Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

Wonder what new heroes and villans will be introduced?And who of the old ones will return?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Podmark

I'm expecting Ra's al Ghul to play a role. And I'd expect more Suicide Squad. Probably a Flash crossover or two. I think I read the creators saying that things will be a little different next year, without a big bad for the whole season.
And yes Laurel will become the Canary one day. I've read a number of quotes about that, mostly from Katie Cassidy.

I've also heard that they're planning to return to the baby plot next year.

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

HarryTrotter

Quote from: Podmark on May 27, 2014, 11:46:54 PM
I'm expecting Ra's al Ghul to play a role. And I'd expect more Suicide Squad. Probably a Flash crossover or two. I think I read the creators saying that things will be a little different next year, without a big bad for the whole season.
And yes Laurel will become the Canary one day. I've read a number of quotes about that, mostly from Katie Cassidy.

I've also heard that they're planning to return to the baby plot next year.

I heard about Laurel,but I still dont like it.
Jon Farmer

XStream

So I finally signed up for Hulu to catch up on 24: Live Another Day and found that it looks like they are starting to stream Season 2 of Arrow again! Guess I have a reason to go beyond the trial offer....

I am hoping they do something similar with SHIELD... but with the box set scheduled to come out in September I doubt it.

We watched The first episode of the season this morning and can't wait to see where the story went....
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

trebean

Starman

Well, Brian Markov already exists on the show ... so that's two Outsiders. I guess Black Lightning and Metamorpho could theoretically be created in The Flash?

HarryTrotter

Yep,saw it.Cool.
On a different note:the story where Deatshot comes back to his home and defends it from gangs,and then everyone takes his side when Green Arrow confronts him?
That kinda fits in the tone of the show,that will probably be adapted once,IMO.
Jon Farmer

Starman

There are plenty of cool Green Arrow stories from the comics they could do ... it's whether they can be bothered. Every Arrow episode is divided between flashbacks, time given to the multitude of side characters, etc, I think it must make juggling the story threads difficult at times.

I'd really like to see them do Alan Moore's "Night Olympics" Green Arrow story or some of the Mike Grell stories from the first 40 issues of his run, but I don't think those are sexy enough storylines for the writers to consider.

Podmark

I understand Katana will feature in the Hong Kong flashbacks. No word yet if she'll appear in the present.
I'm exciting to see what Devon Aoki brings to the role. Loved her in Sin City.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Starman

So, they've just cast Count Vertigo ... again.  :blink: Peter Stormare is playing "Werner Zytle" (the name of Count Vertigo from the New 52 comics) ... I'm assuming this Count Vertigo will eventually have super powers like in the comics.

Thunder

Looks like Ray Palmer is coming to Starling City and it's an actor who played a Dc character before.

http://tvline.com/2014/07/07/arrow-brandon-routh-the-atom-season-3/

BentonGrey

Hmm....interesting.  He could make a pretty decent Ray Palmer, though it'd be nice if they'd dye his hair. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

Thunder

Brandon Routh strikes me as a more "nerdy" inventor type than a Man of Steel.  This may be a good fit for him.  Is the Atom going to hitch a ride on an arrow for special missions?

catwhowalksbyhimself

He's a good actor who did quite a good job on Chuck.  I imagine this will work out well.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Starman

QuoteAn unparalleled scientist and inventor, Ray will play an unexpected role in the lives of Oliver and (rumored love interest) Felicity as the new owner of Queen Consolidated. Palmer's plans for Queen Consolidated's Applied Sciences Division will be shrouded in mystery.

It's a funny fit for The Atom. If anyone had taken over Queen Consolidated and romanced Felicity, I would have thought Ted Kord would have been a better character ... it would have been cool to see a more comedic, gizmo-using vigilante too. Also, I think the show already mentioned Ray Palmer being together with Jean Loring, as well as Jean being played by an older actress.

That said, Atom is a great character and Routh is a good actor ... it will be interesting to see how it plays out on the show.

BentonGrey

Yeah, I think he's a good fit for the role.  I didn't watch Chuck, but I could see him being good as Ray.

Wait, he's supposed to be a businessman and the owner of the company?  That's...more than a little asinine.  That's never been Ray's kind of thing.  He's a research scientist.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Shogunn2517

For some reason I thought Ray Palmer would be older...

BentonGrey

At least he's not a teenager with issues...
God Bless

BWPS

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 08, 2014, 04:36:31 AM

Teenagers with issues have always made better superheroes than adults without.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

BentonGrey

Quote from: BWPS on July 08, 2014, 04:50:46 AM
Quote from: BentonGrey on July 08, 2014, 04:36:31 AM

Teenagers with issues have always made better superheroes than adults without.

I think that's entirely a matter of opinion. ;)  Variety is the spice of life, BWPS, and for every Spider-Man there should be a Captain America. :D
God Bless

Starman

Since all of the characters who have appeared on "Arrow" are just the show's interpretations of their comic book counterparts, I don't think Ray being a businessman as well as a scientist is a deal breaker. Ted Kord would have slotted in more easily, but I'm interested in seeing what they do with Ray. Hopefully they give him his shrinking powers and bounce him between "Arrow" and "The Flash" for some recurring guest team-up action.

As for his age, well, he's been both an adult and a teenage superhero leading the Teen Titans before ...

bredon7777

This whole thing reminds me of "Armageddon 2001"-
DC released a vague teaser - "One of our heroes goes bad in the future. Based on this vague description, you'll never guess who." And when pretty much everyone guessed Captain Atom immediately, they changed it- just so they could be like "Nope, you're wrong."

Flash forward to 2014- Arrow producers put out a vague teaser "Another DC character is coming to Arrow..based on this vague description, you'll never guess who."  And when pretty much everyone guessed Ted Kord immediately, they changed it - just so they could be like "Nope you're wrong".

That said, I like Routh, and The Atom is one of my favorite characters; and between Arrow and The Flash, these folks have built up a LOT of credit with me, so I'm looking forward to this.
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

HarryTrotter

I wonder how will they handle shrinking?
Jon Farmer

captainawesome

Maybe they don't intend to show the shrinking on Arrow. It looks like they're sticking with a more realistic approach for Arrow (with minor hiccups of reality with mirakiru, some trick arrows, and such). After all, Barry is still just a coma victim there. He might simply be Ray Palmer there to preserve the realistic tone of the show while guest starring as both Ray and the Atom on The Flash. Now, that is pure speculation. They could always handle it some other way.

Midnite

First Look at Arsenal For Season 3 of Arrow!

Love the Arsenal costume design, looks better than Green Arrow. I hope Ollie is getting an upgrade.  ^_^

thalaw2

革命不会被电视转播

Podmark

Looks pretty sweet. I've also read that Sarah is returning early in the season.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

Looks fantastic. As for Ollie I'd happy if they call him Green Arrow already!