Supes`s fully enraged heat vision and Kilowog`s Taser Sweep?

Started by danzrocker, March 28, 2012, 05:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danzrocker

hi guys i was just wondering whether it was possible to somehow evolve Supes `s heat vision to a more higher and extreme level meaning the normal heat vision remains at its place as his frequently used power but i want to actually create a new ultimate version of heat vision though used rarely by him but has an insanely high magnitude and more of a heat 'cone' attack with high energy usage , and i actually saw this so called 'ultimate heat vision' attack in the animated movie Superman\Batman : Apocalypse when hordes of Doomsday attack the amazon and few moments later there is a brief scene in which Supes tells everyone to retreat and flies to the air and fires that ultimate weapon of his (an extremely high magnitude yet wide heat vision) and there are quite a few pictures of this in the comics rarely he does meaning when he is fully enraged. You guys might have also seen that but i am really confused because the version of heat vision i have created goes like this:

Spoiler
ultimate heat vision (Ranged - Cone):
             DamageType:          Heat
             Magnitude:           Extreme
             Energy Point Cost:   High
             Stun:                Very High
             Knockback:           Medium
             Velocity:            Normal
             Angle:               Wide
             Range:               Long
             Level:               6
             Animation Name:      ranged_2                     
             Attached FX Name:    CB_gl_blast_red_cyclops

The problem is that even at level 5, extreme magnitude , high energy usage its still quite a weak and pathetic attack. Any suggestions on how should i rectify and improve or maybe any ideas on how you guys would create this power?

Secondly, you people must have seen the animated movie Green Lantern Emerald Knights and then when Hal tells Arisia of Kilowog`s Story at the near ending there is a scene where he uses an awesome Green lantern power more of an area or maybe a cone attack Damn it , can`t picturise that power but i think you guys could kinda help in building this attack cause i kinda like it for kilowog as he is kind of tough and rough Gl guy and would look as a good power in the Lantern mod. And finally is Darkseid `s omega beam power , a vision or beam attack because in Benton` DCUG mod its a beam and in the comics and animations its a vision. Totally confused.  :huh:

Thank very much for all your help and co-operation in this matter. All suggestions and ideas are happily welcomed .  :)

Amazo Version 2.2

as far as bentons darkseid, it may just be where the fx node is on the mesh. i'm sure its a beam attack, but there may not be on option for the fx to come from the eyes in this case.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

danzrocker

But there is an option for the omega beam to act as a vision attack since there is an animation called 'ranged'  if you have the mesh it would become more clear which makes any attack be emitted from his eyes in fact i now understand that why he used the other animation more specifically known as  'ranged_3' to increase the magnitude of that attack as it hits with a no. of 'three' times intensifying the attack to a greater extent. Maybe he thought right and did what he should have done.

But just for the sake of originality wrt to the comics, is there any way to perhaps intensify the omega beam while making it a vision attack and increasing the magnitude of that attack to a greater standard along with it.

Also just wanted to know where the hero files of the mod are stored in which\disk drives just wanted to check them out?
Thanks for the idea amazo!

Any other help perhaps just to resolve this confusion.Much appreciated.

spydermann93

Well, Darkseid's Omega Beam is a beam that comes out of his eyes that he can control to go in any direction he wishes; even right behind him. It defies any laws of trajectory or physics that we humans know of.

There is no real way to increase the magnitude of a beam attack other than "Light Speed." Cones and projectiles, however, are unaffected by that attribute.

As for the hero files for DCUG, you can just copy the characters in the mod and modify the file accordingly with EZHero. Use FFEdit or EZHero if you wish to know which mesh the hero file uses.

The custom hero files you make can be found in "C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes" if you're using Windows 7.

Hopefully these answers help you.

hoss20

Where the FX originates from has little to do with the mesh or the animation used. Just because a ranged animation shows as a head or vision attack, doesn't mean that is where the FX will originate from. There is a 'weapon' node located on meshes that is usually out in front of the mesh, so that FX using the weapon node as a Start point can be used both for energy blasts from the hand or weapon, for example. Most FX use this as a Start point. The main way of getting an FX to originate from a part of the body you want is to check the FX in FFEdit to see where its starting point is. So, one thing you could do is find the FX you want to use in FFEdit, copy and rename it "Omega Beam", then change the Node Attachment Point for 'Start' to 'Head' (using the drop down on the right hand side), then Save it. Of course, then assign the FX to the power you want using the in-game Character Editor and you shoud be set. Everybody feel free to chime in if I missed something.

danzrocker

Though thank you very much for all your help guys hoss and spyder you might have not exactly get my point everything is alright the fx is fine, the magnitude is almost alright , and also everything is totally fine and in fact i finally resolved this issue by implementing the following changes in the hero file:
Spoiler
darkseid omega beam (Ranged - Beam):
             DamageType:          Energy
             Energy Point Cost:   Medium
             Stun:                Low
             Velocity:            Very Fast
             Accuracy:           
             Level:               4
             Animation Name:      ranged_3                     
             Attached FX Name:    aff_eyebeam_red               

And this was Benton`s omega beam attack which i don`t say was bad but he rather left only a few things unchecked maybe being the biggest mod ever having so many hero files there must be some stones unturned or he might have simply forgot which is natural and i am totally cool with it and the fact he used that animation to increase the magnitude of that attack was that it would come in contact approx 3 times but though fun of being an omega beam as a vision attack would be gone as the animation looks more like he is trying to dodge something but yet it was still true to the comics as it had intense power and firing rate.

Spoiler
darkseid omega beam (Ranged - Beam):
             DamageType:          Energy
             Energy Point Cost:   Medium
             Stun:                Low
             Velocity:            Very Fast
             Accuracy:           
             Level:               4
             Animation Name:      ranged_3                     
             Attached FX Name:    x_beam_red                   
             Power Flags:         Penetrating

Also spyder you might have not understood correctly i was actually asking about location for the hero files of any mod not the custom files that i made and yes i understand what you mean about the 'modify accordingly with Ezhero' . But how can i find or where is the location of the hero files of any mod none in particular meaning where they would exist as seperate hero files or maybe they are actually instilled in any of the DAT files or more specifically 'within interior of the mod not the exterior areas' .Still thanks a lot for all your helpful advices.

And hoss also thank you very much for your help as well you see your totally right with a technical point way but in-game it really doesn`t matter because it makes no particular difference as to where the FX is emitted from then again when it comes to the originality of comics it then matters as to how it looks.

Also one more question recently i downloaded  Gren`s awesome new Ares and after extracting and stuff i saw a folder about FXs which had a few Ares`s related FXs which were quite good but the problem there is no readme in the folder and if there is one its about the credits and don`t know how to configure  or assemble to show those FX in-game as they should with respect to the mesh and in perfect sync with it. Meaning What should be the configurations of those FX while using FFEDIT 2 (the start point ,the end and core point such stuff) . And thats pretty much everything.

Still would any one be kind enough as to explain me how could i resolve the Superman and Kilowog issue? Much Appreciated.  :unsure:

NOTE: At times my english gets quite confusing and there are quite a lot of grammatical mistakes which makes it harder anyone to understand. So with all due respect, i sincerely apologize for my poor english, i assure i am trying my level best to improve it to a greater extent. Thank you very much for your time.  ^_^

Xenolith

Regarding the FX, try going on to Gren's Yahoo Groups and find older fx of the same type that have instructions (for example, axe throw = crowbar throw).  Follow those instructions for the new FX.  They should be about the same.

I'm not sure where the hero files of mods are located, myself.

Your English is certainly much better than my ability with any other language.  Heck, I struggle with English.

danzrocker

Thank you very much Xeno for such a nice compliment really appreciate it  :), yet i still have some weak points in it which i am working on improving the best i can. Ok i got the Axe_throw and sword_throw working quite right but the remaining problem is of the 'explosive rounds. How do i resolve that?  :mellow:

spydermann93

Quote from: danzrocker on March 30, 2012, 01:38:57 PMAlso spyder you might have not understood correctly i was actually asking about location for the hero files of any mod not the custom files that i made and yes i understand what you mean about the 'modify accordingly with Ezhero' . But how can i find or where is the location of the hero files of any mod none in particular meaning where they would exist as seperate hero files or maybe they are actually instilled in any of the DAT files or more specifically 'within interior of the mod not the exterior areas' .Still thanks a lot for all your helpful advices.

That's what I'm trying to say. Hero files don't come with mods; they're built into the mod via the Heroes and Villains categories. In the "Characters" screen, you can copy them and make them into custom hero files. If you wish to edit them, you must use FFEdit and change their abilities via the "Characters," "Powers," "Defenses," or "Templates" tabs. That is the only way you can modify a built-in character.

BentonGrey

Danz, as for my build of Darkseid and his Omega beams, I'd say it is likely just an oversight on my part.  I'll give it a look for when I release my next expansion.  Thanks for pointing it out!

As for Supes' extreme heat-vision, yeah, I know what you mean.  When you get up into the really high power levels in FF, the game isn't as good at portraying them.  I actually ran into this problem with ranged attacks in the DCUG, as a punch from Superman at extreme intensity does buckets and buckets of damage because of his strength.  However, a beam attack has no modifier to make it stronger than the default damage level.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

danzrocker

Yet firstly Congratulations! the mod was quite excelsior and one of the many great mods made for this game. Thanks Ben and all you guys for all your particular help and contribution. In fact we and i await anxiously and madly for your next ultimate and Epic 'Marvel' mod project. Rock on Ben! Can`t wait and Can`t wait to get my hands on that strawberry vanilla mod project of yours.  Like Gollum from Lord of Rings would like to say : My PPREECCCCIOUS , PRECCCIOUSS and like the Rock would like to say : JUST BRING IT!

BentonGrey

Haha...okay Danz.  Ha, I'm glad that you've enjoyed the DCUG.  Hearing that folks are excited about projects I'm working on does give me more energy to keep plugging away at them, so thanks for the exuberant declaration of anticipation.  Hah, but what is the 'strawberry vanilla' project you mention?

Ohh, and try adding "Lightspeed" to Darkseid's Attributes.  That should double the damage of his beams and make them very fast.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

danzrocker

Umm....well Ben the strawberry vanilla ice cream mod project i am preferring to is actually your 'The Marvel Adventures'  and by strawberry vanilla ice cream i actually mean that it will be a pretty huge and perhaps yummy treat for all of us as were your previous ultimate works such as The DCUG and TMNT itself . If i may it was more of a compliment or something of the sort and quite simply i am sure it will be a great mod to play with as we eagerly await anticipation.

And more over your DCUG was kinda like a HOGAN VS THE ROCK AT WRESTLE MANIA 18 match for us and perhaps your Marvel mod will be even grander than or in equivalence does n`t matter meaning that it will more like that ONCE IN A LIFE TIME : ROCK VS CENA MATCH we all or perhaps some of us witnessed at Wrestle mania 28. Damn I am really sorry that i am kinda over pressurizing you . Just take it easy bro and I am sure you will pull it off quite nicely then ever before.

Oops maybe i am talking about too much about Professional Wrestling and The WWE. Sorry Guys! My Bad and Thanks a lot Ben and spyder for the advice on using the Light Speed attribute for Darkseid and in fact it goes and works quite nicely with any character who uses several beam attacks.  ^_^

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 05, 2012, 04:28:53 PM
Hearing that folks are excited about projects I'm working on does give me more energy to keep plugging away at them, so thanks for the exuberant declaration of anticipation. 

less talk and more modding, summers coming up and daddy needs a few new mods to play!  :P
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on April 06, 2012, 05:26:08 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on April 05, 2012, 04:28:53 PM
Hearing that folks are excited about projects I'm working on does give me more energy to keep plugging away at them, so thanks for the exuberant declaration of anticipation. 

less talk and more modding, summers coming up and daddy needs a few new mods to play!  :P

Dork.  :ph34r: