News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

CTool for FF1 trouble

Started by Raven, January 21, 2012, 03:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Hello friends!
I've been having problems with the  :ff: CTool since I upgraded processor + graphics card. Now whenever I open CTool original problems appear in the image, the meshes are distorted.

:doh:

The Upgrade CTool I downloaded the official website does not work. It shows an error message and simply closes the application.

AppName: charactertool.exe    AppVer: 0.0.0.0    ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.6055    Offset: 00012437

Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

Randomdays

I've always had some meshes appear broken like that in ctool - even ones that I was working with - WinXp and Win7 machines.. Always thought that it was a problem with the way they were weight painted.  Try loading some of the default Irrational meshes into cTool and see if they appears okay. If so, the problem might just be mesh specific.

Raven

95% of my meshes work perfectly. Only some of them are distorted in CTool original. But when I use the Update CTool I downloaded the Modforce, sometimes the mesh or open, the application closes automatically.

Randomdays

It's probably the mesh then. Just keep using the original cTool. Anything thst looks messed up, check it in game with the character creator. If it looks fine in game, that's what really matters.

Raven

The problem is that it did not happen before replacing the processor and video card installation. everything was perfect. But now the meshes appear with defects and deformations, and I would like to return as it was before. The CTool the modforce Update does not work. Appears an error and the application closes. Guys, I'm feeling bad about it all up ...

Raven

See how the Tomato's male_basic is displayed on Ctool 1. No one knows what may be the problem?

ow_tiobe_sb

Are your video drivers current?  Many video cards do not ship with the most current drivers, so make certain you are running the current drivers for your particular card and operating system.

Have you tried a clean re-installation of CTool, including the update available at Modforce?  It sounds to me as if your newer card does not like the way the Netimmerse format was installed under previous conditions (i.e., a different hardware configuration may require a different sort of handshake between software and hardware).  A re-installation from scratch may solve that problem.  By the look of some of your screenshots, it seems that CTool is displaying the character in both physiqued (rigged) and pre-physiqued poses, which suggests (to my mind) a rendering and animation problem.

If these methods do not work, then it may be that you selected a video card/processor combination that does not like Netimmerse.  Good luck!

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

Johnny Patches

i had this issue a year or two ago.. and im almost sure i did a windows update and it updated a few things and i never had that prob again..

Raven

The Ctool1 I uninstalled, reinstalled the NVIDIA driver (ver. 290.53), then reinstalled CTOOL1, but unfortunately nothing worked. Should I also reinstall Windows XP?

Raven

Time passed and I still have the same problem ... nobody can help me?

bearded

i am going to buy a windows 98 machine just for ff.

Raven

I still use Windows XP, but the CTool for  :ff: worked fine when I only had one video card onboard. The problems happened after I bought a NVidia Geforce 8400 GS and update the drivers in the NVidia site ...  :banghead:

Cyber Burn

That's why I only create for FFvt3R. I found it too difficult to create with "Broken" meshes. Not that there is anything wrong with the meshes, just in how they appear.

WyldFyre

I could be wrong.... But it looks like you maynot have the corrected version of the CTool.  I can't tell from the pics, but I don't see the animation slider and pause/play button on the bottom of your screenshots.

There was an issue with the viewer early on and a second version was released. 

http://www.freedomfans.com/modforce/character.php

CTool patch is at the bottom of the page. 

That fixed the issue for me.  I am running a GeForce 560 TI on a Windows 7 machine and have a problem only with hmarrs Hulk mesh.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

hmarrs

Speaking of which.We were discussing this a few weeks back as fyre said.
For some reason the hulk mesh works fine on my machine and on some others.
However for many it donsnt.
Thing is I have it running on an older machine.
The way I figure it is that the newer machines are asking for the graphics
faster then the old ff1 or ctool 1 can provide.
Hence the reason it works just fine in ff2 and ctool2 on the newer machines
Yet ctool on an older machine works well.
So its not the mesh or the program but a compatability issue.
Best way I can explain it is if you play a VHS on an old analog tv it looks and clear
Yet if you play it on a new Hdtv it looks aweful.
Why?
Because it cannot meet the high end requirements of the HDTV.
So we have 3 options
1.We create a patch to fix all this.
2.We all run ctool 1 and ff1 on older machines.
3.Omit ff1 and just run everything in ff2.

Epimethee

Quote from: Raven on November 11, 2012, 09:32:33 PM
I still use Windows XP, but the CTool for  :ff: worked fine when I only had one video card onboard. The problems happened after I bought a NVidia Geforce 8400 GS and update the drivers in the NVidia site ...
I suspect that this might be a case of obsolescence: the newest drivers on a brand-new video card are probably not optimised for a 12-year old operating system and for a mildly popular game of almost the same age.

(In fact, I wouldn't be completely surprised if your video card worked better with FF in a virtual machine such as VMWare. Mind you, I don't know of good the Windows versions of these solutions are for games. On the Mac, they tend to be reasonably good, but it's because the relative dearth of native games creates a market for this kind of solution.)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Raven

Quote from: WyldFyre on November 12, 2012, 11:15:40 AM
I could be wrong.... But it looks like you maynot have the corrected version of the CTool.  I can't tell from the pics, but I don't see the animation slider and pause/play button on the bottom of your screenshots.

There was an issue with the viewer early on and a second version was released. 

http://www.freedomfans.com/modforce/character.php

CTool patch is at the bottom of the page. 

That fixed the issue for me.  I am running a GeForce 560 TI on a Windows 7 machine and have a problem only with hmarrs Hulk mesh.

Hello Fyre! Well then ... I have this new version of CTool for FF1 and the updated patch ... the problem is that whenever I run the new version of Ctool and select mesh which I will view the program suddenly has an error and closes soon after.

It is this error that appears:

AppName: charactertool2.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.6055 Offset: 000192f9

WyldFyre

Hmmm...  A couple of things to check would be that the CTool update pack copied over the files in the main FF directory and you may have to run it in compatibility mode for xp.

That error lists charactertool2.  I don't recall having seen it before.

In the zip file for the update, the sound_e.dll and standard_e.dll files need to be renamed to remove the _e in the names. Otherwise I am not sure why you are getting an error.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/