News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

*pokes his head in*

Started by Tomato, February 04, 2012, 12:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

So, I'm reading some posts over in Ponification about how certain people are all playing over here in CoX, and with a weekend of cold and ickiness outside, I've got a bit of down time. And since it's free to play and all...

Now, before anyone gets all excited, I'm not promising anything. I remember not really caring for CoX's basic play style back in the day, and I doubt it's really changed. That said, even if I now come to love it, it still suffers from the same issues that caused me to fall out of CO and DCUO... lack of real gaming time, plus my internet connection is pretty much crap. I have to phone tether for net, and get maybe 300KB/s if I'm really lucky. Thankfully, CoX seems to be light compared to it's DCUO bretheren (patches in the GB range. GIGABITES!) so it seems like it'll be less taxing on that front... but we'll see. 14m:27s remaining.

Reepicheep

I could pop in and roll a new toon with you. I haven't played in a while, and I got a weekend free right now.

Tomato

I'm still waiting on stage 2 to DL right now (63%), so it'll be a minute before I even start the Tutorial. I'm on Freedom, toon is TomatoFR if anyone wants to track me down.

Reepicheep

You can grab me at @Nappyrash. I'm on now.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Unfortunately I really don't have time to play much on the weekends these days thanks to work weirdness and such.  I'll see if I can scrape together a bit of time later this morning to see if you all are on.

Our channel is "FR and NRF" which is the best way to find everyone.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Tomato

Waiting on Stage 3 to DL. Fuuuuuun

Reepicheep

Does that mean you can get into Atlas, or is it a stage too early?

Tomato

It means I'm stuck in the tutorial area around the helicopter.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Well I'll be on tomorrow afternoon to look for you, so hopefully all will be done then.

Tomato

I got it running finally (I finally just gave up, shut it off, and let it just DL for a couple hours) and actually got to lv.7 before going to bed. I'm still cleaning up the last few missions of Atlas Park right now, but I think I'm almost done.

That said, I can't really use the channel yet, one of the dumb freetp things. Meeeehhh

catwhowalksbyhimself

You must not have played it very long the first time then, since global channels is unlocked rather quickly for vet accounts.

Actually, I just looked it up.  You would have had to play for a year to unlock that feature.  Oh well, give me your global and I'll look for you the hard way.  Mine is @catwho

Tomato

I had to get a new account, couldn't remember the login for my old one. My handle is TomatoisJPH and the toon name is TomatoFR

Logging on now.

Reepicheep

I could be about later today. Going out for a meal in, like, 30 minutes.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'll be back in 2 hours or so.

Too bad about the old account.  You get extra goodies just for using it.

Oh I just realized you can't send tells either, although you can receive them.  That will make meeting difficult.  I believe you can respond to tells by hitting the backspace button though.

Tomato

Anyone who wants to track me down, I suddenly have a bunch of free time today, so... CoH. Yayz.

UnfluffyBunny

Hijacking thread, i've actually been back for a while, minus my sw:tor hiatus >.> mostly on virtue but I went back to freedom this week, presuming people are still using freedom? >.>
still in FR / NRF chat ness as @severard but I always forget to keep an eye on chat >.>

catwhowalksbyhimself

We're still on freedom, yeah, and if you don't keep that chat channel up you'll probably miss us.

Be great if you could join us sometimes though.

UnfluffyBunny

yeah i'll make note to set up new tabs when I log in today sometime, I have 2 server transfers so I might bring some of my higher level toons back too