Avengers game under development?

Started by captmorgan72, May 07, 2012, 05:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmorgan72

laughing paradox

I figured an Avengers game would eventually come around, but I can only hope it's borrows heavily from the comic book version. I want some Scarlet Witch & Vision goodness.

An Avengers Legends game would be pretty fun, in the same vein as the X-men Legends games. I'm aware that Marvel Ultimate Alliance is, in essence, that game.. but a specifically Avengers one (Under Siege, Kree-Skrull War, Kang, Ultron) would rock my socks.

lugaru

Quote from: laughing paradox on May 07, 2012, 09:05:56 PM
I figured an Avengers game would eventually come around, but I can only hope it's borrows heavily from the comic book version. I want some Scarlet Witch & Vision goodness.

An Avengers Legends game would be pretty fun, in the same vein as the X-men Legends games. I'm aware that Marvel Ultimate Alliance is, in essence, that game.. but a specifically Avengers one (Under Siege, Kree-Skrull War, Kang, Ultron) would rock my socks.

My experience with video games based on comic properties is that so far there is much more inspiration to be drawn from comics than movies. The two Batman's, the Legends series, Wolverine, Punisher, Spider-Man... they all where filled with villains and situations that are outside of the movies. Sure, they are adapted, but adapted from the comics primarily.

I'm guessing an avengers game would (at most) follow the plot and use the costumes, but likely include a bunch more villains, costumes and situations.

BentonGrey

I think this might be good news.  Now they don't have to rush it out to coincide with the movie, so they could actually make a good Avengers game.  I would LOVE to see a Batman Arkham Asylum-esq Avengers game, where you have the game filled with the essence of the characters, great combat, and just rewarding gameplay and story.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 07, 2012, 09:48:42 PM
I think this might be good news.  Now they don't have to rush it out to coincide with the movie....

No, they have to rush it out to coincide with the popularity of the movie....

Talavar

There was an Avengers tie-in game in the works to come out around now, but it got scrapped when the studio making it got shut down.  If this game just got a URL registered, there's no way it's actually coming out any time soon.

captmorgan72

Quote from: Talavar on May 08, 2012, 03:10:04 AM
there's no way it's actually coming out any time soon.

That is why I have high hopes for it. No deadlines to meet and no pressure to release. Take your time and make this game as good as the movie.

Previsionary

The name of this thread is unfortunate as I thought it was literally for "Secret Avengers."  :S
Disappear when you least expe--

BentonGrey

Quote from: Previsionary on May 08, 2012, 04:28:33 AM
The name of this thread is unfortunate as I thought it was literally for "Secret Avengers."  :S

Ditto, which would have made me very sad.

Goggles, they couldn't possibly, even with a crazy rush job, get it out any time soon, so there isn't much worry about that, methinks.  It will have to come out after the movie is out of theaters.  At most they'll rush it to coincide with the DVD release.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Podmark

More news on this Avengers game. It's been confirmed as a Wii U and Kinect motion game that will take cues from Secret Invasion.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38600

Not expected much from this game to be honest.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Urg, nevermind my cautious optimism.  We've seen how well motion control action games work....*looks at Star Wars*  Until they find a way to handle actual movement, they just need to leave it be.
God Bless

oldmanwinters

The Avengers on Kinnex:

Captain America's Shield Throwing Game: "Hit the chitarui and win a prize!"

"Hulk Smash-a-Mole" Game

Tony Stark's virtual touchscreen game: "How does anybody read these screens?!?"

Agent Phil Coulson's S.H.I.E.L.D. weapon test: "I don't even know what this one does!"

captmorgan72

Kinect and new Wii= not interested.

captmorgan72

UnkoMan

Avengers fighting game? Would have loved this when I was ten.

Oh, but I just looked up gameplay footage and it's split screen for some reason? That's weird.

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

JeyNyce

Quote from: UnkoMan on June 11, 2012, 09:03:50 PM
Avengers fighting game? Would have loved this when I was ten.

Oh, but I just looked up gameplay footage and it's split screen for some reason? That's weird.

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2uJBDSAe0zU

BentonGrey

God Bless

Talavar

Why are they creating such crappy licensed games?  Can't companies ever learn, or are successes like Arkham Asylum/City just flukes, the video game equivalent of an infinite number of monkeys producing Shakespeare?

JeyNyce

captmorgan72

Even the cgi movie looks really bad. This game looks like the Titanic and Hindenburg wrapped into one. A guaranteed fail.

captmorgan72

So my cousin calls me up and tells me he bought a Marvel fighting game for the Kinect. I was like really? What's it called? He tells me Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth. I started laughing, remembering this thread. I go over anyway and we start playing it. You know what, its actually pretty fun. The controls are spot on and you really feel like the character you're controlling. Graphics are decent enough and you really work up a sweat playing it. My cousin had to take breaks after awhile, he couldn't breath, lol. We would take turns playing through the campaign (Secret Invasion) to unlock characters and then fight each other in vs mode. All in all, I would say the game is damn good fun and I have to retract my earlier statements. We both got pretty carried away, playing the game for hours. The next morning I was sore as hell, lol.