Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

Quote from: bat1987 on May 03, 2014, 06:41:40 PM
Wow it's like only 2 episodes to go, lot of things need to happen.

Still hoping Merlyn shows up, would make a lot of sense.

Yes,he will in the next episode.He and Ollie are gonna kinda.sort of team up.
Im guessing that the whole League subplot is left for season 3.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

MJB

The last couple episodes can't come fast enough for me. Love this show.

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

bat1987

Ok that was intense!
Spoiler

A lot of things go wrong for team Arrow and just when you think they solved a problem another one appears. Merlyn was hardcase ("I'm her father" moment was a bit corny though). The whole thing with Sarah was just weird and felt redundant, but everything else was top notch! Great build up for the finale all in all.

Also trailer for the finale!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJTgi7HDPdQ

MJB

Such a packed episode. So much stuff went down. Can't wait for the finale!!

Midnite

Arrow Season Two Extended Finale Promo!

Deadshot & Suicide Squad, check
Nyssa & League of Assassins, check
Ninjas vs Super Soldiers, check
Deathstroke vs Green Arrow in a epic throw down, fracking check!

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

The last few episodes of this show have sure been exciting. I'm really enjoying it. Best the show's been since season 1 IMO, maybe ever.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Last episode kinda reminded me on Night of the Owls-just more like Night of the Slades  ^_^
Jon Farmer

crimsonquill

CW has renewed ARROW for season three (not like we had any doubts it wouldn't with it being so well written and one of it's highest rated shows) and it's pilot for FLASH was picked up for a FULL SEASON. Woot!!

From what I'm reading in various sources GOTHAM was picked up by FOX for a FULL season, but the main reason of it's existence is being part of a deal that was made between WB and FOX to resolve the television rights issue so the entire 1966 Batman series will finally see it's release on DVD/Blu-Ray hopefully by the 2014 Holiday Season.. since it's Batman Anniversary this year after all.

- CQ

"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

HarryTrotter

I cant belive DC choose not to implement Gotham into Arrow-universe.Actually I cant belive they are not gonna make one TV universe.Arrow/Batman/Flash crossover would have zillion of viewers.Also I cant belive they pass out on Batman TV-show and made one about Gordon in style of Mentalist  :doh:
Jon Farmer

bat1987

Quote from: Spade on May 10, 2014, 08:14:29 AM
I cant belive DC choose not to implement Gotham into Arrow-universe.Actually I cant belive they are not gonna make one TV universe.Arrow/Batman/Flash crossover would have zillion of viewers.Also I cant belive they pass out on Batman TV-show and made one about Gordon in style of Mentalist  :doh:

Would be cool if they could integrate Arrow and Flash with the upcoming Superman/Batman movie. I doubt it could happen but CW is partially owned by WB so who knows.
As for TV show based on Batman, I doubt they would ever go with that. They want to use him for big budget blockbuster movies, not TV.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: bat1987 on May 10, 2014, 08:35:38 AM
Quote from: Spade on May 10, 2014, 08:14:29 AM

Would be cool if they could integrate Arrow and Flash with the upcoming Superman/Batman movie. I doubt it could happen but CW is partially owned by WB so who knows.
As for TV show based on Batman, I doubt they would ever go with that. They want to use him for big budget blockbuster movies, not TV.

We kinda sidetracked.You mean the movie where Ben Afleck is Batman  :banghead: please dont.Batman did have a Tv-show before,so it wouldnt be unprecedented or something.And it would definitly pull the ratings so I dont see why its impossible?If Gotham goes like Smallvile for Batman,maybe Ill watch it but police procedural set in Gotham doesnt sound so attractive,frankly.
Jon Farmer

Cyber Burn

Quote from: crimsonquill on May 09, 2014, 07:02:35 PM
From what I'm reading in various sources GOTHAM was picked up by FOX for a FULL season, but the main reason of it's existence is being part of a deal that was made between WB and FOX to resolve the television rights issue so the entire 1966 Batman series will finally see it's release on DVD/Blu-Ray hopefully by the 2014 Holiday Season.. since it's Batman Anniversary this year after all.

Now this has made my day.  :D

crimsonquill

I'm starting to believe that we might see Batman/Bruce Wayne in the Arrow/Flash shows but it will be a specific version of the character JUST for their own televerse. CW's hoping to build their own DC Universe little by little and getting to use Ra's Al Ghoul and mentioning Bludhaven several times is hints that plans are there for the shadow of the Batman to appear in Season Three but just how much depends on how the showrunners are allowed to get away with without stepping on FOX's toes with their own television rights for Batman. Once again, FOX owns the rights for the live-action Batman on television which is why they have been sitting on the Batman 1966 show for decades milking it's syndication rights to death. GOTHAM is the workaround to keep FOX's rights to the character alive while WB moves ahead with their movies and CW moves ahead with their televerse. 

FOX chose to do the pre-Batman world because it allows them more flexibility for growth of characters if it lasts for the long run (7 to 10 seasons) and knowing that police/detective dramas are very big in the ratings. I guess you could say they decided to go for a Smallville approach to Batman so they maintain their own televerse without feeding into CW's shows (I really doubt FOX would enjoy pushing better ratings into Arrow/Flash especially if their show starts to get too boring among the die hard fans without "costumed heroes and villains").

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Midnite

I don't see Gotham lasting that long, Fox likes to cancel good shows. Disappointed they cancelled Almost Human.  :angry:

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

thalaw2

Oh but you must wait....Hahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahaha!  Ewwahahahahah!    :D
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

I hope Felicity wont realy die tonight  :unsure:
Jon Farmer

bat1987

My bet is on Sarah, would open the spot for Laurel as Black Canary. And it just seems to be heading that way, but we'll wait and see I guess.

thalaw2

Awesome season ending episode!  A bit off topic...but is it me or is there an old Deathstroke store where it was explained that he wore the eye patch to give his enemies a chance?  Also, given modern knowledge of neuroscience it's highly possible that he can see even without the eye because the brain is one of the most advanced redundant systems in the world. 

Anyway, I can't wait to see what happens next season. 
Spoiler
Was anyone fooled for even one moment that Ollie was in love with Felicity?  I sure wasn't.  It was too predictable for me.  I know she has a crush on Ollie, but it was very clear that he didn't have the same feelings for her and have made sense given his track record with women.
革命不会被电视转播

Podmark

Yeah it was a pretty good finale. Pretty close to what I was expecting.

Quote from: thalaw2 on May 16, 2014, 12:19:50 PM
Spoiler
Was anyone fooled for even one moment that Ollie was in love with Felicity?  I sure wasn't.  It was too predictable for me.  I know she has a crush on Ollie, but it was very clear that he didn't have the same feelings for her and have made sense given his track record with women.

Spoiler

I almost was. But then I started thinking it through and knew it was a ploy. At first I thought it was just to get her to stay safe, but I figured it out by the time Deathstroke had her.

Also I really liked that Roy got a mask.
And Barrowman is a regular next year :)
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

HarryTrotter

Great season finale
What to expect in season 3(Wild Guessing):
-Slade being in Suicide squad
-Thea getting a masked identity/whole gone of to train with Malcolm thing kinda seals it.
-Laurel becoming Black Canary(WHY GOD WHY?!!)
-Ras al Ghul(Maybe?)
-Crossovers(with Flash and maybe some new TV-shows)
-Roy being Red Arrow
-Digg balancing his family and working for Arrow
-Maybe whole Oliver is a father subplot
Jon Farmer

thalaw2

Should Laurel and Ollie hook up again as a romantic relationship?  Perhaps in a few years.  But if they hook up next season then to me it seems Laurel has no self-respect.  I know Ollie was her bf first, but he got caught fooling around with her sister and continued the relationship after returning.  And he has an illegitimate son that was conceived in yet another side relationship.  I know Laurel and Ollie getting back together would be art imitating life, but I hope the writers don't go there too soon.
革命不会被电视转播

Cyber Burn

I fell asleep before the end, extremely bummed.  :banghead:

Quote from: Spade on May 17, 2014, 06:39:35 AM
Great season finale
What to expect in season 3(Wild Guessing):
-Slade being in Suicide squad
-Thea getting a masked identity/whole gone of to train with Malcolm thing kinda seals it.
-Laurel becoming Black Canary(WHY GOD WHY?!!)
-Ras al Ghul(Maybe?)
-Crossovers(with Flash and maybe some new TV-shows)
-Roy being Red Arrow
-Digg balancing his family and working for Arrow
-Maybe whole Oliver is a father subplot

Spoiler

- Slade on the Suicide Squad, that would be cool, even better if they had their own show.

- Thea a villain under Merlyn's influence, that could have potential.

- I always thought that Grean Arrow and Black Canary were a good balance, but as for Laurel becoming the Black Canary, PLEASE...NO!!!  :thumbdown:

- Ra's al Ghul, no opinion either way.

- Crossovers between shows, I don't know, this could be alright depending on the story, and hopefully they won't feel forced. Crossovers for the sake of crossovers, really don't work.

- Roy as Red Arrow, that could be alright, although from what little I saw, Roy did seem to have a lot of skill for someone who had so little training.

- As far as Diggle and his family life goes, I think it's just going to add more drama than is needed, which would take away from the action.

- Oliver as a father? As long as it's not of a teenager or something. Let his child be a child, it's a little too early to be thinking of a replacement.

bat1987

Gotta admit while a good episode, it was not as good as I expected it to be.

Spoiler
Slade vs Ollie went down as expected, I liked  back to back sequence between the two timelines. Felicity introducing herself to  Nyssa was awesome lol. Malcolm had way smaller role than I hoped for. We'll see where the whole Thea plot goes next season. The whole sequence with Diggle and co, stopping Waller was not as intense as I hoped it would be. The ending with Quentin having internal bleeding was random IMO. Oh and Roy had a mask! Hopefully he gets a full costume next season.
Interesting how Slade still hated Ollie, even without Mirakuru. We finally know how Waller and Ollie first met. We'll see how that goes.
All in all an OK ending to a trully great season. Looking forward to season 3

Cyber Burn

Don't know if anyone is interested or not, but Walmart has Season 1 on DVD for $15.00.

HarryTrotter

Flash is coming out in june,so we can kill some time until season 3  :cool:
Jon Farmer

Deaths Jester

The one thing I think the next season will have happening is a return to the dangling plot thread of H.I.V.E. involving Diggle.  If they don't return to that, I really don't see them ever returning to it.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.