Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

Maybe somebody will take the mantle temporarly??I can already imagine it: The battle for the hood! XD
And apparently Lady Shiva was supposed to appear this season,but that didnt work out...for some reason.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Ras is explaining who is Damien Dhark and how hes involved in every plot line?There is talk about Dig getting a costume?
Who cares about that,lets focus more on the developing romance between Laurel and Nyssa!  :banghead:
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

There were more than one Ra's Al Ghul?? As much as I like Arrow, this storyline is something from a Batman storyline that was done in the comic years ago.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

HarryTrotter

^Everything is!
The producers said that DC gave them promision to use EVERY charachter except the Trinity,basicly.Why dont they?I mean where is Hal Jordan?Why isnt Bane comming to break THIS vigilante?Give us Prometheus,Catman,Savants.Introduce Question like you teased...I mean anything,people...
Jon Farmer

crimsonquill

Quote from: JeyNyce on April 30, 2015, 12:47:36 PM
There were more than one Ra's Al Ghul?? As much as I like Arrow, this storyline is something from a Batman storyline that was done in the comic years ago.

Batman is completely out of the DC Televerse because of FOX owning the television rights which allowed them to make Gotham but finally release the Batman '66 series from the FOX vaults. Since most folks were already making comments that Arrow Season One already gave such a huge Bruce Wayner/Batman vibe that the DC showrunners just ran with it by introducing Deathstroke in season two. Once they saw how much DC fans loved it and embraced the idea of bringing in more characters including Ra's Al Ghul. And this last episode just brought in another Batman/HIVE baddie Damien Darhk.

DC/WB knows they can't cover everything with the movies since it's wrapped around the origin of the Justice League, so why not use some of the other villains within the Televerse. IF Gotham EVER gets cancelled, I'm pretty sure that WB might bring in more Batman characters in Flash/Arrow and eventually Bruce Wayne/Batman himself within their own Batman show. However, I'm doubting it would happen because FOX has a death grip on their franchises (i.e. X-Men and Fantastic Four) and will just try again with another TV series on FOX or FX.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

HarryTrotter

That was a pretty good episode.  :)

Tatsus costume is okay.
Roy uses the alias Jason  :huh:
And Felicity kills someone with an Ipad,that was cool.  :P
Jon Farmer

bat1987

I liked it for the most part
Spoiler

- Tatsu's costume was good. Her vs Maseo was a very emotional fight.
- Ray during the fight was epic. "You should see the other guy", lol.
- I liked the scenes with Diggle. Ruse or not, you do not put your friend's wife and daughter in harm's way.
- The whole wedding and poisoning bit were not as intense as they could have been if they kept Oliver's ruse a secret until the next episode at least.
- Guess we can expect Thea becoming Speedy soon :)

Quote from: Spade on May 07, 2015, 08:02:52 AM
And Felicity kills someone with an Ipad,that was cool.  :P

Actually
Spoiler
it was Merlyn that killed the guy, but the look on her face when she thought she actually did it was priceless.
She was very annoying tonight though. I mean a guy tells you that it's all part of the plan and you go "He's marrying her?!?!?", i mean seriously?

HarryTrotter

Oh yeah,that was easy to miss... XD
So,season finale expectations?
Jon Farmer

bat1987

Judging by the preview clip
Spoiler

- There is gonna be a new Oliver vs Ra's.
- Everyone is fine and dandy (like we didn't see that one coming)
- Apparently The Flash will guest star, maybe he'll stop the virus from spreading?

Should be fun ^_^

Shogunn2517

Also, in the edges of the clip, it looks like:

Spoiler
Thea Queen or "Mia Deaden" will step up in her role as the new Speedy
Spoiler

HarryTrotter

I had high hopes for Suicide Squad,but they arent in the finale,it seems.
New spinoff is titled Legends of Tomorrow.It has Rip Hunter and some other guys. XD
Jon Farmer

Shogunn2517

I gotta admit, that was fairly lame.

The Season 3 Finale of Arrow.  I know a lot has been said about this season thus far and a lot of it I've tolerated, but this ending was just... Meh.

Spoiler
I expected doublecross of Ras.  I expected(everyone expected) Team-Arrow to still be alive and the Flash helping with that.  I expected Thea to become Speedy.  I expected Team-Arrow would stop the release of the virus on Starling City.  But man did they not only end this waaaaaay too easy and conveniently.  But this whole thing just seemed lazily planned and executed.  As if they didn't care about how they finished the show.  Or the writers asked their teenaged daughters how should they end the season and they wrote it that way.  The Oliver-Felicity storyline got rather boring or dumbed-down I think by the 3rd or 4th episode of the season.  I thought they'd keep them apart for the sake of the show, but they just focused on it and continued to focus on it.  The dynamic between the two still just seems weird.  She's rather comedy relief or the "oracle", not the romantic lead.  Not that I don't like the character or actress, I do, but it just doesn't seem to fit.  Especially from the finale of season 2 to this season.  I'd much rather see him chase after Laurel or Nyssa(whatever happen to THAT marriage again) than Felicity.  They would seem a little more fitting with the character and the show.  However, as far as the show is concerned, they seriously could have just put a bow on it because it was just so easy.  As if there was no real threat?  I'm trying to figure out not only how does Ras Al Ghul kill Oliver sooooo easy at the mid-season finale and get caught in some long exaggerated fight with him TWICE in the season finale.  I'm also trying to figure out how INSANELY easy Oliver was able to just grab his sword take it from Ras' hand and stab him with it and.... that's it.  Ras Al Ghul is dead.  Easy Peasy.

I mean even(Click if you've seen the Flash)
Spoiler
the Flash had to call in Oliver, Firestorm and the Atom's technology to defeat the Reverse-Flash.

And the ending was just anti-climatic.  Oliver makes some speech about yay everybody's superheroes now you don't need me.  I can grab this guy next to me's girlfriend and ride off in the sunset... VERY.  LITERALLY.  And then the Damien Darhk comes from completely out of... well, the "darhk" and goes away as fast as it came.  I cannot fathom a purpose why they included it.  Moreover, there was no big reveal.  No real cliffhanger.  I mean we saw Diggle iffy on being a masked hero and Merlyn is Ras Al Ghul and Oliver wanting to not be the Arrow anymore.  But nothing that would make me want to "see how it turns out" or want to watch for next season.  Even the flashback season was anti-climatic.  Tatsu understandably is upset, but Oliver was like "welp... I really don't want to go home anymore(after wanting nothing but to go home for the last three years), I'll just go back to the island."

As far as season 4 goes, I'll watch it.  Not sure precisely why.  I love the action of the show.  I've really come to appreciate the Green Arrow as a character.  But they need to get back to what makes this show go:  The Green Arrow.  Oliver Queen and his need to save his city.  It isn't Thea's or Diggle's or Laurel's.  It's Oliver's.  Not saying they can't do it, they can, but why would anyone believe he would just up and quit?  So just as it was easy to figure Team-Arrow didn't die before this episode, it's about as easy to figure Oliver Queen will be putting the hood back on.  Who will he fight next season?  Court of Owls?  Cheshire?  Prometheus?  Shiva?  Maxwell Lord with Checkmate or OMACs?  Any new allies?  Conner Hawke?  The Question?  Vixen?  Crimson Avenger, Shining Knight Vigilante or any other Seven Soldiers?  Would love to see any of them, but that's all I really have to look forward to.  Just hopes.  Nothing to ACTUALLY look forward to.

HarryTrotter

The final episode wasnt as grand as the Siege or The Undertaking,but it was...okay.And sadly thats just it,as some sort of closure its passable but its not great or bad,its just okay.
And yes,the fight on the Dam was anticlimatic.Merlyn
Spoiler
becoming Ras
is a nice twist,I admit.But the identity of the new "sidekick" is something we Al Sah coming(pardon the pun).  :)
I mentioned my hopes for new characters in next seasons before...Now I do expect Damien to play a bigger role.Also I fully expect "Battle for the cowl" and "Ressurection of Ras al Ghul" in one form or the other.  :rolleyes:
Jon Farmer

thalaw2

What's up with all the disappointment?  I thought that episode was pretty darn good.  It was exactly what I expected but with a couple of twists...mainly to suit the teenage angst stuff. 
Spoiler
I was hoping that Ollie would be come Ras and that happened.  So, I was confused by comments by Reverse Flash that Ollie would live to be 86, then Ollie gave up the ring to Merlyn.  The circle was complete for me.

I didn't like the running off with Felicity...isn't he a married man?  Maybe they got a divorce that we didn't see or the marriage will come up again later.
I really liked the last line of this episode.  I have some high hopes that season 4 is gonna make Ollie wish he kept his mouth shut.
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

Quote from: thalaw2 on May 14, 2015, 12:31:16 PM
What's up with all the disappointment?  I thought that episode was pretty darn good.  It was exactly what I expected but with a couple of twists...mainly to suit the teenage angst stuff. 
Spoiler
I was hoping that Ollie would be come Ras and that happened.  So, I was confused by comments by Reverse Flash that Ollie would live to be 86, then Ollie gave up the ring to Merlyn.  The circle was complete for me.

I didn't like the running off with Felicity...isn't he a married man?  Maybe they got a divorce that we didn't see or the marriage will come up again later.
I really liked the last line of this episode.  I have some high hopes that season 4 is gonna make Ollie wish he kept his mouth shut.

Im not disappointed,like I said it was just okay.  :unsure:
On the whole marriage thing...was it like official?I mean like you know...was there a public notary or something? XD

CW has announced their schedule for 2015/2016.EVERYTHING is renewed as you could expect.No word on the Constantine,so we can assume the deal hasnt been made. :(

Sara
Spoiler
did took a dip in the pool
so she will be in the Legends of Tomorrow as
Spoiler
White Canary.Whatever that is XD
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Spoiler
did Sara really take a dip in the pool? Because my understanding is that the spin off involves heroes of different eras: Sarah from the past, Ray from the present, and a few potentially from the future (there's talk of one of the actors being a future Wally West) all united by rip hunter. They could still do that, but they clearly hadn't given Nyssa's comments to Merlyn.

Edit:nvmd, I just saw the trailer for legends of tomorrow. My bad.

catwhowalksbyhimself

There's a trailer already?  I'm off to find it.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: abenavides on May 14, 2015, 10:37:29 PM
Yep it's here:
Awesome!

http://youtu.be/4MubNoWQiSc

Found out already.  Watched it like 4 times.  And yes, it is.  It looks to be fantastic.

Back to arrow stuff, the trailer does show

Spoiler
Oliver back in his Arrow outfit.

Shogunn2517

Don't look too bad.  Still a rather odd mix-match of characters/actors that seem completely random.
Spoiler
I would have imagined Vandal Savage would be a major villain for maybe ARROW.  Perhaps he still could.

Still not sure if this is a TV movie or mini-series or full order of a seasonal series or what though.

As far as the Arrow season finale goes, still disappointed.  Still a fan.  Which I suppose colors my disappointment.  I guess I've come to expect more, especially if they're going to use a Ra's Al Ghul.  Just seemed way tooooo easily defeated.

JeyNyce

Arrow season finale was pretty good and I understand how some of you guys feel, but this is the why I see it:  He's happy, he got the girl, the car, his friends are protecting his city, what can possibly go wrong.......? Everything!

Season 4 should be the "Empire Strike Back" season for Arrow.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Shogunn2517

thalaw2

革命不会被电视转播

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yeah, my sister saw this trailer and put two and two together with the ending of Arrow.

Spoiler

Everyone's going to thing Ray died in the explosion because he accidentally shrunk himself, which is what they're talking about in the shrinking scene.  That implies that he's stuck in small size for quite a while before figuring out how to restore himself to normal size.

My guess is that the Arrow cast will not figure that out and it will only be revealed he's still Alive in Legend of Tomorrow--although that will hardly be a surprise to anyone with all the promoting they are sure to do.

HarryTrotter

One of Doctors companions is now  a  solo time traveler.Thats a bit funny.Also,was that a giant robot at the end of the trailer?
Jon Farmer

Midnite

bat1987

Best suit he had. Really like it. Hopefully season 4 will be better than the 3rd.

HarryTrotter

Speaking of costumes,Diggle gets one.
http://comicbook.com/2015/07/12/diggle-gets-a-costume-for-arrow-season-4/

And Flash casts Teddy Sears as Jay Garrick.
Jon Farmer

bat1987

Stephen Amell came to the panel in the outfit and reffered to himself as Green Arrow.  About time :thumbup:

HarryTrotter

Its IGN,and also it beating a dead horse at this point,but Constantine could appear in season 4.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/16/comic-con-2015-constantine-could-still-appear-on-arrow

Season 4 will focus more on mysticism,apparently.  :huh:
Jon Farmer