Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trebean

I think it's high time they gave Ollie his beard, Ollie without a beard is like Superman without an S Curl, or Batman without an endearing chim.

Tomato

^Ummm, he's had a beard since Season 1. It's not as long as the classic comics one, sure, but it's about a million times better than the clean shaven punk in the current comics DC keeps calling Green Arrow. Bat's point about actually calling him Green Arrow at least is valid from the standpoint that I'm sick of him just being "that dude who wears a hood."

BWPS

I hate long beards, people only grow them when they're depressed and have given up on life. His beard now looks great.

Roy's costume looks good though. Even though I think it's ridiculous that Ollie got off the island and just never mentioned it, I'm excited to see what happens and also what kind of villains we see in season 3. And I hope he finally realizes that Felicity is his true love.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

detourne_me

This past season he's been calling himself the arrow. Better than the hood... Almost there.   I think once Barry starts using the name the flash, Ollie might be called the green arrow... That may also desperate him from Roy too, whom I presume will use red arrows

abenavides

Really like this show. Season 2 was great and looking forward to the new season  especially with the planned Flash crossover.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Silver Shocker

Arsenal looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing that in the show.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

trebean

Yeah....... now that I thougt about it more, the city's famous rich guy and their vigilantr protector both getting a full beard is pretty dumb

JeyNyce

ARROW Season 3 Preview — with Ra's al Ghul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKE36sL6jKc

It's at the very end

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BWPS

I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Starman

It's weird that "Arrow" can use Ras Al Ghul but not Blue Beetle (whom The Atom is replacing on the show ... which explains why Ray Palmer is a tech businessman now).

However, it's plain cool that that Wildcat is appearing on the show:

QuoteAdditionally, the Arrow writers revealed one more bit of info: Ted Grant, aka Wildcat, will also be making his small screen debut on Arrow this season. While, we don't know exactly how he'll play into the show quite yet, one of the executive producers did tease that he will have a little interaction with Laurel.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/07/27/sdcc-2014-ras-al-ghul-and-wildcat-coming-to-arrow

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Midnite on August 30, 2014, 04:12:13 PM
Rila Fukushima Joins Arrow

Gotta say that I am a bit bummed that things didn't work out with Devon Aoki, I think she would have made a great addition to the cast.

Shogunn2517

Hey guys, I'm super late to the party, but I got Netflix in February and didn't want to catch up until closer to the start of the new season.

I'm about half way through the first season and I'm pretty impressed.  Actually really impressed.  You guys were right.

Slightly disappointed on the casting decisions... IMO, Det. Lance looks more like how I would expect Merlyn to look and Deathstroke looks the size of Wolverine.  Other than that, it's a REALLY good show and not just a comicbook/superhero show.

FYI, season's 2 on Netflix same day of the premiere.  October 8th.

JeyNyce

Arrow season 3......  All I can say is WOW!  Nice way to start the season  :thumbup:

detourne_me

Yup,  what a great way to start a season!
Spoiler
Brandon Routh was pretty great in his role,  his character is pretty cool, and I wouldn't mind if they shipped him back and forth between this and the Flash.
Roy? Amazing costume, and his stuntman is incredible,  it's cool that he has a different fighting style than Ollie.
Spoiler
Black Canary? Wow! I can't believe they did that.
[/spoiler]

BWPS

JeyNyce

Has anybody notice they change the design of the arrow in the title?  I wonder what it means?

Podmark

Quote from: JeyNyce on October 10, 2014, 08:01:41 PM
Has anybody notice they change the design of the arrow in the title?  I wonder what it means?

I did notice. I thought maybe it's because the flashbacks are in Hong Kong now??

I thought the premiere was good. Roy was cool, as was Routh.
Spoiler

I don't like how Sarah was killed at the end.
It's not that she was killed, I've been expecting her to die since she was introduced, but the flow of the show seems very choppy the way they handled it:
Sarah leaves at the end of Season 2 with no indication we'd see her again any time soon, then briefly reappears in the next immediate episode, then is killed. It just feels like they couldn't get rid of fast enough. As I said poor flow.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

thalaw2

I agree with Podmark. 

Spoiler
I was really turned off about the Felicity and Ollie dating angle.  I know there is some attraction between the two, but dating seemed childish and unnecessary for the two characters.  Also, I had hopped Felicity would be smart enough to know that OQ is terrible with the ladies and steer clear of anything more than an office fling.  In fact, I would have been more satisfied if they just had a fling instead of trying a serious romance.  I was nearly going to stop watching the show after Diggle suggested that OQ date Felicity...sickening!
革命不会被电视转播

Shogunn2517

I agree and disagree with both of you guys.  Yeah, you're right, but IMO, I think they had to do things that way.

Podmark,
Spoiler
Yeah, I agree they could have handled it better.  It just seemed really arbitrary to have her survive a whole season, just to bring her back in essentially a cameo to kill her.  The thing is, whether I agree with it or not, like most episodes, particularly the premiere episodes, they needed a hook, an attention grabbing moment to kind of sorta flip the script so to speak.  But I get where you're coming from though.

thelaw,
Spoiler
Yeah, Ollie and Felicity doesn't really work for me or the show.  THAT is the reason why the Deathstroke trick worked so well to me.  But throughout the series, Ollie has gone after the girls with an edge.  If not the out-right "badgirl" at least women that are tough.  Helena, Sarah, Shado, McKenna, Isabel.  Even the most vanilla of women he's been associated with, Laurel, they never really hook up, but she's a LOT tough than Felicity.  Not a knock on Felicity, but that's the flow of the character and that's not Felicity.

However...  I do think they had to address it.  In some form or fashion, it was going to come up and perhaps the trick on Deathstroke wasn't enough, but would she be Friendzoned without any sort of acknowledgment.  It wouldn't make sense for the show to put them together and have Felicity be the "damsel" especially when it'd be unnecessary.  Every female character does not have to be the love interest and that's what it seems like they want to do with this show.  But again, I think it had to be addressed and shown as to why it ain't gonna happen or unsuspecting viewers would be expecting it for the next 2-3 seasons.

bat1987

So
Spoiler

Ra's finally appeared at the end of this episode. Not sure what to think of him. Need to see more. Sounds good, but looks more like Lord Baeilish than Ra's. John Barrowman is as cool as always.

Silver Shocker

So this week's episode was very Felicity-focused, and I for one enjoyed the heck out of it.

Spoiler
Seeing her past was neat (though how it tied into the present story oh-so-predictable), and seeing her mother making her squirm was adorable. It really does show how some people, both in real life and in fiction, can act very different when they squabble with their family members.

As fun as this episode is though, I feel it will likely be eclipsed by its end reveal. The people I've watched Arrow with have been trying to figure out who killed Sara week after week and I think it's safe to say NONE of us saw that coming! (It was Roy, and he seems to be have coerced into doing it) Definitely looking forward to an explanation on that one.

Since my posting about Arrow has been sporadic I should just add: I agree that John Barrowman is cool as always (though I don't entirely buy that he's "been everywhere"), Roy's costume is still awesome but as a character he's under used so far (I can't recall, have we gotten his superhero name even once?) and thank the stars they've given Thea and Laurel something interesting to do this year!  Brandon Routh's character seems pretty cool so far. As for Ra's I don't want to jump to conclusions; I need more info.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Shogunn2517

I suppose this is spoiler material that anyone could have saw coming.  But since it's a little later in the season...

Spoiler

Starman

Sooo many buckles.

I think the costume looks okay, I just dislike Laurel. She's been so poorly written over the course of three seasons that I groan inwardly during her scenes.

Shogunn2517

Okay, I got a few complaints. Not about the episode specifically, but with Ted Grant/Wildcat. J.R. Ramirez is my age, but he looks 5-10 years younger.  He certainly doesn't look older than 35.  Now, I'm a pretty hue boxing fan, but even if you're not, anyone who's involved in a professional sport on a world class level, if your going to be a retired champion you're likely in your mid to late 30. And you look it.  For him to also have been a vigilante for six years, he looks REALLY fresh.  A lot of boxing is opportunity.  You're going to have to be really good and likely be a contender for a fair amount of time.  Even when you get to the championship level those fights take years of jockeying and promoting and rematches and rubber matches that a convincing championship fighter is EASILY in his 30s.  Likely older.  Moreover, Ramirez is supposed to play a heavyweight. He looks, at best a light-heavy.  Most heavyweights even those that rely on speed still bulk up to for the sake of power.  That is if they don't go the super-heavyweight route.

I know that's a lot but I would have imagined someone like Diggle's size and age would have been more believable.

JeyNyce

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who notice this about Ted.  They couldn't an older guy to play him?  It would have been more believable.  I'm think they are keeping him young because he may go back out to fight crime again, who knows.....

Best line ever from this episode....

Spoiler
Don't you abandon me!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Starman on November 13, 2014, 12:21:10 AM
Sooo many buckles.

I think the costume looks okay, I just dislike Laurel. She's been so poorly written over the course of three seasons that I groan inwardly during her scenes.

A bit over designed, but I've come to expect that from DC.

Spoiler
Otherwise, yeah, they killed off the wrong sister.