News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What would your dream games be?

Started by lugaru, June 01, 2012, 02:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lugaru

Freedom Force 2 Same tactical pause and unpause goodness, but with a brand spanking new engine. Hopefully it would be done by Irrational, they are a big ideas company and I love their characters and plots. If not it would be cool to see it done by Firaxis or maybe some splinter of CD Projekt or Bioware so long as they dont try to make you hook up with your fellow heroes. Lastly our forum members seem to be taking a couple of swings at similar games (obviosly minus the Irrational brand), maybe one will one day become a kickstarted comercial product.

Marvel Vs DC Obviosly by Capcom. They have the big bucks, I could picture them liscencing both companies and then making the craziest fanboy dreams come true. Throw in about 20 Marvel characters, 20 DC characters and... 10 amalgam characters to be unlocked! Tear it up as Darkclaw, Superpatriot and Iron Lantern!

captmorgan72

Marvel vs DC like lugaru said and a game based on the Underworld franchise. Setup like the Alien vs Predators game. Lycan vs vampire vs human, with awesome graphics, story and multiplayer released on pc and the consoles.

GogglesPizanno

I'm all about the sandbox games, so I would love to see a sandbox superhero game done similar to GTA4.
Or a pirate game (not realistic but over the top cliche' fun like the monkey island games) done like the Elder Scrolls...

laughing paradox

I'd love a Marvel & DC type of Ultimate Alliance game.

Marvel vs DC by Capcom would be phenomenal. Left 4 Dead 3 would be fantastic. Can't get enough zombie goodness.

A video game based in real Greek mythology would be great. I don't mean like God of War, which is a lot of fun.. I mean more like playing as Perseus or as Odysseus or Jason.

Podmark

More Rocksteady Batman games - this time with playable Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl.
I was also spitballing a really cool Batman Inc game with my brother the other night.

An Arkham City quality Spider-Man game. Would love to see that.

An epic Resident Evil game that brings together all the past major characters.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

steamteck

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on June 01, 2012, 04:31:35 PM
I'm all about the sandbox games, so I would love to see a sandbox superhero game done similar to GTA4.
Or a pirate game (not realistic but over the top cliche' fun like the monkey island games) done like the Elder Scrolls...

Sounds pretty good. I love me some Elder scrolls not so much GTA but I get your point. I'd  also like to see a Superman and Wonder woman game done as well as the Rocksteady Batmans.

detourne_me

A new Fallout based on the Skyrim engine and controls tops the list.
Next would be an IOS version of Freedom Force with all the mods available via a workshop thing kind of like the steam workshop - with more customizable danger rooms
Other than that... it's pretty hard to think of what I'd like more of...we've been really spoiled lately with all the good games that have come out.

Talavar

A team-based sandbox superhero game - think Arkham City, except with the Avengers, or Justice League, or X-men.  You could change between major characters as desired, each with different combat moves and abilities, and methods for getting around the city. 

Freedom Force 3.

Another Fallout game made by Obsidian instead of Bethesda.

lugaru

You know how there is a turn based XComm and a FPS XComm coming out? I want that for fallout... one based on the skyrim engine as mentioned above (I LOVED the last 2 games no matter what anyone says) and one turn based a la oldschool fallout (or fallout tactics).

An open world game (as mentioned) but for sure with Flash or a similar speedster... and then the more heroes the merrier. I would love to zip across town at hyper speed punching out badguys.

And this is one of the games I would make if I had money: a futuristic non lethal law enforcement game. You are fighting gangs, drug dealers and weapon smugglers with high tech tasers, tranquilizers and restraining weapons. The problem... is that all of these are lethal if you are not careful. And you work for a private enforcement agency which wants you to be more and more brutal against the people protesting the company. Kind of a political argument in game form, but also it would just be fun to not be blowing everyones brains away constantly, but cuffing and waiting for backup instead.

Podmark

Oh another game I really want is a Walking Dead type game. Something that gets the zombie apocalypse survival horror aspect along with strong character development and choices. I am planning to get the Telltale game when it's finished.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

JeyNyce

Let me see if I can explain this:

A Rocksteady Batman Arkham style game, but with the JLA.  The kicker is that the story will be told like the Avengers movie.  Each hero will get their own game with clues about the next hero's game (like the way Arkham Asylum hinted at Arkham city).  Your saved game with transfer over to the next game and give you more info about the main story (like Mass Effect).  At the end you will have a JLA game with all the heroes in it.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Mr. Hamrick

A Fallout or Skyrim style open world game set in the modern-esque time. 

Preferably with a few role for some actor and actress friends of mine.  Heck, I'd even take a Fallout game if there were voice roles for them. 

Oh and the ability to put some more athletically built female sidekick into the game as a companion.  (thinking of a few in particular... some female MMA fighter friends of mine and one judo chick who might cross over to MMA.)

Silver Shocker

Quote from: laughing paradox on June 01, 2012, 04:43:31 PM
Left 4 Dead 3 would be fantastic. Can't get enough zombie goodness.

Word has it that the developers of Payday: The Heist are making a Left For Dead Prequel.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/06/07/e3-2012-are-payday-the-heists-developers-working-on-left-4-dead-prequel/

Ever since I played Mario RPG I've wanted to see an RPG version of Smash Bros. Basically a mix of Super Mario RPG, Smash and Kingdom Hearts. Preferably made by Square-Enix. Possibly a crossover with Final Fantasy KH-style.  I'd also like another single player Knights of the Old Republic.

I wanted them to make another Star Wars game where you play as a bounty hunter for the whole thing, but they just announced that so there you go.  The same was true for Max Payne 3 a few years back.

[edited to add] Oh! And a sequel to Vanquish! That game was WAY too good to not have a follow-up (plus it ended on a sequel hook  :( )
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

MJB

I want to see Rocksteady take on Superman. Perhaps the sequel could cross over with the Arkham games.

Silver Shocker

Yeah it'd be nice to see a good Superman game. We've never really gotten that, have we? I wouldn't mind seeing something like the Superman Returns game, except done well.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa