News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Stuff I've Been Working On: Base Skins 2/26/15

Started by hoss20, June 14, 2012, 03:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoss20

Thanks a lot, Benton. It still makes me feel good knowing that some of you guys out there not only like what I've done, but like the stuff enough to use it in your own Rumble Rooms or mods. I especially appreciate it when improvements are noticed, whether in my skins, skopes, or both. As mentioned in a previous post, LP and I have some stuff on the way. He wants to recharge his batteries before skinning all of the junk I've sent him, but we do have one available soon after we smooth out the final details. I also have some stuff I'll be finishing up soon. The skopes are done and I'm skinning them now.

By the way, Benton, I've been thinking for a while now, do you need an updated Terrible Trio for Aquaman?  :lol: They weren't easy characters to skope, but wow, I did a HORRIBLE job on them.

BentonGrey

Well man, your hard work is quite evident.  Awesome!  I can't wait to see what y'all have in store for us!  Can we get any hints? 

Haha, they weren't horrible, but their actual designs were, other than Torpedo.  What I'd like is to see them redesigned and for someone just to create whatever they want for those other two parts of the Trio.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

hoss20

Well, I haven't spoken to my skinning friend in a few days, so I don't know if he'll let me give any hints for what we have coming, but I have a hint pic for what I'm working on. I tried to emulate their look on their first cover appearance. The only hint I will give is that, to my knowledge, they have not been meshed, skoped, or skinned by anyone yet (at least released, anyway). They're kind of obscure, so hopefully, no one will guess.  :twisted:

spydermann93

Quote from: hoss20 on July 31, 2012, 11:29:25 PM
Well, I haven't spoken to my skinning friend in a few days, so I don't know if he'll let me give any hints for what we have coming, but I have a hint pic for what I'm working on. I tried to emulate their look on their first cover appearance. The only hint I will give is that, to my knowledge, they have not been meshed, skoped, or skinned by anyone yet (at least released, anyway). They're kind of obscure, so hopefully, no one will guess.  :twisted:

Definitely He-Man skopes.

I'm calling it, because I see that winged-dude in the background (I can't remember his name; Stratos or something like that? :doh:)

Cyber Burn

Earthlord, Skyhawk, and Windwarrior? Some obscure Thor characters?

hoss20

Aw man, Cyber, you got it.  :( Not to worry, Spydermann, if you didn't know ol' Thor from some 25+ years ago, you probably wouldn't recognize Earth Force. That was a good guess, though. Cyber, I can only imagine that you collected Thor back then, being that Earth Force has made like, 5 appearances, at the most, in the Marvel Universe. Kudos to you, my friend.

Now, to celebrate my first post as an official Hero Member (it only took me over 8 years), I am previewing a little collaboration from me and Laughing Paradox. He had asked me to skope her and I had admitted that I had thought of doing a skope of her in the past. I hope she turned out well enough. Of course, LP's skin rocks it, as usual. So, here she is, Gamora:

More stuff to come!

Sioux City Dynamo

Lol Hoss!  I read the Kane Chronicles this summer and decided to go on an Egyptian skin and scope marathon!  With that in mind based on your preview we have both done marvels earth force!
Io

spydermann93

Quote from: hoss20 on August 02, 2012, 02:55:51 AM
Aw man, Cyber, you got it.  :( Not to worry, Spydermann, if you didn't know ol' Thor from some 25+ years ago, you probably wouldn't recognize Earth Force. That was a good guess, though. Cyber, I can only imagine that you collected Thor back then, being that Earth Force has made like, 5 appearances, at the most, in the Marvel Universe. Kudos to you, my friend.

Haha, no problem :P

I'm always happy to learn more about comic book characters, especially obscure ones.

Can't wait to see what they end up looking like :D

Btw, Gamora looks great :thumbup:

ShawDAMAN

Cool Gamora! Love the scaly texture on her costume.

Cyber Burn

Gamora looks great, you and LP make a GREAT team.

And once upon a time, I did collect an issue or two of Thor, I always looked for first appearances of new characters.

daglob

hoss20

It should be at Force of Paradox, but I know that LP hasn't been in the swing of things for a while. He should have the finished product. I had just done a little skinning adjustment on the dagger. I'd be happy to send it to you or I could post it on my old Yahoo site.

Cyber Burn

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it as well. Is it based off of Syn's Warpath mesh?

hoss20

The base mesh is Gren's Tiger's Daughter, but the right handed knife is from Syn's Warpath (with the left handed dagger being from Gren's latest Hogun mesh).

Cyber, I have your e-mail from a previous exchange, so I'll send it out to you.

laughing paradox

Man, I should really upload that. I don't know if I have the final version of it or not.

murs47

Very excellent Gamora...scales are awesome! :thumbup:

hoss20

What began as a request for a skin for a skope by Djfredski in this thread, http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=56565.0 resulted in a collaboration that I was very happy with. Djfredski gave me a very nice foundation skope to work with and I added a few things I learned over the years. The skinned turned out pretty well for me (and I stress, for ME). I've uploaded it to my Yahoo group (in my signature). So, now along with Gamora, you Infinity Watch collectors can have a full group.

Edit: I have temporarily removed the Pip skope from my Yahoo group as Cyber Burn has alerted me that it contains a piece from a Fusion mesh. Fusion is one of the meshers that had forbidden his work to be used in skopes. I completely missed this in the Read Me that Djfredski had provided me. I have reached out to Djfredski to find out which piece it was, so that I can, hopefully, find a suitable replacement piece and re-release the skope.

hoss20

Benton was looking for some Squadron Supreme members for an update to his great Marvel Mod. Even though we have Fusion's great Skrullian Skymax mesh, Benton's search reminded me that I had thrown together a skope a little while back using Renegade's Martian Manhunter. He had a good skull to use as a base for a Skrull and had phasing animations to pass for Skymax's invisibility power. So, I decided to do a couple of original skins and now he's ready for release.

He's at the Yahoo group in my signature.

Cyber Burn

You do excellent work my friend, and never cease to impress.

Outcast

windblown

Very nice Hoss, and that's a clever usage of the phasing animations.

hoss20

Pip the Troll has been re-released. The Fusion piece was the awesome hair, so I found some hair from Tommyboy and Ink and combined them to try to get the same look.

Cyber Burn

I'm glad that you were able to get Pip re-done, not that I'm a big fan of the character, but I think it's a great skope.

Also, I went back over your Skymax skope, I never would have though to use a beard for the chin, nice use of parts on that one.

hoss20

Thanks a lot, Cyber. As I was working on the skin for Pip and started tinkering with the skope, I really began to get excited about him. If Djfredski hadn't requested a skin from me and given me a great base skope to start with, I really wouldn't have had all that much interest in doing the character myself. I'm glad you liked how he turned out.

Thanks for noticing the pieces on Skrullian Skymax. The mapping for the beard fit right into the male_basic art file, so it blended relatively easily.

Cyber Burn

While I've got your attention, I hope you don't mind a quick question. What mesh did you get the ears from for Pip?

hoss20

The ears were put on by Djfredski, but I did a little searching myself and it appears that the ears are from Arkkis_Chummuck_Ink.

Amazo Version 2.2

both pip and skymax look fantastic and
QuoteThe skinned turned out pretty well for me (and I stress, for ME).
, and you need to give yourself more credit, you did a great job skinning pip.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

billdamn22

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on September 27, 2013, 10:02:28 PM
both pip and skymax look fantastic and
QuoteThe skinned turned out pretty well for me (and I stress, for ME).
, and you need to give yourself more credit, you did a great job skinning pip.
I agree. Great work on both.