News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Vista to Windows 7

Started by Xenolith, January 24, 2012, 01:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolith

I'm switching from Vista to Windows 7.  I'm hoping that at least some of the multitude of problems I have with  :ffvstr: will go away.  So, in light of the switch, are there any  :ffvstr:-related precautions I should take before installation? 

Thanks!

Randomdays

I installed both on Win7 32 bit not so long ago and had no problems. If you don't know, don't install in the standard Programs directory. Right click on the shortcuts and run the executable in WinXp compatabity mode. Both character viewers work.

For me, both in Xp and in Win7, a could run the editor for FFVTTR, but not for FF. Sometimes the AI/pathfinding in FF seems to be a little strange as well. Testing new meshes in the first park map, as well as the standard Minuteman, when I click to have him walk nearby, they wander halfway across the map. Could just be my setup though

Xenolith

I now have Windows 7 on my machine, but so far it hasn't changed the fact that I can't use some of Gren's new meshes.  Why in the world would I not be able to use some of the "freshly" downloaded meshes?

Performance over Vista is greatly increased.  I hope filem modification and management is less of a headache.