanted to thank everyone for the compliments. I'm glad that it turned out well enough to receive some positive feedback.

Cyber Burn

The compliments are more than well deserved, this Skope turned out AWESOME, and the skin is also very nicely done.

Deaths Jester

I had thought of doing that character but due to the head I axed him from my list...might have to rethink that....hmmm...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

BentonGrey

Ohh, he's got a nice look to him.  I like that skin, Hoss.  That's nice, but the skope/animations are really (forgive the pun) cool!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

hoss20

Nothing huge here. Just in case it was missed in the latest massive update at Force of Paradox; here's an Ironclad skin on Gren's updated Ironclad mesh. I know people aren't exactly clamoring for my skins, but being that I had skoped Vapor and X-Ray and updated my old Vector skin a little while back, Laughing Paradox suggested that I go ahead and update my ancient Ironclad skin to complete the U-Foes. So, here's a little before and after, keeping in mind that the original skin was done nearly 10 years ago:

Original                                                                                                       Update

So, on top of working with a much improved mesh, thanks to Grenadier, I was able to add my own metallic texture along with a little reflection. All in all, an improvement, I hope. He's available in the U-Foes section on my page at Force of Paradox.

Bloodshadow

Nice update :cool:
Don't sell yourself short,I enjoy your skins and skopes,I think you do great work.

spydermann93

Quote from: Bloodshadow on February 03, 2014, 01:23:18 PM
Don't sell yourself short,I enjoy your skins and skopes,I think you do great work.

Agreed! :thumbup:

AfghanAnt

Hey looks great. The only thing I would adjust he looks more like chrome than iron. If you darkened him up just a bit it would look a little more irony. Also it might help the reflective details pop more.

laughing paradox

It's clearly a major improvement.. I really like how this skin came out. My favorite part of the skin are the little details in the dark recesses that reflect.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Ohh man, that is just night and day!  That's a really nice skin, Hoss.  You're improving like crazy, man. :D
God Bless

windblown

Epimethee

Quote from: windblown on February 06, 2014, 12:40:17 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 03, 2014, 02:14:15 PM
Quote from: spydermann93 on February 03, 2014, 01:31:43 PM
Quote from: Bloodshadow on February 03, 2014, 01:23:18 PM

Agreed! :thumbup:

Agreed!  :thumbup:

Agreed! The updated version is really cool :thumbup:
Agreed!

With that said, I also agree with AA's suggestion of darkening him to feel closer to how iron looks. ;)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

hoss20

I went ahead and revisited my previously unreleased skope of Kalibak and decided to give him an original skin along with adding some pieces. I decided to use the version that I found on the MarvelLegends.net site under the DC Universe Classics action figure/collectibles section.

This is the first skin I've done in a little while, with thanks to Murs47 and Gryphon for their bases. We should be having an upcoming release at Force of Paradox shortly with some new skopes by me skinned by Laughing Paradox.

spydermann93